April 24, 2024, 01:39:01 AM

Author Topic: Souvenirs & Collections  (Read 8078 times)

Offline RakshaWw

• Head Admin
    • View Profile
Souvenirs & Collections
« on: June 19, 2014, 04:39:34 PM »
Have you ever seen a movie/show that you love so much, you wanted everything possible related to it?

When the first Twilight movie came out, I got the books and spent days straight reading all of them. Then when my 16th birthday come, everyone gave me Twilight stuff. My room was covered in posters, photos, toys, puzzles, clocks, jewelry, etc.
That's not the case anymore, once the last movie was released I took everything down and shoved it in the back room XD I had this rare signed photo by the cast thing was a certified copy number 21/50 world wide. I sold that for $250 :P originally got it for $50 tho trololol

Then after that I got into My Little Pony. Once all the hype first started about MLP, I thought everyone who liked it where being complete idiots. A friend made me watch the first episode and then afterwards I ended up watching them all lol
I had collected all of the figurines that I could find in stores. About this time last year is when I sold it all because I realized having a little girls collection of plastic toys being on display in my room was kinda weird for a 18/19 year old. What was even more weird is that I also commissioned a plush maker to make my pony OC which was $160... I should of used that money to get a plush of my wolf OC!
I still watch MLP when new episodes come out but I no longer do art or anything anymore lol

Now I watch TV shows like The Walking Dead, Switched At Birth, Teen Wolf etc etc but I stop myself from buying everything I see with their pictures on it haha

Anyone else ever collected stuff like this?

Offline CloudFish

• Admin
  • cloudfish#8217
    • View Profile
Re: Souvenirs & Collections
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 06:14:03 PM »
no you're the only one nuts enough to do this.

tho really, the only thing i could possibly relate to is pokemon on a lesser scale. i had to have all the cards and all the games as a kid. but things pass and i still enjoy it but it never reached such an intense scale to be called a collection.

Offline Husky

• Cobcat
  • Remember your constants
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 08:02:04 PM »
Oh lord Rak LOL.
I've never fangirl'd that hard over anything, though, when I was a kid, I also had to have all of the Pokémon cards and games, much like many of us. I actually might still have them somewhere around here. XD

Offline Aɴᴄᴀ

• Half Moon
  • I'm here for the food.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 08:07:15 PM »
WELL...

When I was like... Idk, 3 I think, I was  obsessed with MLP (I kinda still am lmfao) I saw all the generations, but honestly liked the first and the last one most. Then I started collecting MLP characters, and other stuff like that
Then me and my friend irl saw Littlest Pet Shop and started collecting those. I got around 25 lawl. Then started watching the episodes and stuff.
And yea... Im uber obsessed with StarWars and will always be. XD I started watching it since I was... Idk 2 or 3. Then my little brothers arrived and they got obsessed with it too lmfao.
When I was 11, me and my family moved in Germany, then saw that they had thousand of SW products and stuff. Aka SW Heaven for me and my brothers LOL.
I also watched Attack on Titan, Noragami, Pokemon and Sailor Moon which are my favourite animes. Sadly there arent any products of them in Germany sob.

Offline FaintSilhouette

• March 2014 MoTM
  • Full Moon
  • Thank you Husky275 for the drawing of May! ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 02:06:39 AM »
I still have a play-doh bucket full of figurines from 101 Dalmatians and 102 Dalmatians, and one pikachu figurine. Some were gifts from relatives, some were from friends, spme were bought, and some came straight out of McDonalds. I'm not sure how or why they ended up kept this long but now I pull them out for my nephews to play with now and again.

Lanetic, Rune, and Tiberius drawn by Bazookaneon

Offline Temporal

• Quarter Moon
  • chainman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 02:46:20 AM »
You're most definitely not the only one to do this oh boy.
I don't normally collect things but when I do you know I absolutely adore said things.

Like quite a few of you who are or have been into Pokémon I collected a reasonable amount of its merchandise when I was younger, ranging from handbooks to plush toys-- and although I've been able to find most of the games, the /cards/. Oh, the cards. If I had the patience to count them all I'd end up with a thousand or so, if not more.

I feel it'll end up that way with the anime/manga Pandora Hearts, too. Although I don't really have many products at this point in time, even after I finish catching up with the manga online I'll probably purchase all of the manga novels at the bookstore and scour the web for additional merchandise because mhm yes I really do love it that much.
My deviantART profile

"You are not alone."

Offline Nations

• Half Moon
  • also known as Oxy
    • View Profile
    • deviantart
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 03:41:49 AM »
WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BRING THAT UP.
I used to be obsessed with Dragon Ball Z. I watched all the episodes of all the seasons, tried to find something close to and orange jumpsuit and ran around with it on, screaming, "I'M GOKU!" I got all the games and figurines of any character, though I fell in love with Vegeta. I screamed when it came on then flung myself at the couch--at my dad-- and recorded it. I tried to Kame-Kame-Ha a lot and teleport, then punched my sister when she came along.

I'm not allowed DBZ anymore.

Offline Zaroque

• DoE Administrator
  • Legendary Moon
    • View Profile
    • dA
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 12:46:27 PM »
LOL Oxy

sha you a really weird
twilight are you kidding me
~ R E T I R E D ~

FA || art 

"I didn't let my schooling get in the way of my education"
- Mark Twain

Offline StormWolf

• New Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 02:22:06 PM »
minecraft is a big one for me

Offline Eternal-Lyric

• New Moon
  • Memories Fade Into Silence ...
    • View Profile
    • Forest Of Eternity
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 03:50:17 AM »
Gahhh I'm addicted to WAY too many things personally.

When I was young, I wanted only Wishbone / Pound Puppies stuff. I used to steal my sisters pound puppy stuffed animals and put them in my toy box which was their "kennel".

Probably as a teenager I was addicted more to Disney, and particular Oliver and Company, and Lady and the Tramp 2.

Now that I'm an adult I'm pretty addicted to Xena Warrior Princes and random shows on netflix / tv.

Offline Ganja-Shark

• Quarter Moon
  • Franziska von Stoned
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 01:42:39 PM »
i do this stuff with dragons. any dragons.

i'm mad about dragon figurines

drugs, girls and rock 'n roll

Offline RakshaWw

• Head Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2014, 07:22:30 AM »

My new collection, $162 all together but so worth it they're so kyooooot.

I couldn't find them for sale anywhere else but EB Games which only ships to Australia... Ebay only had some of them and only for auction. If you find them anywhere that ships worldwide let me know cuz people have been asking me for 'em. The set is called 'Pokemon X & Y Eevee Evolution 20cm Plushies'

Vaporeon
Flareon
Sylveon
Eevee
Umbreon
Espeon
Glaceon
Leafeon
Jolteon

« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 07:57:17 AM by RakshaWw »

Offline Sempiternal

• New Moon
  • ._. Ayooo Papi, You as spicy as my taco.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2014, 07:36:03 AM »
BANDS.

But mostly Bring Me The Horzion..
OH MY LAWDIE
I love that band.. I went to every concert since Ive known them..
 Have my room covered in posters and bought every CD….
I need a lifeeee

Offline Manapotion

• Half Moon
  • "We're scary, very very scary!" - Maitlands
    • View Profile
    • LastMoon
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2014, 12:55:33 PM »
I never ''Collected'' something only when i really Wanted to have it, Like my 2 Dragon Statue's ^-^