April 19, 2024, 06:58:15 PM

Author Topic: No more Flea sized pets  (Read 2300 times)

Offline Tortuga

• June 2016 MotM
  • Full Moon
  • Weeeeeeeeee!
    • View Profile
No more Flea sized pets
« on: May 17, 2016, 05:42:30 PM »
Hi, everyone!

I was quite baffled to find that my dragon pet shrinks to an incredibly tiny size, where I cant even see it on my screen. It is rather bothersome because most of the time I lose sight of it and cannot grow it. If I do find it and I grow it, it only grows to a very small size compared to its original size. In order to grow it to its original size, we have to either restart the game or leave to another map.

I think flea sized pets are pointless. I mean, we cannot see the pets, which is not all that useful and to see them large as they originally are, we have to go through the hassle of leaving the map/game.

My suggestion:

Shrink = reasonable small pet (eg.: The one we get after I shrink my dragon and then grow it)
Grow = It should grow the pet to its original size, no matter what.

OR

Give us the option to press 'Shrink' and 'Grow' twice if the flea sized pets have to stay. When we press shrink, it should shrink the pet to the reasonably smaller size where we can see them.
From here on, we should have both the options to grow it to original size or shrink our pet further to the flea size.

Everyone would be so much happier.

Thank you!
Tortuga

Signature done by Ulti!

Offline Venadryl

• Lead 3D Modeler
  • Developer
  • Previously known as Venwolf
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
Re: No more Flea sized pets
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 12:36:48 AM »
Problem is, the game code is set to shrink pets to a set size no matter what size it originally was. So if it's a small pet it won't seem that tiny when shrunk because it's only being shrunk down, say, 25%. Now a huge dragon sized down that much would look a lot smaller.

Meaning that we'd have to rewrite a lot of code. I'm not exactly sure how the Shrink system works though.

But good idea, anyway, I really like it! Definitely would love to see this.