March 28, 2024, 08:42:36 PM

Author Topic: Apostrophe problems ' " ~ `  (Read 3502 times)

Offline ...............

• Half Moon
    • View Profile
Apostrophe problems ' " ~ `
« on: January 16, 2015, 09:27:36 AM »
I don't know how many people have had this problem but I'm posting it here for future reference since I had this problem on my new laptop.

If you cannot use apostrophes, quotation marks or tilde keys in the game chat then your keyboard language options might be wrong.

To fix it, go to control panel > language > options (next to your current set language)

The next window that opens up has a couple of subheadings (Windows display language, Input method and Handwriting for me)

Go to Input method, if it says United States-International it needs to be changed.

Click on 'Add an input method' and choose US or United States as your input method if you usually use a US keyboard layout. Otherwise choose your preferred keyboard language. > click 'Add'

Back at the Language Options window remember to Remove United States-International from your Input method list. > click 'Save' and then you are done.

Your apostrophe, quotation marks and tilde keys should work in Last Moon now :)

Edit: This was done on a Windows 8 operating system, I noticed last night on my home computer, running on Windows 7, that the options are a bit different but holds the same concept.

With a Windows 7 system you access Region and Language  from the control panel and then change to the Keyboards and Language tab in that window.

You then click on the big button labled Change Keyboard. On this window you will see a white box with a tree and subsections.

Click on the word Keyboard in the tree if you see United States-International listed under Keyboard. Then click the Add... button on the side of your window and look for the US or preferred language layout for your PC (the list is much more complex then the one from Windows 8 )

Click OK, remove United States-International from underneath Keyboard and click OK again! Voilą!! You're done.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 07:18:23 AM by Belladonna Artemis »

Offline Haruki

• Your friendly neighborhood mofo
  • Full Moon
  • Don't be such a haur.
    • View Profile
Re: Apostrophe problems ' " ~ `
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 09:02:07 PM »
Huh. Learn something every day.
+Karma

Offline War

• Full Moon
  • best be left to his own devices
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 09:42:28 PM »

Karma to you madam

Offline ...............

• Half Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 07:16:13 AM »
Thanks guys. I added a section on Windows 7, since I didn't know they had different looking options.