April 25, 2024, 05:54:46 PM

Author Topic: I don't think gay is considered an inappropriate name  (Read 2729 times)

Offline Midnight176

• Quarter Moon
  • I'm mcfucking back
    • View Profile
    • my gay dA
I don't think gay is considered an inappropriate name
« on: October 15, 2016, 10:57:27 AM »
Ok so I just came across a butthurt kid in PI asking me why I named my character "G A Y" and then I answered "because I can?" and they replied "uhh you do know one of the rules are no inappropriate names". Yes, there is a rule like that but there is NO goddamn way a homosexual name such as "G A Y" is classed as inappropriate. It's just referring to my character being gay because it's pink and it's a male, it's not towards anyone else that's around me. Jfc, you'd think they would also be butthurt if I put "MilkLover" as my character name. ::)

But I just wanna ask and make sure if gay is actually inappropriate?? Because I think not. I've seen one of Sanctum's characters with the name "The Gay Goddess" (which I honestly think that char name is pretty damn unique and cool) and he was doing perfectly fine. So I don't think it is, because if it was, a moderator that was online would've told me to change my char name. I just wanna ask and make sure if it is alright to have a name like that. I am just sick and tired of people on there telling me if something is inappropriate when really, it isn't and asking me why I chose that name. There's nothing wrong with being gay.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 04:09:12 PM by Midnight176 »
https://glasmar.weebly.com/
^ Come join this wonderful IT server, it's like the og IT!

Offline SinPrince

• Full Moon
  • "ur weak bc you eject yourself from drama!!!1"
    • View Profile
    • New Art. Better site.
Re: I don't think gay is considered an inappropriate name
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 06:53:01 PM »
Gay is an adjective which can describe "happy"
[gay apparel]
Or as in to sexuality,
homosexuality.

It isn't innapropriate, and in fact, that person can be blocked easily.

I've once described my character with that "level of faerie gayness" and someone got triggered and eventually left. : ) They said I shouldn't use the word gay to describe a fictional character. Nothing but homophobes and SJWs
i'm probably not coming back
:3c
bc ppl can b sore babies

Offline Vessan

• Developer
  • Shhh, I think they have heard us
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 07:05:00 PM »
Gay, straight, bi, cis, het, homo, trans etc(and so much more) are perfectly okay terms as they are descriptive to your character, they may make some people feel uneasy (including me when used as names, I think they make... stupid names and the words should rather stay in bios as character descriptions.)

In short, it's okay.

I think we all know what names will get you banned.
I am playing star zoo :'v
I died
I WILL BEAT THIS GAME
I take it back
[sobbing]
This game is a nightmare

I rock with DeadlyKight

Offline Venadryl

• Lead 3D Modeler
  • Developer
  • Previously known as Venwolf
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 10:51:57 PM »
Yes, as stated above, gay is not a bad word.

And just for future reference: if you do have a report, please PM it to a mod or admin instead of posting it publicly.

Because this was a question, I'll be fine leaving this here.

Offline Midnight176

• Quarter Moon
  • I'm mcfucking back
    • View Profile
    • my gay dA
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 02:02:26 PM »
Gay is an adjective which can describe "happy"
[gay apparel]
Or as in to sexuality,
homosexuality.

It isn't innapropriate, and in fact, that person can be blocked easily.

I've once described my character with that "level of faerie gayness" and someone got triggered and eventually left. : ) They said I shouldn't use the word gay to describe a fictional character. Nothing but homophobes and SJWs

Lmao wow. They obviously couldn't handle the fact that a character on a game is homosexual... It actually wouldn't surprise me if it was the same person who told me that my name was "inappropriate" yesterday. Their username was "strongclaw47" in case you were wondering. And yeah I did block them. But I usually have to exit the game and then open the "block file" to type in the username because for some reason I'm always crashing in-game when I block someone. It only happens when I type in the command "/block username", the game is perfectly fine if I click on the character and click "block" but usually they're offline when I want to block them, so I have to do it the other way. Idk if the "crashing when blocking someone" can be fixed somehow or not.

Also, thanks Vess and Ven. I figured those kinda names are allowed on LM. People just want to be triggered for some reason, lmao.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 11:09:30 AM by Midnight176 »
https://glasmar.weebly.com/
^ Come join this wonderful IT server, it's like the og IT!