March 28, 2024, 10:47:46 AM

Author Topic: ☯ Iᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ᴍʏ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ, I'ᴍ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ☯  (Read 2424 times)

Offline Venadryl

• Lead 3D Modeler
  • Developer
  • Previously known as Venwolf
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
inspired by the Passion Pit song, It's Not My Fault, I'm Happy

☯ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏɴᴇ☯

You never can tell the future, really. I mean, as I saw that crooked old man pull that belt out of the drawer, I wasn't quite sure what was becoming of me. That twisted fossil tied me up to his gnarled, dusty rocking chair. I yelped, trying to pull away. But it was no use.

He took the belt and slapped it hard against my short pelt. I howled in agony, retaliating back with a snarl. I tried to squeeze my jaws against his wrinkled leg, but that crippled ancient kept drubbing the belt, back and forth, back and forth. I screamed, my own bark becoming scratchy and cracked. I slumped over, next to the leg of the chair.

But now, times are much different. I escaped from that man long ago, not long after he beat me so hard I bled. I don't really know why he did all that to me. I wasn't a bad dog, actually. I peed on his dusty floorboards once, as a puppy. I guess that elder just needed to let his anger out on something.

I saw him drink alcohol often; he would swig down some Coors Light whenever he had the chance. When the old man was sober, I would swing around for some food. But usually, he only gave me the tiniest and most pitiful scraps he could find. All of my rib cage bones showed through my tough pelt back then.

He even took drugs. I could smell the cocaine, the weed, the marijuana. I would bawl on the floor whenever he got too close with a cigarette. I guess I didn't like the smell.

But I have since then, escaped. On an icy, freezing, night, I snuck out of the little shack that bastard lived in and fled for my life. I could hear his raspy, ugly voice screaming, "Get back here, you mangled mutt!" But I ignored those calls and burst ahead.

I moved across many lands, occasionally greeting a friendly human who would toss me the occasional snack and give me temporary residence.

I eventually saw a land where no humans existed, for the most part. It was known as Last Moon to locals, I guess. The Last place for us creatures to see the Moon in peace. I did not talk to anyone, with the fear they wouldn't understand me and my past. There was other animals like me, the outsiders. The ones who stayed out of everyone's business and liked it that way. I don't think it's fair; that the outsiders don't have a chance. They just go on with their lives, without anyone ever being loved by anyone.

Like me.

(wip)

Offline Venadryl

• Lead 3D Modeler
  • Developer
  • Previously known as Venwolf
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
Re: ☯ Iᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ᴍʏ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ, I'ᴍ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ☯
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 02:02:24 AM »
(part two wip)