March 29, 2024, 07:46:03 AM

Author Topic: Antivirus suggestion thread  (Read 4280 times)

Offline Dutchval

• June & August 2014 MotM
  • That girl who is always has too much on her plate
    • View Profile
Antivirus suggestion thread
« on: November 21, 2014, 10:49:17 AM »
Hello there!

I wanted to make a thread where I (And you guy too) can suggest antivirus programs to users, because I (And probably all of you guys too) have seen so many Game Help Threads stating/ relating that they have issues with their antivirus and cannot update/download/play the game!
Post here if you have a good antivirus program that runs perfectly well, does not block Last Moon, and keeps your computer squeaky clean of viruses and such!

Personally, for my large desktop computer, I use two programs: Microsoft Security Essentials, and a less known program, AdwCleaner. Microsoft Security Essentials if great at keeping most viruses away, and does it job perfectly, even running in the background and doing its own scans on a schedule you can plan yourself, wether it be daily, weekly, monthly..... yearly(Not recommended though xD)! And it even allows you to set the max CPU limit it can use whilst scanning in the background. AdwCleaner, is a bit more finicky though. AdwCleaner finds all the little things that Microsoft Security Essentials (Without intention) Skipped over. It took me a while before getting this program, out of the common fear that it is a malware program itself. But after multiple review sites, and reading up on it, I tried it out and downloaded, and it surprisingly enough found stuff that I didn't even think would be in my computer! Funny how those little things squirm in right under our nose, Eh? But yes, it works beautifully, first scanning your computer, and then fully removing them from your computer, after a quick restart of your computer. The only downside, is that it is not like Microsoft Security Essentials, and it does not run automatically on your computer. So you will manually, every month or few months, go in, do a quick scan on AdwCleaner, and do a clean up. The thing that makes these two programs the best ever, is that they are everything but invasive. You will never even notice that they are there, because they always run in the background (Minus AdwCleaner, of course!). So you will never see a thing, unless Microsoft Security Essentials finds a virus or something.

So yes, These two have been on all of my computers, I've even put them on all of my family computers, and all computers couldn't possibly run any faster, or be any cleaner!

Too Long; Didn't Read: I use Microsoft Security Essentials and AdwCleaner. Literally the best two programs I could find right now. MSE is Automatic, and runs in the background of your computer. AdwCleaner may seem suspicious, but I've been using it and it's worked better than most official programs that you could buy. AdwCleaner is not Automatic, and you need to run the program every once in a while to clear out what MSE missed.

Avatar done by Sinprince! Signature done by UltimateCreations!

Offline Owl

• New Moon
    • View Profile
Re: Antivirus suggestion thread
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 05:03:17 AM »
I'm using Glary Utilities It's amazingly fast and does a lot of stuff.

We stopped looking for monsters under our beds, when we realized. They're inside of us.

Offline Abomine

• September 2014 MoTM
  • Full Moon
  • Just your friendly neighborhood deer-goblin. :)
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 11:36:03 PM »
Like you, I use Microsoft Security Essentials. For malware, I use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Both are free and work perfectly well for me.

The hills are aliiiiiiive with the sound of uzis...

Offline Lyric

• the real slim shady
  • Full Moon
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 03:30:36 PM »
I use Adwear on my computer and it's super helpful. Every time my computer starts to get laggy or I download something I run it and it's so much better. So to anyone reading I recommend that one.
kthanksbye

Avatar by iMorpheus! Signature by DubstepiC!