March 28, 2024, 12:21:35 PM

Author Topic: OGRE EXCEPTION  (Read 4351 times)

Offline SnowyWolf12

• New Moon
    • View Profile
    • Last Moon
OGRE EXCEPTION
« on: April 21, 2018, 08:11:35 PM »
Hello!  I recently reset my computer so it naturally deleted LM along with my other things.  I then went back to download LM again and I followed all the steps.  It was going smoothly until I clicked onto the LM on my desktop to let it download.  Half way through it stopped, closed, and gave me an error message about OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException):  I remember having this same problem last time I downloaded LM but some how when I was messing around with it, I got it to download fully.  Sadly I don't remember how I even did it.  It would be awesome if I can get LM to work again, I miss playing it a lot!  Thank you for reading!!

Offline Myz

• Mooo
  • Head Admin
    • View Profile
Re: OGRE EXCEPTION
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 12:57:33 AM »
need the full error

Offline SnowyWolf12

• New Moon
    • View Profile
    • Last Moon
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 02:52:08 AM »
Oh ok sorry I didn't address the full error.  Here's what the error says to me when I try to open up the game

An exception has occured!

OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Could not load dynamic library .\RenderSystem_Direct3D9. System Error:The
specified module could not be found.
in DynLib::load at
C:\kito\git\sources\dependencies\ogre_src_v1-7-4\OgreMain\s
rc\OgreDynLib.cpp (line 91)

If you need a screenshot instead I have one ready to send.  I just can't figure out how to input an image into a post. 

Offline PaperCut

• December MoTM 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 05:32:51 AM »
You might be missing DirectX,have you tried a reinstall?

(I could be wrong, sorry if I am)

If you need in-game assistance, contact an administrator!

Offline Alexis 1123

• Full Moon
  • discord- CodeBlue#6251 (Let me come and save u)
    • View Profile
    • Lastmoon
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 07:11:56 AM »
Sometime it happen to other peoples i does that many times i read all errors i figured out sometime i cant remember. Tnx for reading  :D

Offline SnowyWolf12

• New Moon
    • View Profile
    • Last Moon
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 04:01:36 PM »
Yay thank you PaperCut!!  DirectX fixed it and now I can run the game!  But of course now I have another issue... Every time I go and log in it shows me the connecting screen but it freezes up and doesn't load anything.  I ended up having to restart my computer since task manager wasn't doing anything.  Sorry that i'm having so many issue with LM, I hope i'm not bothering you guys.

Offline Alexis 1123

• Full Moon
    • View Profile
    • Lastmoon
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2018, 06:07:41 PM »
Finally u got it :P

Offline SnowyWolf12

• New Moon
    • View Profile
    • Last Moon
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2018, 08:05:30 PM »
Yeah it's great that we found a solution but i'm still having issues with the game and I still can't play it.  It still freezes up on the connecting screen when I log in and I end up having to restart my computer.  Does anyone have a solution to this?

Offline Alexis 1123

• Full Moon
    • View Profile
    • Lastmoon
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2018, 10:46:22 PM »
Yep i have. it crazy when connection lost

Offline Myz

• Mooo
  • Head Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2018, 11:34:15 PM »
Yeah it's great that we found a solution but i'm still having issues with the game and I still can't play it.  It still freezes up on the connecting screen when I log in and I end up having to restart my computer.  Does anyone have a solution to this?
Sounds like your antivirus/firewall is blocking the connection

Offline SnowyWolf12

• New Moon
    • View Profile
    • Last Moon
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2018, 01:04:58 AM »
I tried to unblock LM on my firewall but it didn't work.  I even tried shutting my firewall and windows security off but it still froze up.  Though I did notice something when I clicked and logged into the game.  I kept the audio on and when I logged in the screen froze up as usual but I heard in the background the dinging sound windows make when an error occurs (sorry I don't know how to describe it).  I tried clicking on the screen but it just kept dinging at me, telling me something was wrong.  I'm not sure if that was my security dinging me (even though I shut it off) or if it was just trying to tell me something else.  Is it possible that I didn't unblock LM?  Do I need to do it a certain way to unblock it?  Also sorry that this post is becoming so long, hopefully we'll resolve this soon.  Thank you for reading this!   

Offline PaperCut

• December MoTM 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2018, 05:51:37 AM »
I tried to unblock LM on my firewall but it didn't work.  I even tried shutting my firewall and windows security off but it still froze up.  Though I did notice something when I clicked and logged into the game.  I kept the audio on and when I logged in the screen froze up as usual but I heard in the background the dinging sound windows make when an error occurs (sorry I don't know how to describe it).  I tried clicking on the screen but it just kept dinging at me, telling me something was wrong.  I'm not sure if that was my security dinging me (even though I shut it off) or if it was just trying to tell me something else.  Is it possible that I didn't unblock LM?  Do I need to do it a certain way to unblock it?  Also sorry that this post is becoming so long, hopefully we'll resolve this soon.  Thank you for reading this!   
If you can get the error message that would help, otherwise I can only recommend these actions if you think it's your firewall or anti virus.

Try deleting your version.txt and force an update.

Try deleting your homepoint.sav file, could be causing a crash.

If you don't think firewall turned off correctly, unblock firewall use these steps:

-Open Control Panel,
-Select the System and Security link,
-Choose Windows Firewall,
-On the left side of the "Windows Firewall" screen, select Turn Windows Firewall off,
-Select the bubble next to Turn off Windows Firewall.
-Reinstall LastMoon, making sure all files are out of App Data (etc)
-Enable Firewall after installing, and checking your connection attempts.

If it's a different antivirus, download the files from http://itup.myzpyz.nu/update/files , and scan through them till you find what's being blocked, let it run a scan on the files for you and post what comes back.

If it's with AntiVirus Norton:
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090206180216AAq20wO

Your computer could also be running out of space, try closing all other programs or checking your PC meets with the capacity to play, close all other programs you may have open even Google.

Try to reinstall, could be a file missing.

Try to run the game as an Administrator on your computer, or restart your PC.

Let me know if these work, otherwise there may be an issue with your PC. It could also be your character bugged, so only a staff member could help you.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 05:54:34 AM by PaperCut »

Offline SnowyWolf12

• New Moon
    • View Profile
    • Last Moon
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2018, 06:21:57 PM »
Yay thank you again PaperCut!!  Deleting the version.txt and forcing an update worked and now I can finally log into and play LM without it freezing!  I can't wait to start playing this game again!!

Offline Gray

• Full Moon
  • I'm officially gone from last moon, i love you all
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2018, 08:49:47 PM »
Wish i could have seen this to help sooner, but good to hear its working. :3
Bye bye loves....

Offline PaperCut

• December MoTM 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2018, 02:04:18 PM »
Issue has been resolved, locked. :) Contact staff, or make a new thread if you need any further assistance.