April 16, 2024, 11:36:00 PM

Author Topic: A New kind of Threat (Think carefully!!)  (Read 3467 times)

Offline SinPrince

• Full Moon
  • "ur weak bc you eject yourself from drama!!!1"
    • View Profile
    • New Art. Better site.
A New kind of Threat (Think carefully!!)
« on: September 01, 2015, 09:31:47 PM »
So, I'm here to play a little "game" with you. And, to not have spoilers, I want you to simply listen to what I type, so its funnier and scary how easily this can work.

Do you know about dihydrogen monoxide? Dihydrogen monoxide, or DHMO, is a colorless, odorless gas, or in some cases, a flavorless liquid. It is found in the air, and inside almost everything you buy or even drink and eat. Why is this important?

DHMO is extremely dangerous. Even the smallest amount can kill you in liquid form, its gaseous form can cause severe damage to your epidermis (skin), and the solid form can also cause severe damage, some of which are unable to be healed or grown back.

DHMO is consumed by humans everyday. If we happened to part with it, we could very well end our lifetime here on Earth. This is known as an addiction.

Dihydrogen monoxide is found in cleaning products, baby food, our drinks, our foods, and even the air we breathe. Small amounts of it are found in acid rain, as well as cancerous tumors. If this compound is so dangerous, why isn't it banned?

The government has not banned this incredibly dangerous chemical. They even make no move to do so. With only a little of DHMO, we can easily hurt or possibly kill another human, animal, or even plant. Large amounts of this chemical can erode and eat away at even strong metals and the landscape itself

Do you think we should sign a petition to make DHMO, dihydrogen monoxide, an illegal chemical to have, sell, or distribute? Yes or no?

Now, I want to reassure your worried little heads. Lets see what we know about this dangerous compound, shall we?

Dihydrogen monoxide. The name is where we start! The prefixes are key to solving my little riddle or game here. Di- .... this means two, did you know? Dihydrogen; two hydrogen. Mono- means one, like in monochromatic One oxygen. Do you know what else this means?

The chemical compound you've heard about is called H2O, or water! You'll be confused, and ask "But Sin, why is it so dangerous? Water isn't bad for us!!"

Here's why what I said isn't even a lie, my fellow users!

Water, ice, and water vapor are all colorless, odorless, and tasteless.

If you get water caught in your lungs, you can drown or get pneumonia. This can lead to death. If hot steam rushes towards your skin, it can burn or boil it. If you touch something too cold with your bare hands, or get cold for an extended amount of time, you can get frostbite which can be fatal.

I called it an "addiction" to us. Because, like with druggies, sometimes they can die if they aren't allowed to have more of their addiction. If we go more than a few days without water, we die as well!

Water is a drink for us, as well as many sodas, teas, and much more. It is also located in almost every food we eat, whether you think it is or not!

Water is usually within cleaning chemicals like bleach, Windex, or possibly any other I am forgetting. Those chemicals are used to clean every day items, and even large chemical plants.

As I stated that the Government hasn't banned it, its because its water! We need that to survive and live our everyday lives.
[/size]

Now that I'm finished playing this, how do you feel after reading this?? I hope you aren't too mad, this is a fun little experiment to play with people. See how many you can fool before you tel them the truth! (My teacher introduced the entire class to DHMO, we fell for it badly.)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 09:40:04 PM by SinPrince »
i'm probably not coming back
:3c
bc ppl can b sore babies

Offline Husky

• Cobcat
  • Remember your constants
    • View Profile
Re: A New kind of Threat (Think carefully!!)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 10:58:19 AM »
My Chemistry brain didn't faIL ME HAH
That was pretty good though, I can see how people would miss that LOL

Offline Dutchval

• June & August 2014 MotM
  • That girl who is always has too much on her plate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 08:31:13 PM »
HUEEEEEEEEEEE
NICELY DONE BRUV

Avatar done by Sinprince! Signature done by UltimateCreations!

Offline SinPrince

• Full Moon
  • "ur weak bc you eject yourself from drama!!!1"
    • View Profile
    • New Art. Better site.
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 09:21:52 PM »
HUEEEEEEEEEEE
NICELY DONE BRUV

does the splits and raises jazz hands

because it me
i'm probably not coming back
:3c
bc ppl can b sore babies