March 28, 2024, 08:19:58 PM

Author Topic: Spawn Control?  (Read 3991 times)

Offline Bazookaneon

• Full Moon
  • BAZOOKA!!
    • View Profile
Spawn Control?
« on: July 17, 2014, 10:46:15 PM »
A little suggestion I have for the update; spawn control.

Prey has been around the server since it was initially introduced in IT sometime in 2009, I think. Over time, different maps, such as GreatFalls (Now known as Rainbow Falls) got their own unique prey for you to hunt and tame, some made by popular IT users like Superfluous.

Now, I don't mean to be rude here, but there are some maps that have gotten spawns and really, really don't need them. For me, the purest example of this is Waterfall Cave. When IT was still out, that was one of my favorite maps to visit. Imagine my dismay when I discovered that that very same tiny cave has been conquered by tiny bouncy mask things.

And nowadays, the spawn in GreatFalls is different; there are rainbow giraffes running rampant in it. While I know it probably doesn't bother anyone to see random rainbows running around, I'm wondering if these spawns can create lag and if there's a way to control it.

This is just a small suggestion, but is it possible to turn off spawns like you would turn off grass and reflections? Or would it not work as all spawns can be seen by anyone in the map? If there would be an option to turn it off, I think it would be a great addition to Last Moon, for those of us who might suffer from the lag or simply would rather explore a map without seeing all of its prey in the meantime.
B A Z O O K A ! !

Offline War

• Full Moon
  • best be left to his own devices
    • View Profile
Re: Spawn Control?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 07:28:23 PM »
I second this actually

Offline Ganja-Shark

• Quarter Moon
  • Franziska von Stoned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 07:51:21 PM »
Yeah, this and more control over spawn area, like dafuq fishes out of water

drugs, girls and rock 'n roll

Offline RaivenWings

• Full Moon
  • #SorryNotSorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 08:30:47 PM »
I think it would make sense to turn the visible prey off, so they'd still be there technically so others in the map could hunt/etc. Or perhaps a 'prey-free' dim? Say, designate dim 5 in "x" map to be prey-free?

I has a Demonloaf! Thank you Haur!

Offline Myz

• Mooo
  • Head Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 12:24:27 AM »
Special dim is more reasonable