March 28, 2024, 08:32:41 PM

Author Topic: How to NOT make a help thread!  (Read 4291 times)

Offline War

• Full Moon
  • best be left to his own devices
    • View Profile
How to NOT make a help thread!
« on: September 19, 2014, 08:43:37 PM »
This is basically the do's and don't's of making a help thread because there's always THAT person..

What NOT to do:

Title: pLZ HALP!!!1111

Cn sum1 plz halp me plz my game no work idk how to fix it HELP ME PLZ!!!11!1!1 >:( >:( >:(

No...just..no.

What you SHOULD do:

Title: Ogre exception error/ game will not start properly/ ect ect

My game will not work properly because there is a missing .dll file/ game will not update properly/ ect

Here is a screenshot of what happens
{INSERT SCREENSHOT HERE}
-Any extra information can be put in-

How can I fix this?

People will love you if you remain calm and organised about the damned situation people, flipping out won't speed the process! >:U

Just made this bc honestly people typing HALP MEI!!!111!!!!!11 DOES. NOT. WORK.

Also as I was typing this I was laughing my head off because some really funny shit happened and my mum was laughing hysterically and that just got me laughing like a loon

Side note from teh Elly;
Don't Forget (I steal your glows!):
+ Don't accuse any staff member or player of abuse or maltreatment unless you have physical proof, such as multiple witnesses, or screenshots. Screenshots would be best.

+ Don't insult the people trying to assist you. Bullying is not tolerated. You will not get very far trying to beat everyone verbally into submission.

+ We can understand if you are dyslexic, learning English as a second/third + language, and so on, but it would be wise to get assistance from someone who isn't so we can understand you better. "Tking in txtspek lol cn b sh. Srsly." And I've personally had a misunderstanding where a guy thought I was coming on to him, on LM, when in reality I was talking about how uncoordinated I am--how I would get lost in my own house; I wasn't inviting him over for a relationship. XD

+ Smiley faces are beautiful, and we want you to be happy enough to feel like you can use them respectively. We (LM collective) aren't against you. There's no reason why we cannot work it out. Just try to keep that in mind when you make a thread.

+ LM is growing in popularity. Don't be angry if a staff member is flooded with work and real life obligations, no matter the situation on your end (i.e. problem with game that regular members cannot fix, etc.).

+ If the problem has been solved, it would be wise to write "SOLVED! THANK YOU!" In place of the title, for organizational purposes.

Danke Elly<3
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 04:22:06 PM by WarFang »

Offline Haruki

• Your friendly neighborhood mofo
  • Full Moon
  • Don't be such a haur.
    • View Profile
Re: How to NOT make a help thread!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 09:07:02 PM »
Damn, girl, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.
Thank you for posting this, though. She's right, guys. We're more likely to help if we know what the problem is... And believe you have capacity to take the advice we give. +karma to you

Offline FaintSilhouette

• March 2014 MoTM
  • Full Moon
  • Thank you Husky275 for the drawing of May! ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 04:02:21 AM »
Couldn't have said it better myself Warfang. Thank you.

Lanetic, Rune, and Tiberius drawn by Bazookaneon

Offline Ellywyn

• Full Moon
  • Slamming revolving doors like Batman.
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 10:53:25 AM »
Don't Forget (I steal your glows!):
+ Don't accuse any staff member or player of abuse or maltreatment unless you have physical proof, such as multiple witnesses, or screenshots. Screenshots would be best.

+ Don't insult the people trying to assist you. Bullying is not tolerated. You will not get very far trying to beat everyone verbally into submission.

+ We can understand if you are dyslexic, learning English as a second/third + language, and so on, but it would be wise to get assistance from someone who isn't so we can understand you better. "Tking in txtspek lol cn b sh. Srsly." And I've personally had a misunderstanding where a guy thought I was coming on to him, on LM, when in reality I was talking about how uncoordinated I am--how I would get lost in my own house; I wasn't inviting him over for a relationship. XD

+ Smiley faces are beautiful, and we want you to be happy enough to feel like you can use them respectively. We (LM collective) aren't against you. There's no reason why we cannot work it out. Just try to keep that in mind when you make a thread.

+ LM is growing in popularity. Don't be angry if a staff member is flooded with work and real life obligations, no matter the situation on your end (i.e. problem with game that regular members cannot fix, etc.).

+ If the problem has been solved, it would be wise to write "SOLVED! THANK YOU!" In place of the title, for organizational purposes.

"Ever walk into a room and forget what you were going to do?

Maybe someone deleted the action you were about to do."
[img width=267 height=200]http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah219/LeaNightrun/495f60b28c61ef86be713d0df8e063ae-d7ofz3x_zps950