March 28, 2024, 11:11:11 PM

Author Topic: What new animals do you want to see?  (Read 65428 times)

Offline OrigamiTale

• Quarter Moon
  • Swimming in a sea of regret.
    • View Profile
Re: What new animals do you want to see?
« Reply #120 on: November 03, 2014, 06:18:07 PM »
Any animal that is already in the current version would be awesome, but perhaps in a more realistic style to coincide with the more realistic canine models of the revamp.

Other Suggestions:

--Antelope
--Crocodiles
--Lizards
--Snakes
--Horses
--Bison
--Hyenas
--Birds
--Elephants

That sounds AWSOME
Squeak squeak squeakity squeak

my in-game username is MagicPotato.

Offline martyna34892pl

• New Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 03, 2014, 08:20:33 PM »
Owl and lemur ! ;D

Offline Balto

• Quarter Moon
  • Whaddup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 03, 2014, 10:05:13 PM »
How about a few Pokémon Species? I know they ain't real but, could be fun? Arcanine, Houndoom, Mightyena. Rapidash, things like that? On the subject of Mightyena, a Hyena would be a pretty decent animal too add.
Finnaly an icon of me.

I am the guy who leaves that candy by your bed when you sleep <.< >.>

Offline FaintSilhouette

• March 2014 MoTM
  • Full Moon
  • Thank you Husky275 for the drawing of May! ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 03, 2014, 10:52:51 PM »
Balto, I think the idea is to /not/ add copyrighted content. (Like pokemon.)

Lanetic, Rune, and Tiberius drawn by Bazookaneon

Offline Balto

• Quarter Moon
  • Whaddup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 04, 2014, 01:51:41 PM »
As far as I am aware using them would be considered fair use? I am sure, seeing as though Last Moon earns no money from them being used.
Finnaly an icon of me.

I am the guy who leaves that candy by your bed when you sleep <.< >.>

Offline FaintSilhouette

• March 2014 MoTM
  • Full Moon
  • Thank you Husky275 for the drawing of May! ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 04, 2014, 02:28:26 PM »
As far as I am aware using them would be considered fair use? I am sure, seeing as though Last Moon earns no money from them being used.

I'm just going to dump these here.

fair use
noun
(in US copyright law) the doctrine that brief excerpts of copyright material may, under certain circumstances, be quoted verbatim for purposes such as criticism, news reporting, teaching, and research, without the need for permission from or payment to the copyright holder.

cop·y·right
ˈkäpēˌrīt/Submit
noun
the exclusive legal right, given to an originator or an assignee to print, publish, perform, film, or record literary, artistic, or musical material, and to authorize others to do the same.
"he issued a writ for breach of copyright"
a particular literary, artistic, or musical work that is covered by copyright.
adjective
adjective: copyright
protected by copyright.
"permission to reproduce photographs and other copyright material"
verb
verb: copyright; 3rd person present: copyrights; past tense: copyrighted; past participle: copyrighted; gerund or present participle: copyrighting
secure copyright for (material).

Neither of these definitions mention not using for profit/money or for use of games. I'm done here. ._. Besides, I don't doubt you could just /make/ pokemon out of the meshes they will already have.

Lanetic, Rune, and Tiberius drawn by Bazookaneon

Offline Bazookaneon

• Full Moon
  • BAZOOKA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 04, 2014, 02:31:48 PM »
Balto, that isn't fair use. Taking copyrighted content and putting it on a free server that is used by so many people is not fair use. If Last Moon were to put them in game, that could probably cause some serious trouble and compromise the server.

You don't need actual pokemon models. I've made a zoroark using the hyena head and the regular thin model. You don't need it to look identical. Just put some imagination into it.
B A Z O O K A ! !

Offline ஜ۩۞۩ஜ Sραcє ஜ۩۞۩ஜ

• Half Moon
  • Butt Of The Forum ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 04, 2014, 08:30:44 PM »
Balto, that isn't fair use. Taking copyrighted content and putting it on a free server that is used by so many people is not fair use. If Last Moon were to put them in game, that could probably cause some serious trouble and compromise the server.

You don't need actual pokemon models. I've made a zoroark using the hyena head and the regular thin model. You don't need it to look identical. Just put some imagination into it.

Good explanation, Bazooka. You don't have to make it identical, Use your imagination! Even if we did add them, It would most likely cause LM to shut down, and that would be trouble for EVERYONE! We don't need to ruin everyone's Fun!
~ Spacey <3

Ingame Username: Space
DoE Forum: PinkLightedSuicide
DoE Game: LightedPink

Offline Dusk Claw

• New Moon
  • White Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 04, 2014, 10:33:51 PM »
How about a lynx or bobcat? Or maybe a marine mammal.

Offline Nagai-sama

• New Moon
  • we came, we saw, we kicked its ass!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 07, 2014, 10:09:29 PM »
i would recommend putting animals in the game where players have some flexibility in creating the exact species they want from basic models. this way, it would make things easier for you and the users. it does get a bit tiring to keep clicking through the arrows to find exactly what you want.

imo, i believe you should only include horses, lions, and wolves. this way, instead of making completely different models for deer, dogs, jaguars, antelope, whatever, you can add simpler tools like making the muzzle smaller, choosing which ears, which tail, and which markings. you could also add a few sliders for other small details, like back hunch (e.g for hyenas) or larger hind legs.

of course, there is no need to imply my idea into the game if you find modelling a bunch of different species to your liking and other players'. im going to list specie groups (i guess?) instead of what animals.

Canine model (default wolf-looking)
Feline model (default lion-looking)
Equine (default horse-looking)
Mustelid (default weasel-looking)

i am not quite sure about reptiles. if you decide to place reptiles or lizards in the game, i would give it a wide range of sizes and such since some players may want to play a crocodile.
keep in mind that finding certain horns/teeth/ect could be a little stressful for some players. i highly recommend having things such as teeth, horns, claws, and most natural things an animal can possess accessible during customization.
before anyone wants to correct me, i know equines felines and canines were confirmed, i just put them there for examples.
(hope i made sense!)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 12:16:55 AM by Nagai-sama »
alois trancy is the bae
ciel phantomhive is the boo
ken kaneki is the sexy
holo is the bia
eren is the honey
mikasa is the bab
ymir is the gay
krista is the babby
kano is the coolkat
hinata is the gey

click him!

Offline Nokey

• Quarter Moon
  • *Breaths heavily *
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart - BlueTheRulet
« Reply #130 on: November 24, 2014, 02:40:40 PM »
i would recommend putting animals in the game where players have some flexibility in creating the exact species they want from basic models. this way, it would make things easier for you and the users. it does get a bit tiring to keep clicking through the arrows to find exactly what you want.

imo, i believe you should only include horses, lions, and wolves. this way, instead of making completely different models for deer, dogs, jaguars, antelope, whatever, you can add simpler tools like making the muzzle smaller, choosing which ears, which tail, and which markings. you could also add a few sliders for other small details, like back hunch (e.g for hyenas) or larger hind legs.

of course, there is no need to imply my idea into the game if you find modelling a bunch of different species to your liking and other players'. im going to list specie groups (i guess?) instead of what animals.

i am not quite sure about reptiles. if you decide to place reptiles or lizards in the game, i would give it a wide range of sizes and such since some players may want to play a crocodile.
keep in mind that finding certain horns/teeth/ect could be a little stressful for some players. i highly recommend having things such as teeth, horns, claws, and most natural things an animal can possess accessible during customization.
before anyone wants to correct me, i know equines felines and canines were confirmed, i just put them there for examples.
(hope i made sense!)
This would be nice to have. After all we have so much space on our characters before we can't have anything else on causing some problems for when its time to pick up something, just because we have natural things on.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I Like the booty, bring me the booty.

• Half Moon
  • Butt Of The Forum ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 25, 2014, 02:14:48 AM »

(hope i made sense!)
This would be nice to have. After all we have so much space on our characters before we can't have anything else on causing some problems for when its time to pick up something, just because we have natural things on.

Ha! You Said my name! (IMZ SOZ SPECIALZ!) We need unicorns. Yes. And a lynx.

Spoiler for Hiden:
(CoughCoughTheCatIsMyzCoughCough)

Offline Nokey

• Quarter Moon
  • *Breaths heavily *
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart - BlueTheRulet
« Reply #132 on: November 25, 2014, 02:39:06 AM »

We do need unicorns. - If we d have unicorns maybe they can drop shards? Magical powers of the unicorn must be spread.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I Like the booty, bring me the booty.

Offline OrigamiTale

• Quarter Moon
  • Swimming in a sea of regret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 25, 2014, 12:21:53 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:

I love that signature, Space
Squeak squeak squeakity squeak

my in-game username is MagicPotato.

• Half Moon
  • Butt Of The Forum ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 25, 2014, 08:26:34 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:

I love that signature, Space

Why thank You! And yes, it would be great if unicorns dropped shards. Let the magic spread.