April 19, 2024, 01:07:18 PM

Author Topic: Game wont start  (Read 6567 times)

Offline Catbat

• New Moon
  • "It's raining tacos!"
    • View Profile
Game wont start
« on: June 14, 2017, 06:33:28 AM »
Okay, so today I just downloaded Last Moon. I downloaded everything correctly ad then attempted to open the game multiple times, but it never opened. I have even uninstalled and then reinstalled Last Moon, like before I attempted to open the game but once again, it failed. Is there anything I can do to get this game to work for me? (My laptop brand is an Acer if that would have anything to do with it)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 08:00:59 AM by Catbat »

Offline CloudFish

• Admin
  • cloudfish#8217
    • View Profile
Re: Game wont start
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 12:22:30 PM »
are you getting any errors at all or is it just not launching at all? try right clicking and "running as admin"

Offline Gray

• Full Moon
  • I'm officially gone from last moon, i love you all
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 05:26:09 PM »
I had that happen a few times, you may need to restart your PC or antivirus check because when you download things non-related to LM can get in. (LM is not a virus)  Otherwise you may be opening it with the wrong thing, ex, Winzip is okay, but can be an ass. and what clud said could work.
Bye bye loves....

Offline Makoza

• Quarter Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 03:19:10 AM »
I'm going to reply to this thread seeing as I see no reason to start a new one for the same problem. I can't get the game to start for an unknown reason. The load box will appear when I click on the launcher it says 'Looking for new updates' pops up some text to fast for me to read and exits itself out and never does anything else afterward. I dunno what to do, I've used both the desktop shortcut and the in folder file, but they both just do the same thing... Any ideas as to how to fix this?

Offline CloudFish

• Admin
  • cloudfish#8217
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 03:22:37 AM »
I'm going to reply to this thread seeing as I see no reason to start a new one for the same problem. I can't get the game to start for an unknown reason. The load box will appear when I click on the launcher it says 'Looking for new updates' pops up some text to fast for me to read and exits itself out and never does anything else afterward. I dunno what to do, I've used both the desktop shortcut and the in folder file, but they both just do the same thing... Any ideas as to how to fix this?

open your last moon folder and find the version.txt file. Open it in notepad, change the numbers to 0. exit and save changes. Try launching the game again.

Offline Makoza

• Quarter Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 03:33:19 AM »
Okay, I tried this and still the same thing happened. For the hell of it, I looked in the "Update.txt" file as well and it says this:
"Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 77, in <module>
  File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 126, in urlopen
  File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 400, in open
  File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 418, in _open
  File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 378, in _call_chain
  File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 1207, in http_open
  File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 1177, in do_open
URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it>
"
Any ideas?

Offline CloudFish

• Admin
  • cloudfish#8217
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 03:41:08 AM »
Okay, I tried this and still the same thing happened. For the hell of it, I looked in the "Update.txt" file as well and it says this:
"Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 77, in <module>
  File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 126, in urlopen
  File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 400, in open
  File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 418, in _open
  File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 378, in _call_chain
  File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 1207, in http_open
  File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 1177, in do_open
URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it>
"
Any ideas?

have you tried reinstalling?

Offline Makoza

• Quarter Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 03:46:04 AM »
Not yet, but I'll try and do that now. Btw, thank you for your help, it is much appreciated! ^^ I really want to play this game so trying to figure out what's wrong is something I'd very much like to do.

Offline CloudFish

• Admin
  • cloudfish#8217
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 03:52:44 AM »
Not yet, but I'll try and do that now. Btw, thank you for your help, it is much appreciated! ^^ I really want to play this game so trying to figure out what's wrong is something I'd very much like to do.

not a problem. hope we're able to find your problem. let me know once you have reinstalled the game

Offline Makoza

• Quarter Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2017, 04:41:18 AM »
Okay. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it is still giving me the same message as stated above. I'm not entirely sure what that error means, but from what is said I feel like it seems to be a problem with my computer and not with the game itself... I wonder if there is anything I could change/update to try and see if the problem could be fixed.

Offline CloudFish

• Admin
  • cloudfish#8217
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2017, 04:59:50 AM »
Okay. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it is still giving me the same message as stated above. I'm not entirely sure what that error means, but from what is said I feel like it seems to be a problem with my computer and not with the game itself... I wonder if there is anything I could change/update to try and see if the problem could be fixed.

make sure your firewall is allowing lm through.

Offline Makoza

• Quarter Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2017, 12:03:58 PM »
I've updated my firewall, and added Last Moon to the list of allowed apps, but it's still doing the same thing as before...

Offline CloudFish

• Admin
  • cloudfish#8217
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2017, 08:01:46 PM »
I've updated my firewall, and added Last Moon to the list of allowed apps, but it's still doing the same thing as before...

wired or wireless internet connection?

try deleting the version.txt file completely instead of changing it

Offline Makoza

• Quarter Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2017, 02:18:15 AM »
Wired. I'm fairly certain anyway. XD I can connect to it wirelessly if I want but it's physically connected to my computer if that's what that means. XP I'm a doof, sorry.

And okay. I'll give it a try.

Offline CloudFish

• Admin
  • cloudfish#8217
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2017, 03:49:25 AM »
Wired. I'm fairly certain anyway. XD I can connect to it wirelessly if I want but it's physically connected to my computer if that's what that means. XP I'm a doof, sorry.

And okay. I'll give it a try.

any luck