March 28, 2024, 11:01:18 PM

Author Topic: Age restriction  (Read 3172 times)

Offline ...............

• Half Moon
    • View Profile
Age restriction
« on: December 31, 2014, 09:31:14 AM »
Hey all

I was reading the game rules just now and saw there is an age restriction on the game of 13. How strict are you guys on that restriction since I am quite sure that there are players younger than 13 playing lastmoon.

The first time I played lastmoon, I thought damn, I wish I had this game as a kid. Would it be a travesty if I let a friend who is younger than 13 play tue game if I knew they were mature and I supervised their play? Don't have such a friend, just hypothetical.

Thanks for the replies in advance :)

Offline Dutchval

• June & August 2014 MotM
  • That girl who is always has too much on her plate
    • View Profile
Re: Age restriction
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 04:32:05 PM »
Heyo there!
Strictness: Because we are not officially a European Server, we cannot actually enforce this rule, but we would really like it to stay in place. Because even though we cannot enforce the rules, we wouldn't like 5 year olds and such running around our game :L

So as for your friend, I would have to say no, but because I cannot enforce it, I cant really punish you if you bring them onto the game :L

Hope I helped!

Avatar done by Sinprince! Signature done by UltimateCreations!

Offline Zaroque

• DoE Administrator
  • Legendary Moon
    • View Profile
    • dA
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 04:37:50 PM »
We do moderate this rule,
However, exceptions can be made, with your example for instance.

If this person is mature and behaves themselves then yes they are welcome to Last Moon. It would be especially nice if an older player, such as an older and mature sibling or friend, could supervise their play/play with them, even a member of staff would be happy to be with them/befriend them on the condition they follow the rules. However, if this under 13 does not follow the rules then they will be permanently banned.

The rule is there because the majority of 13 year olds cannot behave in a manner that a mature person could in a crowd of people, such as them mucking around in default as we see now, but we cannot obtain substantial proof of them being under 13 unless they say so themselves. Some children under 13 would also find it difficult to respond appropriately to circumstances in-game, such as an item theft without getting upset, and a lot of them skim past the rules we have here on the forum or totally ignore them.

If this person in your example is, like Dutch said, is really young then there is no way they could fit into Last Moon as an appropriate adult and therefore would be banned.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 04:39:55 PM by Zaroque »
~ R E T I R E D ~

FA || art 

"I didn't let my schooling get in the way of my education"
- Mark Twain

Offline ...............

• Half Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 02:13:14 AM »
Thanks, was helpful. :) Will keep this thread in mind if I encounter young players. Will be happy to guide them in keeping to the rules.

Offline Forests

• Lead Texture Artist
  • Developer
  • Forry/Forrie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 11:23:17 AM »
Looks solved, locking. PM me if you need it unlocked.