April 25, 2024, 04:09:00 PM

Author Topic: Crashing, somthing new to the daily list.  (Read 5072 times)

Offline CanineCat

• Full Moon
  • freddie is a god
    • View Profile
Crashing, somthing new to the daily list.
« on: June 13, 2016, 09:32:36 PM »
Heya, yet another problem with the game that I will be needing help with. Yah.. I glitch a lot stuff like that. But, lately I have been crashing ALOT. It will say that my internet connection was lost. But when I get off of LM, my internet is perfectly fine. And also, the fourms is a struggle. I had to click on New Topic twice until it brought me here where I type posts. Everything has been laggy on my computer lately, I don't know if it is LM causing it, or my multiple attempts to put FH on my computer. LM is the ONLY thing I have on my laptop, and if anyone can help me here, I would appreciate it. THANKS AND GOODNIGHT!

Update: Some animated sigs are lagging, profile pictures not showing up. And this is only on LM fourms...
woah im back wtf

Offline Tortuga

• June 2016 MotM
  • Full Moon
  • Weeeeeeeeee!
    • View Profile
Re: Crashing, somthing new to the daily list.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 10:09:11 PM »
Hmm.... LM and the forum seems to work fine for me.

Do you remember if you changed or downloaded anything in the past days when this problem started?

Signature done by Ulti!

Offline Dutchval

• June & August 2014 MotM
  • That girl who is always has too much on her plate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 11:59:55 AM »
It sounds like your internet and your computer are holding you back. Make sure you empty your trash can/recycling bin on your computer, and free up some space on your computer. Also, if you have a desktop, try getting an ethernet cable installed, instead of using Wifi. That will guaranteed make your internet go faster rather than using Wifi

Avatar done by Sinprince! Signature done by UltimateCreations!

Offline CanineCat

• Full Moon
  • freddie is a god
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 11:00:49 AM »
It sounds like your internet and your computer are holding you back. Make sure you empty your trash can/recycling bin on your computer, and free up some space on your computer. Also, if you have a desktop, try getting an ethernet cable installed, instead of using Wifi. That will guaranteed make your internet go faster rather than using Wifi

I just emptied recycle bin on my computer, I have a laptop though. I don't know when this started though. Its random, like it will be fine, then crash. I don't know.. I just downloaded utorrent, something for downloading things, and FeralHeart (still banned for NO reason). Maybe one of those could be lagging it? Give me your opinion on this.
woah im back wtf

Offline Dutchval

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 11:21:05 AM »
uTorrent shouldn't be a problem. The torrents you download with it are the only things you should be worried about. FeralHeart shouldn't be a problem either, but it all depends on the computer you have.

About the internet, Most laptops also come with an ethernet port built in, however there are also some who dont as well. If you are constantly on the move with your laptop, then an ethernet cable is not for you. However if you just mostly stay in one place, then it might be something to consider getting.

Example: My Wifi at home is great, and usually peaks around 20 Mb/s (not sure, I havent tested it in a long time). However my desktop is using an ethernet cable, and I've seen my download speed peak to around 200 Mb/s (this one I'm sure of).

Then again, it also can be your location. Like someone living in New York City won't have any issues with their internet connection if they are equipped with the proper router. However someone living in a small town in the middle of no where in Texas, for example (nothing against Texas, just for the sake of obscurity), will have a harder time with their internet speed, if they were to have the same equipment as said person in NYC.

Also if you are crashing, and not just disconnecting, then you should tell us what the crash message specifically says (As in screenshot it). Maybe that will give us a clue to what else is going on.

Offline CanineCat

• Full Moon
  • freddie is a god
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 11:48:19 AM »
Well, I live near NewYork, in New England, CT (Dunt stalk me >:(), and I will get a screenshot when I crash again. My home wifi is kinda good, my moms laptop is fine, though her facebook games crash a lot, she got it fixed and still does it. I have a backup laptop that I got fixed when it died in lag on me. I don't know if that would work, or if its just my internet. My laptop im currently using is very small, its a 13 inch, and not very much space on it either, windows 8. I asked my mom to help, she tried and it is still kinda laggy. I don't know how good my internet is really, but its good enough to keep my on internet, and IT servers.
woah im back wtf

Offline Dutchval

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 05:13:53 PM »
Your location doesn't matter, the point I was trying to make is that if you live far away from others, then it makes a difference.
Your computer's physical size doesn't say anything about its power. Neither does your operating system. I work everyday on a tiny Macbook Air of 11 inches and it does something things better than my old desktop. It even runs LM without a hinch.
You can test your internet speed here: http://www.speedtest.net/
I'll wait on your error message before replying again.

Offline Tortuga

• June 2016 MotM
  • Full Moon
  • Weeeeeeeeee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 05:54:57 PM »
You mentioned that you have downloaded UTorrent.
Are you downloading stuff while you run the game by any chance?

Bittorrents are very much brandwith-hoggers and will make your machine and internet very slow. It is enough that someone in the house starts a download. It will affect you too.

Signature done by Ulti!

Offline CanineCat

• Full Moon
  • freddie is a god
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2016, 06:26:42 PM »
You mentioned that you have downloaded UTorrent.
Are you downloading stuff while you run the game by any chance?

Bittorrents are very much brandwith-hoggers and will make your machine and internet very slow. It is enough that someone in the house starts a download. It will affect you too.

I don't download anything while doing LM, I only do online stuff when downloading. Meaning ive never played LastMoon while downloading anything. If that awenseres your question

Your location doesn't matter, the point I was trying to make is that if you live far away from others, then it makes a difference.
Your computer's physical size doesn't say anything about its power. Neither does your operating system. I work everyday on a tiny Macbook Air of 11 inches and it does something things better than my old desktop. It even runs LM without a hinch.
You can test your internet speed here: http://www.speedtest.net/
I'll wait on your error message before replying again.

Finnally got a screenshot of it, when its in game I cant get it for some reason, also I saw another glitch, I will make a different post to. But here is the screenshot I got, http://sta.sh/026jm66rtg1k

\\EDIT: Merged Posts.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 12:17:06 PM by Dutchval »
woah im back wtf

Offline Dutchval

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2016, 12:19:51 PM »
How many times do I have to tell you? Do NOT multi-post. Instead, edit your previous post.

That's not a crash. That means that your connection is poor and you simply lost connection with the server.
That means there's nothing wrong with your computer, but rather your internet connection. Refer to my previous post to test your network connection quality.