March 29, 2024, 02:01:55 AM

Author Topic: Critiques and Opinions Welcome  (Read 2687 times)

Offline ThatOneNerd

• Quarter Moon
  • The waffles are coming.
    • View Profile
Critiques and Opinions Welcome
« on: August 06, 2016, 05:34:24 PM »
Hey guys! So I just finished a HUGE piece (well at least to me its huge). It took me days to finish, and I'm quite proud of it. However, I would love it if I could hear all of your thoughts on it.
Here is the link to the piece~
http://thatoneotaku12.deviantart.com/art/Ah-How-Long-Has-It-Been-Again-626359399
Also, go check out the rest of my art at this thread (my main thread)~
http://lastmoon.org/forum/media/more-art-stoof/
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 05:36:23 PM by ThatOneNerd »

(Quote from Naruto Shippuden)

Offline Aetherna

• July 2016 MoTM
  • Full Moon
  • ~The original potato queen~
    • View Profile
Re: Critiques and Opinions Welcome
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 07:42:06 PM »
Critique:

It's wonderful

End of critique. Period

Offline Shadow55

• Half Moon
  • Loser
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 08:19:42 PM »
Omg! it is amazing i love it! i wish i was good at digital art  :'(, some people say im a great artist but its not that big of a deal  :-X

Offline SinPrince

• Full Moon
  • "ur weak bc you eject yourself from drama!!!1"
    • View Profile
    • New Art. Better site.
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 10:11:22 PM »
Hello yes, I'm here to provide helpful and constructive feedback.

Background: 10/10. The background is wonderful, and blends together well. The characters do not seem to blend well into the BG however, but that's just me (who never draws backgrounds COUGH)

Technique: The characters could use a bit of anatomy practice. Particularly the wolf's fur. It is too stylized to blend with the background, and needs more "fluffing up". Avoid lineart to help this when possible, unless you've found a good way to do so. Use your shading and lighting to puff it up. The paws and face of the canine need a little work too, but I'm not an expert for ye olde canines ;; 6/10

Focus/feeling: I read a little into the description, the theme being "friendship". You tell they are side by side in battles and what not, but I feel it's a little bit dampened. The characters being a little more enthusiastic or closer together can improve this feature. (again, i dont fking use emotions correctly either ahaha ) 7/10

Clear lines? The lines are exceptionally clear upon the characters; it's obvious that they have their lineart. The grass blends with that too. But what seems to bug me is the trees being slightly hazy, and the cliffside not having shade upon meeting the grass too.

Remember! I am not trying to degrade your work! It is really good, but there's a little improvement to be made anywhere, no matter who's drawing what.
i'm probably not coming back
:3c
bc ppl can b sore babies

Offline ThatOneNerd

• Quarter Moon
  • The waffles are coming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 10:17:48 PM »
First of all, thank you all for replying! I am glad you guys like it.
Now then haha; SinPrince, thank you for your wonderful critique, and I don't think you're degrading my work, no one bit!
I thoroughly enjoyed reading your critique and see and understand the errors in the picture. Sadly, you said you don't know much about canines, otherwise Id ask you how XD I've only done digital canines about 3 times now, and I really want to get them right. I hope at least the hind-paw was nice.
This is also the first time I've EVER done a background like this. First time Ive done trees, shrubs, grass, rock, and even sunlight. I read into it, and used tutorials (which really helped omg), but I will continue to try and fix everything you've stated ^-^ Especially anatomy, I work hard; studying (even if its just a little bit) every day to try and get even the miniscule parts of it right.
In all, thank you for that, SinPrince!

(Quote from Naruto Shippuden)