March 28, 2024, 02:39:12 PM

Author Topic: (Ranting Dub)  (Read 2791 times)

Offline Dub

• Developer
    • View Profile
(Ranting Dub)
« on: July 04, 2015, 06:47:51 PM »
*Paul Revere voice* "The haters are coming!  The haters are coming! "

Okay now I wanna make things clear if any of you feel the same way this particular person does. I like to say I am as humble as I can possibly be. I'm no bigshot, I'm not trying to be anything but myself. I like to make friends. I like to make a lot of them. It's what keeps me coming back to lastmoon every day, and when people like this person (whom I've never spoken to before) says something like this... i can't help but feel guilty of something I never intended to be a "thing". If that makes sense.

Whole point being, get to know me first. Then you can judge me Instead of assuming I'm some egotistical prick.
Thanks you readers.

Offline Lyric

• the real slim shady
  • Full Moon
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: (Ranting Dub)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 06:11:41 AM »
The person who must have said that must have had a rare thing.

Avatar by iMorpheus! Signature by DubstepiC!

Offline Zaroque

• DoE Administrator
  • Legendary Moon
    • View Profile
    • dA
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 02:44:29 PM »
jack black
god of our era

but in all honesty, i definitely had that mentality when i came to IT servers from moving off FH, which this person might well have done. i got totally defensive when i saw anybody with any privilege whatsoever and its only recently after working on games i lost that mentality, so yes, i did judge people whatever their title, be it member of the month to beta to moderator. i pretty much hated people with a fancy name after feralheart, i was just a small kid in a big ocean trying to make me a "thing". but heres a lil message.

grow the fuck up.

it took me way too long to realise what a huge anti-social bigass mistake i was making.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 05:56:24 PM by Zaroque »
~ R E T I R E D ~

FA || art 

"I didn't let my schooling get in the way of my education"
- Mark Twain

Offline Dub

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 03:33:03 PM »
I can only imagine how long ago that must've been o-o
considering you've been admin here due the longest time or so I heard and just kinda figured. LM was my first IT but even back in my noob days I don't think I felt that way about any particular title-wielder, but I did have a strong hate and jealousy towards one player back in his prime time when he was all anyone talked about. Heh. But i hated the guy for his smug attitude anyway. So I didn't feel to bad about that xD

Offline Zaroque

• DoE Administrator
  • Legendary Moon
    • View Profile
    • dA
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 06:07:42 PM »
heh, well it might've started due to the fact i started playing feralheart when i was very young, and before that i was on wolfquest which i felt had an infinitely worse staff team, so my mentality had been nurtured since i was 9! it would have been extremely difficult for me to lose that mind-zone if i hadn't stepped in those, often very sensitive, staff shoes for these past 2/3 years and come to terms with "yea its been a long day, no wonder they used that bored kind of careless tone they did a lot", "why do they talk to me like that and not anyone else?"

like you said, its so important not to judge oober quickly which i liked to do, and to be honest, still tend to. its actually nice to get to know a person and why they talk like they do. i talk like this because i'm relaxed, not nasty or bored (took me 5 years to learn that)!

~ R E T I R E D ~

FA || art 

"I didn't let my schooling get in the way of my education"
- Mark Twain