March 28, 2024, 09:48:53 AM

Author Topic: Favorite Movie/TV Shows  (Read 2087 times)

Offline Husky

• Cobcat
  • Remember your constants
    • View Profile
Favorite Movie/TV Shows
« on: January 04, 2015, 01:16:27 AM »
Let's admit it; we've all got one whether you enjoy TV or not.
Besides, I'm in desperate need of more tv shows or movies until my art block shoves off. So why not ask y'all? Just give a general genre so people can get the feel of what kind of movie it is and the title. Feel free to talk about them or give mini plot descriptions as well.~

Favorite TV Shows

Life Unexpected

Genre: Drama/Teen Drama/Family Drama

Description: After 15 years of being with different families in the foster-care system, Lux decides to try and get emancipated. She encounters her birth father, bar owner Nate "Baze" Bazile, living like an aging frat boy with two slacker roommates. He is stunned to learn that he has a teenage daughter and introduces Lux to her mother, radio personality Cate Cassidy, who is sad to learn her daughter has grown up in foster care but thrilled to meet and get to know the girl. She has plenty of opportunity to get acquainted when the judge decides Lux isn't ready to be emancipated and grants temporary custody to her birth parents.

I cannot tell you how much I love this show LOL. It's a shame it only got two seasons before they ran out of money and had to cancel it.

The Fosters

Genre: Drama/Family Drama/Teen Drama/Romance

Description: The series follows the lives of the titular Foster family, consisting of an interracial lesbian couple raising a blended family of biological, adopted and foster children

Yeah, okay, there may or may not be a trend seen here LOL.

Favorite Movies

I'll have to get back to you on this one, since I have a hard time picking out a select few.
Now onto your favorites! They don't have to be actual people acting in them, it could be an anime series, soap opera, or cartoon show as well.~
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 01:19:08 AM by Husky »

Offline Haruki

• Your friendly neighborhood mofo
  • Full Moon
  • Don't be such a haur.
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Movie/TV Shows
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 08:42:57 PM »

Dexter follows an adopted (there you go, husk) brother/sister pair that have gone on to become vital parts of the Miami Metro police department. Dexter is known as the "blood guy" and analyzes blood spatter patterns to help detectives find the culprits of crimes-- Except he has a secret. He himself is a sociopath, struggling to form meaningful relationships and understand his condition and his "urges" to kill other people. So when the justice system fails to incarcerate the bad guys, he goes in and makes them "disappear". Had eight seasons and I loved every one of them.

Game of Thrones. There's honestly no way I can describe this because there is SO MUCH and so many damn stories within the story and it's this fantastical land with dragons and night-walkers and giants and some scary-ass fire women and you name it. If you haven't started this, you're behind the curve.