March 19, 2024, 04:21:33 AM

Author Topic: Connection lost?  (Read 3343 times)

Offline Spades55

• Quarter Moon
  • Tripping over Everything
    • View Profile
Connection lost?
« on: October 11, 2018, 11:48:57 PM »
I seem to be having an issue where I'm in the server and I'm watching my game say multiple times "Connection lost, Reconnecting..." this happening to anyone else? Is there a way to fix this because I'm sure I'm connected to the internet.
тaĸe yoυr тιмe and eхplore

Offline PaperCut

• December MoTM 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Connection lost?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 08:08:33 AM »
Hello, the connection seems to be working just fine for me, have you tried restarting your computer? Let me know if you still have issues with the connection.

If you need in-game assistance, contact an administrator!

Offline Spades55

• Quarter Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 02:06:33 AM »
I have restarted my computer and logged back into the game. Unfortunately, the connecting issue is still occurring..

Offline PaperCut

• December MoTM 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 09:38:29 AM »
This is the only fix I could find, hope this helps, sorry if it doesn't :S
If you've tried running the game as an administrator on your PC, and restarting your computer, and the game. And also have tried updating the game, it might be because of your firewall or anti virus. You may need to edit some features to allow LM to connect, as it could be blocking your connection from the hosts.
Check your connection and make sure your router is working, and allow the game to bypass your Firewall or antivirus if you've been given the option in the past. You can edit the access remotely from your Control Panel. If none of these work, your connection may be unstable or not high enough to connect to the game for long or short periods of time. If however, your connection is sturdy, it may be the server having a bug. Try reinstalling if all else fails.

Edit: Did you also make an account in-game? Forum & game account are not linked, this could also be the cause of your issue.

If the cause if your firewall, uninstall the game, and follow these instructions before reinstalling and then enabling firewall.

-Open Control Panel,
-Select the System and Security link,
-Choose Windows Firewall,
-On the left side of the "Windows Firewall" screen, select Turn Windows Firewall off,
-Select the bubble next to Turn off Windows Firewall.
-Reinstall LastMoon, making sure all files are out of App Data (etc)
-Enable Firewall after installing, and checking your connection attempts.

If you're using window's 8: Go to http://lastmoon.org/forum/discussion-suggestions/new-directx-link-for-windows-8-users/msg11970/#msg11970

If it's another antivirus, download the files from http://itup.myzpyz.nu/update/files , and scan through them till you find what's being blocked, let it run a scan on the files for you and post what comes back. (thanks myz)

If you're having issue's with an AntiVirus Norton: go
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090206180216AAq20wO

The DirectX or Microsoft Visual C++ could also be out of date, update them! Download the two files from the download page and try to run the game if this doesn't work either.
(thanks dutch)

Might be also a version problem, so delete Version.txt and start the game again.

Offline Spades55

• Quarter Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 06:42:53 PM »
It's quite alright. I checked my firewall and that's what seemed to be messing with the connection. Thanks very much for your help, I really appreciate it!

Offline PaperCut

• December MoTM 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 09:39:28 AM »
solved, locking :)