April 19, 2024, 12:59:18 PM

Author Topic: Alphabet of ideas  (Read 3589 times)

Offline Dubstep

• Quarter Moon
    • View Profile
Alphabet of ideas
« on: September 30, 2014, 01:20:05 AM »
(a) Growl (Different from roar) /wolfs/lions/bears/ would be the only ones to have this. Each has a different sound for their species
(b) Snarl emote/sound (One for canines one for felines, I also think bears snarl.. But not sure) 
(c) Carry, now so this isn't abused, for this you'd have a permissions tab and you'd get notifications
so it doesn't annoy you. You could turn off notifications, but you'll still receive permissions.
You could only receive 1 permission until you cancel that current permission, or decline.
Basically you click on someone and click "Ask to carry" it will go to their permissions tab,
if they already have one it will tell the player.
(d) Huff (For deer)
(e) Meow (For lion cubs and domestic/wild cats)
(f) Hiss (Sound for cat breeds I'm not sure if canines hiss)
(g) Yelp (Sound for canine breeds)
(h) Dig (Action)
(i)  Lift leg  (Action)
(j) Pooping position (Action)
(k) Limp, left paw, right paw, left back paw, right pack paw, (Will bend the paw or hoove, and can stay like that when you walk/run/ until you cancel)
(l) Stand up (Stand on two back paws or hooves)
(m) Purr (Distant, so you could only hear if your up close)
(n) Knead (Probably just canine,feline,bears, only)
(o) Suckle (Paws will basically do what young animals do when they suckle)
(p) Scar markings for ,head,body,tail,
(q) Capability of creating your own markings for the game (I'm not sure if you can already or It's not allowed) 
(r) Faint (Fall over to side, eyes close)
(s) Details to separate male/female (Could be abused.. But people still could without.. Probably not such a good idea though)
(t) Keep head in position, for example you lowered your head down, and you want your head to stay there while you walk and move your camera around or something.
(u) Groups (Invite people, and even when you go offline they will still be in that group and you could give people ranks by editing a little box by their name inside the group, and maybe you could assign powers like, kick from group, ban from group for perm or certain time, demote, make king/queen, creation of ranks, And you'd be able to add a description for your group and for each rank first you add a description or not and name your rank then press "Create" and you can assign them to people and it will have the description and everything)
(v) Scroller for bios so we can make our bios as long as we want

That's it sorry if I messed up or somethings seem confusing, I erased some lines and edited them up so I might of missed a few things.
petsbud
--------
dubstep

Offline Forests

• Lead Texture Artist
  • Developer
  • Forry/Forrie
    • View Profile
Re: Alphabet of ideas
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 09:39:07 AM »
(q) Capability of creating your own markings for the game (I'm not sure if you can already or It's not allowed) 
(r) Faint (Fall over to side, eyes close)

We already have faint.
You could make your own markings, but adding them is difficult thus it's against the rules to modify Last Moon files without permission or membership of the Design Team.

Offline Abomine

• September 2014 MoTM
  • Full Moon
  • Just your friendly neighborhood deer-goblin. :)
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 10:05:51 PM »
I love all of the different animal sounds, and to add to the 'huff' sound for deer...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orSIhYAI3VI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orSIhYAI3VI</a>
perhaps an elk bugle?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGE8-FZOY8E" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGE8-FZOY8E</a>
or a stag roar?

The hills are aliiiiiiive with the sound of uzis...

Offline Ellywyn

• Full Moon
  • Slamming revolving doors like Batman.
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 08:13:57 PM »

TEF! The Endless Forest game has a multitude of calls. And, has anyone else noticed how the velociraptors from Jurassic Park, and various creatures in Dinotopia (original movie), sound just like bull elk calling for mates?

Ideas?:

(w) Snuff. (Like a sneeze! Or when a dog or horse force air through their noses, usually to get some scent out?) (Or it could be an action? Rustling under leaves or foliage to scavenge for food.)

(x) Gnaw. (On items, bones, or trees--for deer and the like.)

(y) Cough, or wheeze.

(z) Push (as in how a mother will push her babies out of the den--to help them explore, etc. Maybe not a good idea, since it can be easily abused---it if we can literally push other players... XD)
"Ever walk into a room and forget what you were going to do?

Maybe someone deleted the action you were about to do."
[img width=267 height=200]http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah219/LeaNightrun/495f60b28c61ef86be713d0df8e063ae-d7ofz3x_zps950

Offline Abomine

• September 2014 MoTM
  • Full Moon
  • Just your friendly neighborhood deer-goblin. :)
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 12:50:23 AM »
TEF! The Endless Forest game has a multitude of calls. And, has anyone else noticed how the velociraptors from Jurassic Park, and various creatures in Dinotopia (original movie), sound just like bull elk calling for mates?

Elk and red deer totally sound like dinosaurs. To me, rutting red stags make a sound that I would imagine triceratops to make.

Another animal that totally sounds like a dinosaur: cassowary. And it makes sense since those pretty much ARE modern dinosaurs.

The hills are aliiiiiiive with the sound of uzis...