April 23, 2024, 08:40:09 PM

Author Topic: I can't get the game to "update???" after reinstalling [Solved]  (Read 4063 times)

Offline LunaDash8087LR

• Quarter Moon
    • View Profile
I have had an issue over the past day or so. It all started when I finally had gotten back onto the game after a year of not playing after my old computer broke. Only 8 or so people were on so I decided to work on some of the old quests that I had. I went to underwater world to work on one and encountered the underwater crash glitch. I freaked out, and after trying to open the game about 3 more times I finally decided to reinstall the game. (I should have looked online first because just today I found the solution to the underwater world crash.) When I had started the game it had put me in Default. I thought "Well, I know my old home point was not the default world... and I wouldn't have gone there for any reason... so installing the game must reset that... so if I reinstall the game it'll pull me out of the Underwater World!" So I did so. Now just quick rewind for a second. When I had first opened the game on this new computer it took quite a while to go from the screen that is all code or whatever where it says checking for updates or something like that to the screen that has you choose a subsystem. After I reinstalled it, it didn't do the same thing. Before it had said my game version (after I had gone onto the menu screen) on the top of the window. That had said something like 4.5.7 or something. (I can't quite remember) I assume that the version was the newest one. But when I opened to the title screen it said that the version was 0.3. I tried to restart my game, and my computer a few times before I tried logging into the multiplayer. I entered my username and password, and it froze up on the connecting screen. I had to play around with my monitor and keyboard for a while before I was able to restart the computer. (I don't dare do that again.) I uninstalled the game, uninstalled the setup, and tried again. It was the same. I'm thinking maybe some of the files are still on the computer somewhere? if so should I try to delete them? It would be great if someone could help me out.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 01:51:01 AM by LunaDash8087LR »

Offline LOSER

• Full Moon
  • Nice work, bone daddy.
    • View Profile
    • Oshima
Re: I can't get the game to "update???" after reinstalling
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 08:06:40 PM »
I've never heard of issues like this before but I will help.

Like you said about possible LM files located somewhere, it'll be good to check if so. Also, make sure when you delete anything to empty the trash bin.

May I ask as well which download link you're using? and do you have MSVCR100.dll and DirectX installed? Or at least an updated version of those.

Once done that try installing LM once more, try running it. If it does the same, you can try deleting the Update and Version.exe files. MAKE SURE THE GAME ISN'T RUNNING!

Also if you get any Errors, can you try sending a screenshot?
Helpful Links:
HELP || RULES || FAQ
"Life is for the alive, my dear."

Offline LunaDash8087LR

• Quarter Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 10:02:42 PM »
I've never heard of issues like this before but I will help.

Like you said about possible LM files located somewhere, it'll be good to check if so. Also, make sure when you delete anything to empty the trash bin.

May I ask as well which download link you're using? and do you have MSVCR100.dll and DirectX installed? Or at least an updated version of those.

Once done that try installing LM once more, try running it. If it does the same, you can try deleting the Update and Version.exe files. MAKE SURE THE GAME ISN'T RUNNING!

Also if you get any Errors, can you try sending a screenshot?

Thank you! I'll make sure to try this as soon as possible.

Offline LOSER

• Full Moon
  • Nice work, bone daddy.
    • View Profile
    • Oshima
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 10:13:13 PM »
Your welcome! It is a good chance it'll work, but make sure to msg back if its still becoming an issue!
Helpful Links:
HELP || RULES || FAQ

Offline LunaDash8087LR

• Quarter Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 01:08:17 AM »
I got it to work! I found the local data with the game installed and uninstalled the version text document and the uninstall application. then i started up the game (it didnt work then) and then i reinstalled it and it is now currently preparing the update like it did the first time when it worked. thank you very very much :)

Offline LOSER

• Full Moon
  • Nice work, bone daddy.
    • View Profile
    • Oshima
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 01:11:14 AM »
I got it to work! I found the local data with the game installed and uninstalled the version text document and the uninstall application. then i started up the game (it didnt work then) and then i reinstalled it and it is now currently preparing the update like it did the first time when it worked. thank you very very much :)

Fantastic news! I'm so glad I was of help, and you're welcome! Msg me anytime in-game or via forum if ya need any instant help. I'm always keeping up on the forums! :D
Helpful Links:
HELP || RULES || FAQ

Offline LunaDash8087LR

• Quarter Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 01:12:06 AM »
wait, it stopped working again ; v ;

Offline LOSER

• Full Moon
  • Nice work, bone daddy.
    • View Profile
    • Oshima
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 01:18:42 AM »
Did it have any errors?
Helpful Links:
HELP || RULES || FAQ

Offline LunaDash8087LR

• Quarter Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 01:29:32 AM »
No, it didn't say that it had any. currently I am trying the same thing again, and I think it might have been that I was tabbed put while it updated because as of now it seems to be working or at least working better than it did before. I'll be able to tell if it really worked once the game loads up. (BTW I sent this from my phone so please excuse any spelling or grammar or something)

Offline LunaDash8087LR

• Quarter Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 01:31:33 AM »
SUCCESS!!!  :D I have the multiplayer thing working and I'm going to log in for a while to make sure it is all working. Thanks again

Offline LOSER

• Full Moon
  • Nice work, bone daddy.
    • View Profile
    • Oshima
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2017, 01:40:27 AM »
Ahh yes, it will mess up the update if you tab it sometimes. And if it's working, I can surely say the issue has been solved!

It's all good, as long as I understood its all that matters. :)

YAY!! Aight, check back with me if it works.

Btw, since you're new you must've not known double posting is against the rules, i'm not mini-modding, just letting you know so you don't get in trouble from any staff. :P
Helpful Links:
HELP || RULES || FAQ

Offline LunaDash8087LR

• Quarter Moon
    • View Profile
Re: I can't get the game to "update???" after reinstalling [Solved]
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2017, 01:52:57 AM »
It did work. And thanks for telling me, I'm new to the form, not to the game.

Offline LOSER

• Full Moon
  • Nice work, bone daddy.
    • View Profile
    • Oshima
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2017, 01:55:16 AM »
It did work. And thanks for telling me, I'm new to the form, not to the game.

Thats great! And welcome back than!
Helpful Links:
HELP || RULES || FAQ

Offline LunaDash8087LR

• Quarter Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2017, 01:56:28 AM »
Also really quick... Uh how to delete a post so I dont get in trouble XD

Offline LOSER

• Full Moon
  • Nice work, bone daddy.
    • View Profile
    • Oshima
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2017, 02:04:30 AM »
Also really quick... Uh how to delete a post so I dont get in trouble XD

Oh you'll be fine! But you can message forum staff; Cloudfish, Ulti, Venwolf, etc. if they could delete the post. :)
Helpful Links:
HELP || RULES || FAQ