March 28, 2024, 09:20:08 AM

Author Topic: Expensive Pets, Show Pets  (Read 2325 times)

Offline Emubird1

• Quarter Moon
  • https://postimg.org/image/unjaw2ysd/
    • View Profile
Expensive Pets, Show Pets
« on: July 09, 2015, 01:38:22 PM »
Introduction: After a recent incident where I bought a Haunted Tower from the shop I found that the costly pet didn't deal as much damage as I first expected, not being able to know for sure beforehand. Without knowing, I bought the Haunted Tower for seven gold due to the fact that it was expensive, was quite large, and had a lot of health. Strangely enough I was mislead by these very variables when I bought the pet, to which I was disappointed by. The Haunted Tower looked great, and had the expected health, but did not meet the expected amount of health damage I wished to see. In fact, just by eyeballing the damage I came to the conclusion that a Ursa Minor pet did more damage, the Ursa Minor being cheaper than the Haunted Tower. From this experience I felt that I had been scammed, frankly, and I was quite sure that others may have been mislead the same way.

Issue: Cost of a pet mislead the damage it can deal in battle

Fixing the minor issue:
There are two ways that issue can be fixed; a in depth wiki could be created and posted on the forum or another pet shop could be created(This would be much more difficult I'm sure).
P.s.- Even though there is a wiki currently that is helpful, but it isn't in alphabetical order and could have more work done into it to make it a greater source of information.

Creating the Wiki
Wikis are similar to guides; they give information that can be used, however many of them can be changed by other people that find the wiki. To avoid this issue, only admins could edit the wiki for the purpose of the Last Moon players. In addition to the admins creating the wiki, many of them could use their knowledge of the Game Developers who created the pets. With each contribution to the information of the pets, players could learn exactly what the stats are on one animal. Stats could include multiple facts such as; health(In bars or numbers), damage(based off one player health bar), map that it is spawned in, best way to battle the animal, appearance shown by a picture, tamable or not, able to be bought in the shop or not, cost, spawn rarity, item drops, skill drops, and level of danger when fought.

Example:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slenderwolf

Stats:
Health: 9000
Damage: +1 health bar
Spawn: Slandyman Forest
Tamable: No
Buy able: No
Spawn Rarity: Commonly Rare
Skill drop: Super cure
Item drop: Red tie, blue bubble, claws, claws, broken metal

Battling
Danger: High
Damage to the player: Instant wound
Best skill to use on: Roar
Best animal character to use: Spiky Bear
Recommendations: Wings
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Creating Another Pet Shop Owner
Creating, coding, and relocating expensive but showy pets would be needed to be done if this route was taken. This would be much more work of course, but would reduce the amount of players buying expensive pets for the wrong reason.

Thank you for reading, and feel free to post commends that benefit the idea, support it, or improve it. Hopefully a easy fix can be made for this issue so many Last Mooners won't have to play the guessing game when choosing a pet.

Offline Jenxie13

• May 2015 MotM
  • Full Moon
  • corruption is the result of too much power
    • View Profile
Re: Expensive Pets, Show Pets
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 03:26:41 PM »
They already have a wiki, but personally, I don't think adding onto it would be half bad of an idea.
However, I'm pretty sure all of the pets in the Boss & Praise Pet shop DO spawn somewhere, so you could probably go to where it spawns and start to battle it there, seeing how much damage it does.

Offline Scourge

• Quarter Moon
  • I din't wanna wake up, bu then I found your touch.
    • View Profile
Re: Expensive Pets, Show Pets
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 12:47:33 AM »
Interesting idea. I like where this is going!
<b> just a teen who listens to pop and peculiar music. i'm about as special as the person sitting next to you. unless they happen to be a scientist who found the cure to cancer.</b>