March 28, 2024, 09:24:22 PM

Author Topic: file not found exception  (Read 6496 times)

Offline ANOMALY

• New Moon
  • IT AINT EASY BEIN CHEESY
    • View Profile
file not found exception
« on: January 29, 2018, 07:47:34 PM »
i redownloaded last moon after a while to play it again, and i wanted just to explore a bit. however, i've come to notice some areas are completely broken as their terrain configure files are missing (so far i've encountered the file not found error when entering the forest and the island, i've also heard from some people that the underwater world has this issue)

here's what the error looks like, in case that's needed (i only bothered screencapping one so you'd get the gist of it). are the files themselves missing and this be a case of human error, or is the game not loading or detecting them for whatever reason?

Offline ShadowSerine

• Half Moon
    • View Profile
Re: file not found exception
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 08:08:14 PM »
Maybe try going to your LM files (Right Click on THE LM symbol on your PC and go to FILE LOCATION) and type in the search bar Version.Txt and try DELETING the file.

Hope this helps!

Offline ANOMALY

• New Moon
  • IT AINT EASY BEIN CHEESY
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 08:34:54 PM »
Maybe try going to your LM files (Right Click on THE LM symbol on your PC and go to FILE LOCATION) and type in the search bar Version.Txt and try DELETING the file.

Hope this helps!

i am able to delete the file, but the problem is that last moon does a directory recheck when a file is removed or changed, meaning that version.txt will be replaced by another copy of it. i can't delete it when the game is running either because the file appears to be in use

Offline Gone

• Proclaimed Batman
  • Full Moon
  • Cya later.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 08:36:03 AM »
I suggest you turn off your game first before trying to proceed with the delete.  Doing a full error correct, By doing this you are only going into your game folder and open the folder version.txt it should bring up your old friend the update console (Hopefully) In notepad. Change the numbers to 0 and exit and save. Then relaunch the game.

Although if this doesn't work, completely delete the version.txt and it will be forced to take a forced update.

goodnight.