March 19, 2024, 04:22:27 AM

Author Topic: Unofficial Contest and Event Rules  (Read 17629 times)

Offline Venadryl

• Lead 3D Modeler
  • Developer
  • Previously known as Venwolf
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
Unofficial Contest and Event Rules
« on: April 18, 2015, 12:49:01 AM »
Welcome to the brand new subtopic, the Unofficial and User-Created Events! You can post any parties, events, or contests here that are for either the forums or the game itself. I have written a set of rules or guidelines for making your own events to hold. Before posting here, be sure to read up on these.

Founder is the lovely Venwolf.

1. Follow the game and forum rules. Any rule breaking can get you a warning, ban, or even an IP ban depending on the situation.

2. NO SCAMMING! This is extremely important! Never ever scam people into a contest that is fake. You'll probably get a staff member's attention by doing this, and not in a good way.

3.Get some staff help, only if possible. For big events that you will host, it is best to get an ingame mod or other member of the staff to help out and keep your event inline. Although I myself am not staff, my advice for getting one to help you out is to politely ask them. If they say no, its no biggie. Any event can be held on your own, but it is HIGHLY recommended to have someone with more control to aid. Remember that the staff has a life offline too, and they might not want to bother with events.

4. Have organization! A uncontrolled, crazy, chaotic event is not sure to hold a good crowd or draw people in. Like I said before, staff help is very useful, but not everyone can have some at all times. Try your best to have an organized event.

5. Don't copy previous events. This does not mean that you cannot host your own Item/Egg Hunt, or have a Four Corners event. DO NOT make your own Member of the Month event, or a Staff of the Year event. I'm sure the event will not be very popular with the staff if you choose an existing one hosted by them. This is a UNOFFICIAL and USER-CREATED board for people who aren't part of staff to post their own events. Not that staff can't make their own events on here, hehe. Remember to have original ideas for both forum and game events, or nobody may join.

6. Be a good player! This one isn't as important, but it is good to know. Don't cheat. Don't complain if you lose, as there will always be other events.

7. Info on Forum Events: If you are holding a forum event, then you might want to know a little more: Although you cannot have a contest for a custom title, you can however have contests for a profile icon of someone's character, a preset for the game, or other things, like ingame items. It might not be as exciting as a cool custom title, but it can probably get quite fun!

8. HAVE FUN!!!! Never forget that these events and contests are purely for fun and shouldn't be taken too seriously! [/font][/size]
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 03:23:34 AM by Lyric »

Offline Lyric

• the real slim shady
  • Full Moon
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Unofficial Contest and Event Rules
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 03:32:56 AM »
Looks great Ven, thank you ^^

Avatar by iMorpheus! Signature by DubstepiC!

Offline Saii (Quit)

• a fucking weeaboo
  • Half Moon
  • holy shit im dumb
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 11:35:31 PM »
Looks interesting. Can't wait to see this implemented.

Offline Venadryl

• Lead 3D Modeler
  • Developer
  • Previously known as Venwolf
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 01:27:52 AM »
Looks interesting. Can't wait to see this implemented.
Looks great Ven, thank you ^^

Thank you guys so much! I'm so excited to see what people can do with this subtopic :D

Offline Lyric

• the real slim shady
  • Full Moon
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 02:55:16 AM »
Great to look at for reference! Thanks again!
/Locking
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 03:22:50 AM by Lyric »

Avatar by iMorpheus! Signature by DubstepiC!