March 28, 2024, 02:02:45 PM

Author Topic: How to make a Preset/Preset Tutorial  (Read 47562 times)

Offline Dutchval

• June & August 2014 MotM
  • That girl who is always has too much on her plate
    • View Profile
How to make a Preset/Preset Tutorial
« on: November 17, 2014, 04:05:27 PM »
Taken from the old Last Moon board, All credit goes to RakshaWw who originally created the thread
Easy Last Moon Preset Tutorial
Even if you've made a preset before, you may want to read over this thread since making them for LM is slightly different than what you may be used to.
Under each step is an image. The links are white so high-light the whole thread to see them if you need to.

1) Find your Last Moon0.3 folder, located where ever you installed the game to.
Spoiler for Hiden:

2. Go into the Preset Materials folder, located in Game > Media > Materials > Scripts > Presets.
Spoiler for Hiden:

3. At the very top of the list in there is a 1.PS_Character file. Open it with Notepad or another txt editor.
This is the Material file for your preset, where all the coding side of your preset goes.
Spoiler for Hiden:

4. Edit all of the 'Character' parts to your characters name.
This does not include the actual file name. Keep it as 1.PS_Character for now.
Spoiler for Hiden:

4.5. If you want to add extra codes to have transparent, glowing or animated/scrolling preset textures, look at the second post on this thread(Will add later).

5. Save the file, keep it open if you want/can.
Go into the 1.UVs folder, located in Game > Media > Materials > Textures > Presets > 1.UVs
This folder contains all of the UVs used in LM.
Note that CharacterBody2Tex is the UV for the Original body, but CharacterBodyTex is the UV for every other body.
If you decide to use the Original body to make a preset for, change the 'texture presets\CharacterBodyTex.png' part in the MATERIAL file to 'texture presets\CharacterBody2Tex.png'.
You can click on the More UV Maps browser icon to get links to more specific UVs like UVs for different heads, wings, manes, tails etc.
Spoiler for Hiden:

6. Rename all of the images to your character name.
Spoiler for Hiden:

7. Copy/Cut all of the images and paste them into the Presets folder.
Spoiler for Hiden:

8. Open the UVs with a image editor program (Photoshop, Gimp, etc. Sai and MsPaint won't be best for presets).
Color the images to what you want your preset to be.
Save once done, they should be saved as .PNG files into the Presets folder, replacing the ones you pasted in there from the 1.UVs folder in step 5.
Spoiler for Hiden:

9. Go back into the Game folder. Open the Preset.Campaign file.
Spoiler for Hiden:

10. Edit the 'Unit_Create=PLAYER,Unit,Body1,Head4,Mane16,Tail15,Wings4,PS_CharacterMat,Tuftless' line to include the right body parts you want to use (more information on this is in the post below this one). Replace the PS_CharacterMat with your characters name.
Spoiler for Hiden:

11. Open the game. Click on the Testing button. Click on the Preset button.
Your character should now have your textures on it. If yes, edit your textures to your desire. If no and your character is plain white, read over the previous steps.
Spoiler for Hiden:

12. Once you're happy with all of your preset textures and you're done, create a new folder some place you will remember (/documents maybe would be best)called your characters name and copy and paste all of your presets textures into that folder.
Spoiler for Hiden:

13. Go back to the LM Preset Materials folder. Rename 1.PS_Character to remove the 1. and replace Character with your characters name.
Then copy and paste that in to your folder.
Spoiler for Hiden:

14. Your preset is now all done and is correctly formatted to work in Last Moon.

Avatar done by Sinprince! Signature done by UltimateCreations!

Offline Dutchval

• View Profile
Re: How to make a Preset/Preset Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 04:06:06 PM »
EDIT:
Jenxie13 has beat me to it! See her tutorial here for scrolling textures, and glow coding here:
http://lastmoon.org/forum/tutorials/preset-scrolltransparencyglow-tutorial/
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 11:05:41 PM by Dutchval »

Offline Fickle

• Quarter Moon
  • Fickle
    • View Profile
    • Fickle's DA
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 09:28:22 AM »
Sorry for posting to an 'old thread' but is this tutorial looks very similar to the one in Feral Heart. If you play/ed Feral Heart I hope u can help me with this one.
Can I use gimp program and everything just like when I created presets for Feral heart? :)

In-game username: Fickle

Offline Dutchval

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 10:27:50 AM »
Absolutely, you may! You can use mostly any image editing program there is available.
Good luck, and Have fun making your preset ^^

Offline Estounia

• New Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 03:04:46 PM »
Sorry for posting this so late
but only my head shows up what should  I do?

Offline Dutchval

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 12:44:36 PM »
You need to check if all your names are the same, and they are in png or jpg format.

Offline granite

• Quarter Moon
  • "Friends call me gran"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 08:14:19 PM »
what do i do if it pops up and says an exeption has occoured? (sorry i spelled that wrong) :P
~golden days~

Offline Venadryl

• Lead 3D Modeler
  • Developer
  • Previously known as Venwolf
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 02:56:14 AM »
what do i do if it pops up and says an exeption has occoured? (sorry i spelled that wrong) :P

You most likely have chosen Part types that do not work together. I know that placing certain heads on certain bodies is impossible unless an admin does it for you.

The only way we would be able to help you is if you gave us an actual screenshot of the error so we could know.

Offline FelidaeArelyka

• New Moon
    • View Profile
    • deviantart
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2015, 07:25:49 PM »
erm, how do i get my preset to work on multiplayer??

Offline Jenxie13

• May 2015 MotM
  • Full Moon
  • corruption is the result of too much power
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2015, 10:48:14 PM »
erm, how do i get my preset to work on multiplayer??
You have to wait until preset submissions are open and pay whatever you need to (if there WILL be a price, this is unknown still) and then give your preset files, including the .txt file, to an admin or game owner.
Once you have done that, the admins will assign your preset to the character you wish it to be on in multi-player.

Offline ℳιzυкι

• New Moon
  • "Reality is an illusion." -Bill Cipher
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART~
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2015, 10:36:40 PM »
Is there a UV map coloring guide? Sorry if I'm such a newb. ^^'

Offline Dutchval

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2015, 06:44:38 AM »
There is no coloring guide, i'm not sure what you mean by a coloring guide. UVs are just guides for you to see where what is, so you can see what you texture when painting over them

Offline Zaroque

• DoE Administrator
  • Legendary Moon
    • View Profile
    • dA
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2015, 04:15:37 PM »
well, i think i know what you mean, mizi.
unfortunately i only found one for the skinny body (also the 'feralheart' body): click me (just look at the body bits!)

the face uv's are pretty self explanatory; they are face on (instead of side on like the body uv's) so therefore you can differentiate patterns on both sides (it doesn't repeat itself on both sides because you get to draw them both!). you can also tell where the mouth and chin are and where they eyes would be. if you are unsure, load the UV on the characters to see where it is on the actual model's face - e.g before you draw over the UV. I'd mark bits with different coloured blobs then you can see more clearly in-game where that section of the head is on your UV.

heres a list of uv's for the different heads, the numbers for the heads in last moon match up with them on this list. if you don't have a kito account make one, the site is really useful for IT stuff!: clicky click
~ R E T I R E D ~

FA || art 

"I didn't let my schooling get in the way of my education"
- Mark Twain

Offline ℳιzυкι

• New Moon
  • "Reality is an illusion." -Bill Cipher
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART~
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2015, 12:54:35 AM »
well, i think i know what you mean, mizi.
unfortunately i only found one for the skinny body (also the 'feralheart' body): click me (just look at the body bits!)

the face uv's are pretty self explanatory; they are face on (instead of side on like the body uv's) so therefore you can differentiate patterns on both sides (it doesn't repeat itself on both sides because you get to draw them both!). you can also tell where the mouth and chin are and where they eyes would be. if you are unsure, load the UV on the characters to see where it is on the actual model's face - e.g before you draw over the UV. I'd mark bits with different coloured blobs then you can see more clearly in-game where that section of the head is on your UV.

heres a list of uv's for the different heads, the numbers for the heads in last moon match up with them on this list. if you don't have a kito account make one, the site is really useful for IT stuff!: clicky click

Thanks for the information! I haven't been playing any of the IT servers lately because of school and exams and it's been almost a year since I last made a preset. XD

Offline xXTyamXx

• Quarter Moon
  • inactive sometimes.
    • View Profile
    • LastMoon
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2015, 03:00:24 PM »
Welp, i followed the steps, i made few mistakes, i fixed them. Sadly it doesn't work, also i might know why and the preset inside game is black and yellow  :(
"eyes locked, you can see the sadness. my heart stops everytime you call." ♡ -you fell from the stars and im starstruck~