March 28, 2024, 11:51:42 AM

Author Topic: Smilodon-243166 (Short Story)  (Read 3193 times)

Offline Emubird1

• Quarter Moon
  • https://postimg.org/image/unjaw2ysd/
    • View Profile
Smilodon-243166 (Short Story)
« on: April 09, 2016, 06:50:06 PM »

Trigger Warning: Animal abuse, cursing, blood, undernurishment

(Sorry for any misspelling, I tried my best to find them :3)

"The ones above declare him the devil, while my brothers and sisters see him as the champion, but I find a different label within the man. The man who has been broken and shattered for years, his own demise woven by his own fingers. I deemed him father years ago, as he had blessed me with the intelligence of not only speech, emotions, but with a chemical that has turned all barriers to dust. In my mind I've identified the barriers, and I have put them to rest for years. Barriers such as primitive impulses, hatred, hunger, self pity.

"My hunger is but a mere ache, for it is no longer a rein that yanks upon my mind. Upon a time I felt the need to release my rage and frustration, but after all the screaming and yelling, I have concluded that it was all useless. The mind has always been blocked by itself, and comprehending itself would've been insanity. So I allowed it to fade, along with several other barriers. I quickly learnt as a cub about self pity, and how it pained me to lay upon the cold cell. When my bones would snap I could not twist my body to curl, the wall proved to be the one who warmed me. These days I'd weep, turning the incident in my mind. But after so long with such little use, self pity was deemed another wall to my purity.  With my intellect I've vanquished what is trivial, all but one single barrier that gnaws at my ankles just as chains and ropes have. Fear in itself can be overruled, as my mind has multiplied cell after cell to sharpen my focus to a thin point to do so. However, this does not allow me to diminish it. Throughout my three years I have made little progress to snuff fear from my mind, yet my primitive impulses hold me back from true meditation.", the words were uttered upon the black lips of the test subject. Deep within his throat the words hummed, dragging raggedly from his neglected body. Beaten, starved, and coated in grim the feline lay in the dark cell, doing no more but speaking to the ears that his words could reach.

His spotted coat frayed outward from the leakage, sticking up in clumped areas where blood had dried and stuck the hairs together. Under the coat hung bones and muscle, barely any fat clinging to the frail body of Smilodon-243166. The ribs pressed and pulled out his chest, each deep inhale exposing the front of the rib cage. Connecting to the rib cage, tall bumps ran along the middle of the over-sized smilodon's back, where each vertebrae was accented by sinking skin and fur. Overall his frame was thin and brittle, lacking and large percentage of his original weight that he had grown into from his adolescent years. Although the feline was undernourished, the five ton creature still managed to move around thanks to the doc.

Smilodon lay at the foot of the electric platinum-alloy bared door, his tired amber gaze idly studying the ring in the middle of the basement. Still covered in blood from the death of the last fight, the padded raised mat stood as a reminder for all of the subjects. All fifteen could be killed, all fifteen could be humiliated, and all fifteen were just play toys for the dark haired man. Subject 243166 understood the fragile mind of the doctor, along with the high probability of him essentially snapping one day. The thoughts swirled in is head and he turned them over, searching for bits and pieces that showed the slightest glimmer of passion.

"Father, creator", he mumbled as his vision focused on the rolling electric pulses of the bars, "Maker, designer, prime mover." His sharp amber eyes clouded up, tears running slickly against his dingy and matted fur. "Why do you hold no mercy within your heart.....whom made you like this?", the smilodon's voice shook. With unsheathed claws he drug them across the thick stone floor, an inch of rock pulled up from the four trenches. Nothing Smilodon had ever felt before; self pity, anger, fear, or hunger could overrule his current state. For once in the subjects short lifetime, he experienced confusion and remorse.

His ramblings were cut short by the slide of the elevator doors, announcing the appearance of the doctor. Smilodon bit into his lip, drawing blood with his sharp fangs as he heard the sound. The ungodly clicking of the rusting steel-tipped boots, with each step came the clop and clip of the metal. Crying out at the horrid sound, Smilodon-243166 reached up and crashed his large paws onto his ears to block out the sound. 'His feet sound like hooves', 'those eyes are not mortal', 'his skin is grey like a corpses', 'he has fangs and claws made of metal'. The murmurs rang in his skull, bouncing and rolling like pool balls against his cranium as the clicking neared his cage.

Thankfully the sound stopped, replaced with the quick beep of the code next to the door and a deep growl. "Nnhgg.....", the doctor snarled as the door was shut off and opened. Smilodon lifted his shaking head to gaze at his maker, his thick neck failing to keep his head from quivering. The man was only 5'10", allowing the subject to tower clear over the man. However, his appearance was bleak as ever. Subject-4554 had often speculated that the man was like a hallowed log that had long since dried away and rotted; his skin was pale as a ghosts and graying, his hair was always unkempt along with a full messy beard, and his intense blue eyes appeared to glow against the charcoal-dark bags under them. Parting his lips, the middle aged man spoke with a slightly slurred tone, "Screaming, ranting, weeping. That is all you do, nothing but a whole lot of philosophy bullshit!", he yelled at the large cat. "Up there I hear screams of bloody murder, shrieks harsh enough to blow out an eardrum. And then, I come down to the basement for some peace. While your demented brothers and sisters stare at their bloodshot eyes in the mirror, waiting for the next blood, you preach about your knowledge!", the man kept scolding the test subject as he entered the cage.

Smilodon got up, towering eight feet tall up to the ceiling of the enclosure. Dwarfing the man in size, weight, and weapons most would've overtaken the man. However, all except the new subjects gradually discovered the abilities of the human doctor, along with what he had done and could do again. Smilodon was no different from all the others, although he had witnessed much more gruesome scenes; the lower jaw ripping from one of his sisters, the mutilation of his brother's face, the forced removal of all of Subject-4554's teeth and claws, and how the doctor had beaten many more of his siblings to death.

"Doctor Galleo please, listen to reason in your drunken estate!", the subject pleaded to the man with his ears folded back against his head. "You gave me this intelligence, you named me for your achievement! And yet, yet you still act as if I should never use it or explore it. Every waking minute I think about what you do and how insensible it is, and how redundant the torture of innocent creatures has become. You do not seek to cure illness, nor to improve the overall health of a species, you--you create monsters for your own selfish amusement!", Smilodon panted as he finished his speech. With his heart pounding and forcing blood to rush, he huffed like he had just ran a mile.

Galleo narrowed his eyes, strutting over before he tangled his fingers into the neck fur of Smilodon-243166. Clutching the hairs in a fist, he used his muscular arm to yank the subject forward. Without complaint the subject allowed himself to be pulled down, meeting the doctor eye to eye. "Do I do all of what you said? Yes. Is it a horrid thing to do, worthy of an immense punishment? Yes. However, do you think for even one second, that I'm going to stop?", he hissed at the subjected as he leaned in, "No...." The man broke away from the creature, shoving him backwards before exiting the cage.

Smilodon watched as Galleo turned and started for the code pad, reaching out to press the numbers. But something happened within the small moments, something stirred and slipped from his mind. Only four seconds went by between the over-sized smilodon darting from the cage, lashing out to rake off thick layers of Galleo's back, and sending the doctor and his AK47 flat onto the floor. Galleo's gun slid over to the wall, clunking as it hit the bricks. The white lab coats remains were torn from Smilodon-243166's claws, the feline making his way over to the man with a hunched posture. Galleo's torn up back excited the subject, as he smiled through his long fangs at the blood seeping from the grey shirt. Rearing up for a moment, Smilodon-243166 brought down all his weight on Galleo's left shoulder just as he began to sit up. With a pleasurable crunch, the doctor screamed and howled out as his shoulder was shattered.

"I want to you cry! To plead just as you have made us do!", Smilodon bellowed at the man as he swatted him around, his long claws catching a taring at the doc's body. After a few more bats the doc got up, forcefully stomping down on the paw of Smilodon before he grabbed a claw. Taking it tightly in his hands, Galleo twisted and snapped the claw from it's sheath. Blood followed from the wound, the subject hissing and mewling at the intense pain. With the nerves torn, his paw toe hummed and became numb for a moment.

Boiling with rage and hatred, Smilodon charged Galleo and swung a carefully placed paw at his knees. Once they buckled and snapped straight, Smilodon-243166 struck out with his other paw before he sent Dr. Galleo into the grey brick wall. Galleo hit the wall and his cranium clacked into the hard brick, flashing stars in his vision as the world melted sideways. With the doctor subdued in his current state, Smilodon strolled over to Gallow before he opened up his jaws and lowered his head. Tensing his jaw muscles, Smilodon snapped his jaws close and awaited the soft squish and cracking of Galleo's head.

A few moments go by and Smilodon finally notices that his jaws had not met their mark, and were instead barred off by Galleo's arm. The man had forcefully jammed his arm into the back of Smilodon-243166's jaws, his blood seeping into the feline's throat and down his chin. Smilodon-243166's eyes flicked to Galleo, bewildered by how quickly he had moved. He watched the man for a few seconds, a few seconds too late before he was met with the dark barrel of the gun. Pulling away and opening his jaws wide, Smilodon-243166 frantically tried to make the killing blow. With the subject's jaws wide open, Galleo smirked, aimed, and pulled the trigger into the upper part of his mouth.

The bullet dug into Smilodon's mouth, flying through his muscle, bone, and eventually shot through it brain and out the back of his head. In his eyes the world blurred together, light growing soft as the world around him became white noise. With a thud, the subject hit the ground and laid in his own blood. The crimson pool got larger, and as it did the grin on Galleo's face widened. Dr. Galleo struggled to get up, limping over to the elevator with his sprained legs and his concussion. Covered in blood head-to-toe, he shuffled past the other cages of the subjects.

Just as he had told Smilodon-243166, they were all sitting or laying down at their mirrors, staring at their bloodshot eyes that had lacked sleep for months. Some murmured to themselves, while others stayed silent in thought, images and instances swirling in  their broken minds. None took note of their brother who had died, for they had given up compassion a long time ago. So the creatures stayed huddled up, only peering out of their cage to gaze upon the corpse of their brother, a few watching the blood pool up as it flowed from his body.

Everything went back as it had ever been for those three years; Galleo healed himself with advanced care, graphing skin over the areas where it was stripped, and injecting cell medicine into his veins to quicken the healing. The subjects were quite for a while, not screaming or attempting to flee and kill the doctor. They watched the man function as he had ever done, pained by how un-phased the doctor was. There were whispers in the night, discussing the death of the most intelligent subject.

Dr. Galleo carried on with his life, still testing upon the animals to see what he could turn them into. The old subjects were released or killed, serving no use for the doctor. They were seen as unfit and much to dangerous for the doc, and so the operation was pulled. All of Smilodon-243166 was destroyed, all but the brain that contained the powerful chemical that had allowed him to advance past all the other subjects. With the chemical extracted, it was placed within a silver needle and hidden away in a small box in the empty basement, awaiting the day where it will be used once more.

Offline Luminescent

• Half Moon
  • yeet
    • View Profile
Re: Smilodon-243166 (Short Story)
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 06:18:53 PM »
Very interesting and well crafted story Emu! Nice.  :)