March 29, 2024, 11:20:05 AM

Author Topic: Laggy Game/Mouse_and crashing tutorial  (Read 4416 times)

Offline FrostHeart

• New Moon
    • View Profile
Laggy Game/Mouse_and crashing tutorial
« on: July 20, 2014, 08:05:35 AM »
I just got Last Moon, when i got on nothing was lagging, but as soon as i logged in, and it started to say connecting, my mouse would barely move. I started to ask a few people what i could do, and they said to turn off water and grass, and restart the game, i did that, my mouse started to slightly move better, but it still wasn't capable to actually play like that. It took about 15 minutes to actually make my character, when i got onto the default server, i couldn't move correctly, i tried to tap where i wanted to go with my mouse barely moving, and my character slowly went there but lagged while doing it, afterwards, when i clicked it wouldn't stop running, it kept running but did not move, i tried again, that time i couldn't go there at all it still kept running. It was kinda embarrassing  :-[  i logged out thinking maybe it was something to do with the rendering subsystem, i asked someone which one it should be on, and they said it should be on "Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem" i looked back and checked what exactly it was on, and it was on that. I got very confused on what was happening, so i finally came to the thought that it was just me, and i needed to follow the tutorial, i started the game and tried to do the tutorial, when i got on the tutorial it started to severely lag, then it crashed and something said " game.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly, windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available". i then thought maybe Last Moon did not work with Windows 8, which is what i have. So i started to look up stuff like, "Does Last Moon work with Windows 8?", but i found nothing that helped, and no solution has been available yet, i'm now really confused because everyone except only a few people have this issue, and i need help. Can someone please help me!?

Offline Sh0cKeD_FURDOPE

• Half Moon
  • Ȼⱨɍønøℙħøḃĭẵ
    • View Profile
    • deviant art
Re: Laggy Game/Mouse_and crashing tutorial
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 09:46:50 AM »
i have windows 8 so when i do download it (tomorrow) ill tell u if it works so i can answer the "does it work on windows 8?" question other than that i down know!.
I HOPE IT DOES WORK ON WINDOWS 8!! :c :c and i hope your game is fixed <:S  :-X

Offline Husky

• Cobcat
  • Remember your constants
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 01:54:57 PM »
Tutorial just doesn't work anymore I'm pretty sure.
Uhh lagging. I'll let some of the more experienced people to help you out with that, because all I've got it to change to Direct3D9 but you've already tried that.

Offline FrostHeart

• New Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 03:00:26 AM »
Ok, thanks.  :-X

Offline Dovahnkiin

• Quarter Moon
  • Do you even Last Moon?
    • View Profile
    • ScufGaming
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 04:48:21 AM »
if it is not working just turning down your graphics or brightness settings that should help or close ant extra tabs you may have open.
~~~~~~~~~
Cats are OP

Offline FerretFoo

• The One You All Love
  • Half Moon
  • lawlz TurcoClurn bestest wow, jurn naow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 05:51:17 AM »
Hi Frost so I have windows 8 and works fine for me. When it comes to a laggy mouse I had the same problem when I first started and found out I was in tablet mode. Go into the settings and see if the tablet option is on or not and switch it, see if that fixes this issue :3. Far as crashing tutorial like Husky said I don't think it works anymore.

Offline Dutchval

• June & August 2014 MotM
  • That girl who is always has too much on her plate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 07:32:58 AM »
If you press Insert I think, that turns Tablet Mode on and off. So if you have one of those large Desktop keyboards, you might every once and a while accidentally hit the insert key and turn this mode on (at least I do every once in a while.)
If you are still experiencing lag, you should go to settings and turn off/ down some of your settings. That always helps.
Usually the most laggy thing as of the most current version, is the grass and water reflections. If you go into Settings when you hit Esc, and drag all of the grass sliders to the right and turn off the check box with Water reflections, that should lower your lagg as well.
I hope I helped ^u^ :D

Avatar done by Sinprince! Signature done by UltimateCreations!