April 19, 2024, 01:49:24 PM

Author Topic: Last Moon Won't Open?  (Read 7969 times)

Offline XxAveryKittyxX

• New Moon
    • View Profile
Last Moon Won't Open?
« on: May 31, 2015, 04:07:40 AM »
Hello! I am having trouble opening LM. I deleted it, but now want to play it again. So I download it, the black box appears for a few seconds and vanishes, and the game doesn't open. I deleted the version.tex and update.tex AND tried running as administrator, but I have no ideas left as to how to make this game work. Any suggestions?

Offline Dutchval

• June & August 2014 MotM
  • That girl who is always has too much on her plate
    • View Profile
Re: Last Moon Won't Open?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 09:36:06 AM »
\\Moved to Game Help

Sounds like something may be blocking your updater. Could you please copy/paste the contents of your update.txt here? Then we can help you further ^^ Your update.txt is in the same folder as your version.txt and can be opened with Window's Notepad

Avatar done by Sinprince! Signature done by UltimateCreations!

Offline XxAveryKittyxX

• New Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 02:40:56 PM »
My Update.txt is this:
********Version 0.4.2********
          17/06/2014

New graphics(Water, grass),
if they cause lag turn them off in
your settings.

We now have a new website!
Visit LastMoon.org and register on the forum for
assistance & update previews. 

www.LastMoon.org

Offline Dutchval

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 03:09:52 PM »
Wrong one xD Go one folder back, the one that looks like this:

Offline XxAveryKittyxX

• New Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 05:20:17 PM »
Oh, sorry!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 77, in <module>
  File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 126, in urlopen
  File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 400, in open
  File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 418, in _open
  File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 378, in _call_chain
  File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 1207, in http_open
  File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 1177, in do_open
URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it>

Offline Myz

• Mooo
  • Head Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 06:21:47 PM »
It's being blocked by firwall/anti virus

Offline XxAveryKittyxX

• New Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 08:48:58 PM »
That's weird... my Norton expired and it's still blocked. I'll see what I can do to it though.

Offline Dutchval

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 10:17:45 AM »
If you're having troubles with your Antivirus, I highly suggest you take a look at this thread:
http://lastmoon.org/forum/general/antivirus-suggestion-thread/

I'll be leaving this thread open, until you let us know that you're able to play ^^

Offline XxAveryKittyxX

• New Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2015, 10:15:09 PM »
I may need to wait till Norton is updated. Here's what I think I'll need to do:
1. Renew Norton ( we need a better one than Norton  >:( )
2. Disable it for a certain amount of time.
3. Try to download LM again.
I'll edit this post when Norton is renewed and I try to download LM again.

Offline Myz

• Mooo
  • Head Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2015, 11:30:17 PM »
You don't need to renew it, you could just uninstall it and get some free anti virus instead.

Offline Dutchval

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2015, 08:13:27 AM »
Exactly as Myz said, Norton is one of the most over rated anti virus programs ever. It has been proven way too many times that it identifies so many programs as malware when they are truly not. If you take a look at the link I posted above, there was a thread made recommending antiviruses that truly work well, with LM and other programs as well.

Offline XxAveryKittyxX

• New Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2015, 02:00:52 PM »
I might get my own laptop soon, (well, my dad's old one!) so I can probably do whatever I want on that. This current computer is a family computer though, and my parents would kill me if I got a virus on it.

Offline Dutchval

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2015, 09:36:34 AM »
I know, my dear, which is why I recommended the thread to you. No body wants a virus or malware on their computer, if it was a shared computer or not, which is why we're trying to help you, and tell you that Norton is proven to be one of the most over rated (in the worst way) antivirus programs ever. Because not only does it point out alot of programs that infact aren't viruses, but it also misses plenty that are. If you don't want to read the thread, I'll write it here.

If you want a reliable antivirus, that its not only free, but makes your computer unimaginably squeaky clean, I personally recommend you get both of these programs: Microsoft Security Essentials, and Adwcleaner. Microsoft Security essentials is made by Microsoft itself, as shown in the title. MSE is good with normal maintenance, and scheduled, regular checkups. It's free to download from the Microsoft website. However, MSE is almost perfect, but not quite. This is where Adwcleaner comes in. MSE is good with catching and stoping the big guys, but alot of the smaller, quieter ones, it overlooks. Adwcleaner, while it might look fishy (I know I thought it was too when I first saw it) but it works wonders. The first time you run it, it will find small little files that you didn't even know were in your computer. It checks files, directories, shortcuts, and even extensions from your internet browser. I've installed both of these programs on all of my computers, and all of my family's computers, and will continue to in the future. Having both combined, is a truly deadly duo.
TL;DR: I recommend Microsoft Security Essentials, and Adwcleaner. Installing both on a computer will make a computer so squeaky clean you might even get suspicious on how you haven't gotten any viruses lately.

If you want links, just send me a PM, and I'll give both of the download links to you ^^

Offline Kitti

• New Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2017, 11:36:42 PM »
My Last Moon won't open also, I just recently downloaded it, and I have the same problem. The box comes up, then goes away. In the update text file it says this;

File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 126, in urlopen
  File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 406, in open
  File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 519, in http_response
  File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 444, in error
  File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 378, in _call_chain
  File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 527, in http_error_default
HTTPError: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden

Offline LOSER

• Full Moon
  • Nice work, bone daddy.
    • View Profile
    • Oshima
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2017, 11:54:35 PM »
My Last Moon won't open also, I just recently downloaded it, and I have the same problem. The box comes up, then goes away. In the update text file it says this;

File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 406, in open
  File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 519, in http_response
  File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 444, in error
  File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 527, in http_error_default
HTTPError: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden

Not mini-modding, just stating a simple rule.

2. Do not bump old threads
Please do not post on a thread that hasn't been posted on for 3 weeks or more. e.g. Last Post - 1 month ago. If an old thread is bumped, the person will be warned and that thread will be locked & possibly deleted. This Rule Does Not Apply To Roleplay Or General Threads.

I'd advise posting your own thread about your issue, further help will be retained there.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 11:58:36 PM by LOSER »
Helpful Links:
HELP || RULES || FAQ
"Life is for the alive, my dear."