March 28, 2024, 10:27:22 PM

Author Topic: Art theft..  (Read 4070 times)

Offline underlander

• Quarter Moon
    • View Profile
    • My Devianart:
Art theft..
« on: June 04, 2016, 06:01:35 PM »
So  my "friend"  I found out has been stealing my art since 2014 (MY OLD ART) I never knew about it until a few days ago when a good friend of mine found her DA account.
She has claimed MY FURSONA Bloodpelt as her own, and a lot of my torchclan characters. Also stealing art and characters from my story Shadow Valley and Canyonclan.
If you guys could PLEASE report her that would help a lot.. im honestly so hurt I was used for my art..
Heres her DA: http://wolfspirit1437.deviantart.com/gallery/
I want this account gone.. thank you.

Offline SinPrince

• Full Moon
  • "ur weak bc you eject yourself from drama!!!1"
    • View Profile
    • New Art. Better site.
Re: Art theft..
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 07:09:45 PM »
Instead of posting publicly, on a different website, please do inform DA instead. If you still have that old art, then you can report them officially to the admins.

Don't know if they'll really pay attention.
i'm probably not coming back
:3c
bc ppl can b sore babies

Offline Tortuga

• June 2016 MotM
  • Full Moon
  • Weeeeeeeeee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 07:50:53 PM »
I actually think it isnt bad to spread awareness and ask for help, to reach out to more people than who might see it on their profile. One can choose to report it as well to get the dA admins to respond sooner. That site usually doesnt care about stolen work as long as there are not enough reports.

Sadly...

There is so much art theft there that I cant even...

Signature done by Ulti!

Offline Venadryl

• Lead 3D Modeler
  • Developer
  • Previously known as Venwolf
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 08:14:04 PM »
I agree with Tortuga on this.

Art theft is a crime punishable by law, and I suppose that spreading awareness of the situation can help get the stolen art back into it's rightful owners hands.
I myself look out for it as much as I can.

Best of luck with the dA admins and getting the stolen stuff taken down!

Offline SinPrince

• Full Moon
  • "ur weak bc you eject yourself from drama!!!1"
    • View Profile
    • New Art. Better site.
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 10:07:42 PM »
I actually think it isnt bad to spread awareness and ask for help, to reach out to more people than who might see it on their profile. One can choose to report it as well to get the dA admins to respond sooner. That site usually doesnt care about stolen work as long as there are not enough reports.

Sadly...

There is so much art theft there that I cant even...

The problem is that, if this person sees that this thread has been made, and is aware, they can get everyone who has a link to their DA in trouble, because it is considered bullying if there's suddenly lots of activity and rude messages.  That's the deviantart way, stolen art is only stolen if its physical, and as long as someone is rude to you, they get banned and you can get away clean. Thats why it just isn't safe to post something big like this to the public. But, hey, it's none of my business.
i'm probably not coming back
:3c
bc ppl can b sore babies

Offline CanineCat

• Full Moon
  • freddie is a god
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 10:32:15 PM »
I just sent her a note on dA, telling her to delete all your work on her account. Hopefully she listens to me,
woah im back wtf

Offline Aetherna

• July 2016 MoTM
  • Full Moon
  • ~The original potato queen~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 11:25:43 PM »
Come on, more art theft?! Will people ever learn to not steal other's art?! I mean, 'cause seriously, I suppose art thieves know they can get in trouble if they steal art, but they don't seem to care at all. And yes, art theft is punishable, and it should be punished as soon as possible, but the dA admins don't mind it until the art thief is reported so many times.

Good luck taking down that art thief and his stolen stuff!

Offline Tortuga

• June 2016 MotM
  • Full Moon
  • Weeeeeeeeee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 08:12:27 AM »

The problem is that, if this person sees that this thread has been made, and is aware, they can get everyone who has a link to their DA in trouble, because it is considered bullying if there's suddenly lots of activity and rude messages.  That's the deviantart way, stolen art is only stolen if its physical, and as long as someone is rude to you, they get banned and you can get away clean. Thats why it just isn't safe to post something big like this to the public. But, hey, it's none of my business.

I have looked and there are not too rude messages, only those that tell them that they stole art and rightfully demand it all taken down. In my book, that is not bullying. I would call it bullying if they attacked their person and called them names, along with threats to their life.

I mean, do you call intercepting a thief that stole the purse of an old lady assault and bullying?

People there are merely fighting back and making it clear that they do not like what they are doing. However, I do agree that there should be physical proof of the theft. So sadly, OP can only truly fight back effectively, if they have the pictures posted somewhere with an earlier date than the theft. Otherwise, sadly, they have nothing in their hand and the only way to stop the thief is to make this public and make people aware of their continued theft.

This way, even if they post pictures on their profile and claim it as their own, people will already know it was stolen. This usually stops a thief in a few months.

Signature done by Ulti!

Offline iMorpheus

• Quarter Moon
  • Goddess Of Kitchen Raiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 09:03:08 AM »
I see both sides to this.

It would defiantly be good to bring awarness about art theft, and who to avoid for future references. I know as well that, the DA admins take forever to respond to things like this, so it is usually good to get as many people to report as possible so they'll eventually catch onto it, because it is bringing attention.

However, like that one comment up there, it can also bring bad attempting to do what you are doing, making this public. It is not a bad idea to bring attention about this, but you have to remember what it brings back to you.

I am sorry that your art did get stolen though, and it is truly a pathetic thing to do. So my sympathy goes to you, under.

Offline Tortuga

• June 2016 MotM
  • Full Moon
  • Weeeeeeeeee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 10:10:35 AM »
I just saw that the person did not visit their profile for 1 and a half -or a bit more- years.
In this case, any comment is unnecessary, since they will not and cannot respond to the demands. Only the admins can do something about this.

Signature done by Ulti!