March 28, 2024, 04:11:15 PM

Author Topic: "Claiming" Prey Idea?  (Read 4719 times)

Offline SorryWhat?

• Quarter Moon
  • Currently Raiding Your Fridge.
    • View Profile
"Claiming" Prey Idea?
« on: December 19, 2015, 03:48:50 AM »
So I was thinking... People often swoop in and take your kill and/or item.

What if there was a way to Claim prey? Like you hold down on the prey and there's an option to claim it?

Claiming Prey: In order to claim the prey, you hold down on the prey, and there's an option to claim it.

What is claiming prey?: Claiming prey means that nobody BUT you can attack the prey.

Item Claims: Whatever that 'Claimed Prey' drops, is yours, unless you remove the claim.

Party claiming: If you want to have multiple people, you could click something like "Add Member" To add a member from your buddy list (Or type in their username) to allow them to claim the prey.

Party Claiming Item: The host of the party as claim on the item, but they may transfer the claim to someone else-- so they may have the item.

Removing Claims: If you remove a claim, then anybody is free to claim that prey.

How many Claims can you have?: You can have only ONE claim. If you wish to switch claims, you must unclaim the prey you have claimed.

Map prey claims: You can only claim animals in your map-- if you leave the map, the claim is removed, and anybody can claim it.

Do Claims expire?: You have unlimited claimed, claiming one animal per character (Until you remove the claim)-- if you log off of that character, your claim is removed.

Draw Points and/or skill pickup: Another way, is claiming animals by finding skills in a draw point, or killing an animal.

So, Thats it. Just a simple thought! I think it would be neat, but could cause a few problems with item claims, etc. Anyway, what do you guys think of it?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 04:13:01 AM by SorryWhat? »

Offline Jenxie13

• May 2015 MotM
  • Full Moon
  • corruption is the result of too much power
    • View Profile
Re: "Claiming" Prey Idea?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 03:20:00 PM »
You can already do something like this with prey, just it's called taming.
You have to get a certain skill called "Tame" which is only available from draw points, and they're also uncommon to get since we're trying to promote the option to buy pets instead.
But if you want to tame a prey, you can get 250 (the max amount of skills per skill) and then attack the prey you want to tame until it has less than 10 health left (so basically a sliver) and then you can start to try and tame it. Taming is very difficult, which is why it's much easier just to buy the pets from Bazaar.

Offline SorryWhat?

• Quarter Moon
  • Currently Raiding Your Fridge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 11:56:14 PM »
What I meant was that you'd claim the prey in order to kill it- not make it your pet, if that wasn't clear ^-^'
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 05:17:11 AM by SorryWhat? »

Offline Scourge

• Quarter Moon
  • I din't wanna wake up, bu then I found your touch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 07:37:25 AM »
I like this idea a lot!
<b> just a teen who listens to pop and peculiar music. i'm about as special as the person sitting next to you. unless they happen to be a scientist who found the cure to cancer.</b>

Offline turtlelover

• Quarter Moon
  • the queen of noobs :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 10:23:05 PM »
Nice idea!  :)

Always be happy and smile!
Living the kawaii life :3

Offline SusiKette-Baka

• New Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 05:48:05 AM »
I like the idea, but I'd personally say that it would be better to make it so that you have "claimed" the prey when you are targeting it (party members and friends can still attack the same prey). If you die or un-target, others are free to attack it. For the drops, have it so that they are only visible to the one who killed the prey for a minute or so and then appears to others (party members and friends can see the items immediately)

Offline LOSER

• Full Moon
  • Nice work, bone daddy.
    • View Profile
    • Oshima
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 04:05:20 AM »
I find this idea quite thrilling, it would be useful if you were killing a boss or a specific animal in a local area, especially when your like me and will, without a doubt, will get followed by 7 or 8 new people at a time during your time of questing or hanging out.
Helpful Links:
HELP || RULES || FAQ
"Life is for the alive, my dear."

Offline CopperClaw

• New Moon
    • View Profile
    • http://lastmoon.org/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=1338fb6o4r1gmjtktftnocqnr1&action=register
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 04:23:22 PM »
ita a good idea, but ppl might claim the prey and let it be. it runs off and no one can kill it untill they log off. maybe give it a raidius! if the prey goes out of that, it unclaims