April 18, 2024, 07:23:51 AM

Author Topic: Slam Poetry about Humans  (Read 2413 times)

Offline Lyric

• the real slim shady
  • Full Moon
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Slam Poetry about Humans
« on: December 18, 2014, 03:37:32 PM »
So basically
For my English class we had to read the book "Lord of the Flies" by William Golding.
In my opinion the book was pretty stupid but I had a great message.
It's pretty much about boy that crash on an island during WWI, and they're like 12 and under and there's no adults so they have to survive on their own.
Long story short, it's about the evil that comes within us; like we're our only fear.

So I had to write a six paragraph essay over this thing and for one of the paragraphs I got to put my own thoughts on the theme. So mine kinda ended up like hella slam poetry

So here:
After all of these statements, it’s amazing how this book just points out some of the major flaws our real life has. It’s simply disgusting how people in the real world just throw others into dark stages because they themselves aren't able to stay happy with the words beckoning in their mind. The human race just doesn't know when to stop, it’s like our brains are wired to just ignore the fact that we’re all the same species, and no one is better than anyone. One day we will slowly start to take over ourselves in a world known for being cruel, because we don’t know how to keep their negative thoughts to themselves. It’s a never ending story of tripping over ourselves over and over again. The immaturity of most the population is needed to be taught that sometimes being “drug free” has less to do with addiction and more to do with sanity. No one will ever understand that working together is an actual way to save ourselves and keep our hearts alive in a place that leaves us all struggling to survive. Human nature is just a species that hates itself and wants to tear itself apart, and it’s actually really depressing.

If you couldn't tell I'm a person who's like really into deep thinking and i'm like a lot more mature I guess.

So, thanks.
Stay Cozy.
Peaceskis.

Avatar by iMorpheus! Signature by DubstepiC!