March 28, 2024, 08:38:07 PM

Author Topic: Ideas for Advertising Last Moon  (Read 4102 times)

Offline Luminescent

• Half Moon
  • yeet
    • View Profile
Ideas for Advertising Last Moon
« on: June 06, 2016, 01:48:26 AM »
Hi all,

I feel like this game should be professionally advertised. I mean, think about it.

This game took money to make, so this isn't some childish dream talk. This is real talk. It took rendering systems and people to create the game aspects, and donations. Money donations. I've also realised that advertising on other forums doesn't have a huge effect on the community.

I've seen Google giving templates and opportunities for people to build their ads and display it on the Google domain. And this would attract more people, as Google is visited billions of times each day.
You can make your ad for free, although I am not quite sure if the launchment of your ad costs money. This is just an overview. The website link is down below, so tell me what you think about it. Good? Bad? I know this website basically advertises Last Moon, but not everyday do people search up Last Moon out of randomness. If it's placed as an ad, then everyone can see it. Please don't be afraid to express your thoughts. This topic is made for suggestions.

Google Display Network Link: https://www.google.com/ads/displaynetwork/build-your-ads/display-ad-builder.html

NOTICE!
Unity is also launching video ads for free (?), not sure if it has the same concept of investment as Google, check it out.
If the success rate of your ads is good, you earn lots of money, so that will also boost the money we have..

Link: http://unity3d.com/services/ads?gclid=Cj0KEQjwvtS6BRC8pcKn8OXIg_wBEiQAqtpiz1muzWpLor5Z9nXihN-hibTXigiA28A-9m1C_hv38IcaAvfw8P8HAQ

Thanks for the interest Last Mooners!

~Luminescent
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 09:40:39 PM by Luminescent »

Offline Tortuga

• June 2016 MotM
  • Full Moon
  • Weeeeeeeeee!
    • View Profile
Re: Ideas for Advertising Last Moon
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 07:54:12 PM »
As far as I know, the making and launching itself is free but you got to pay money each time someone clicks on the ad, or each time your ad is displayed on a website or if people are led to your website through the ad.

You can choose the payment method of the three.

Signature done by Ulti!

Offline Aetherna

• July 2016 MoTM
  • Full Moon
  • ~The original potato queen~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 08:11:31 PM »
LM needs advertising NOW. Making an ad for LM would be a nice idea to advertise it, but I'm not sure if paying money is necessary if someone clicks on it.

Offline Luminescent

• Half Moon
  • yeet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 09:14:06 PM »
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's free. To be sure, I'll have to do more research. But for now, maybe we should consider making an ad.

Yes, I found the info on the google ad page, and it states,

"Pay only when people click on your ads, and start and stop advertising anytime."
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 09:17:50 PM by Luminescent »

Offline Lyric

• the real slim shady
  • Full Moon
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 09:17:02 PM »
I'll be sure to speak with the higher ups about this. Thank you all.

Avatar by iMorpheus! Signature by DubstepiC!

Offline Myz

• Mooo
  • Head Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 09:17:37 PM »
Running effective ad campaigns on Google costs thousands of dollars

Offline Luminescent

• Half Moon
  • yeet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 09:22:44 PM »
Running effective ad campaigns on Google costs thousands of dollars

That's true. But when you see ads you usually don't click on it, unless you've played that game or something: Such as slither.io; I saw an ad earlier and I've actually seen the game. I don't want to discuss about Last Moon's budgets as I would think that would be private and discussed with the admins and etc. There may be other companies giving opportunities for ads. I'll have to research, but keep discussing and thanks Myz, Lyric, Tortuga, and Aetherna for the notice.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 09:31:35 PM by Luminescent »