March 28, 2024, 12:02:03 PM

Author Topic: Welcome to the website! + Update Previews  (Read 29474 times)

Offline RakshaWw

• Head Admin
    • View Profile
Welcome to the website! + Update Previews
« on: May 30, 2014, 03:33:28 PM »
Thread updated June 13th, ignore the created date

Hello everyone,
This is the new Official 'Last Moon' forum. Myz has actually purchased this web address so it's not only a forum, we have a whole website set up! Such as a proper Downloads page, Staff page, etc.
And to answer one of the first questions you may have... we have a .org website because .com was taken lol

I hope you like the setup of the forum - after a lot of discussion and debate, the staff have decided to give this website a dark space theme instead of the brighter style that the old forum had(your feedback/ideas would be great!).
We have also cut down the amount of boards as well. It makes the forum look much more small and organised. If you think we have missed an important board, let us know and we'll look into adding it.

In case some of you are interested, these are the forum posting ranks

I will not tell you how many posts are required to earn those ranks ;D Just note that the last 3 (Eclipse, Nebula & Cosmos) may get you some ingame prizes once you have them. I will not say what the prizes are although I will say they will be very rare because these 3 ranks do require a lot of posts and you all know that single word posts, spam, etc is not tolerated so these ranks need to be earned over time!

Another thing I'm sure you're all interested in finding out more on is the new playable models that will be released in the new version of the game.
I can now 100% confirm that there will be completely new, made from scratch canine & feline playable models! These models have been made by Kino. RakshaWw will be making additional body parts such as ears, manes & tails, Forests will be doing the canine fur, Zaroque is doing the feline fur and willing staff members will be doing markings. So we're all working really hard on these models and hope you enjoy them :) They're all WIP at the moment(canine is 90% done, feline 50% done at the time of writing this) so your feedback, comments & opinions about them would be great.

These models are very low poly meaning they should not cause any lag!
Also, currently in the character creator you choose the head you want. In the update you will choose the ears you want! And the ears move in animations & emotes!
The UV map is very simple compared to the current ones so making presets will be much easier. Also, the UV map is all on one image so instead of making a head tex, tail tex etc you can just make a single texture that has all the body parts on it. This will make preset files a lot smaller.

Weather & Improved Graphics
If you have liked us on Facebook, you would have seen these images of LMs new sky, shading/lighting & terrain.

The game also has a new GUI layout, I won't post images at this time as it is not complete yet. The chat is now taking up less space & all the buttons under the Attack/HP bar have all been merged into a single Actions button(shot key G) which comes up with a menu to open your Emotes/Animations, Quests, Friends List, etc.

One last thing.. Staff Demotion, Promotion & Information.
As said before, staff will remain the same - no one is being fired just because we're changing a heap of things. If you notice a staff member is no longer on the list, they have been removed for other reasons. Rimisa has been moved up from Global Admin to Co-Owner. Zaroque has been moved up from Forum Admin/Global Mod to Admin. Joshtiger has been promoted to Developer. Shamboro has been promoted to Developer. Everyone else remains the same as they were.
We've also shortened down the staff ranks. Previously, we had ranks such as Global Admin, Game Admin, Forum Admin, etc, it has now been changed so there's only a single 'Admin' group. All Admins have powers both on forum & ingame.
We may also be hiring more Forum Mods & Map/World Developers & Mesh(3D Models) Developers soon so keep an eye on the Staff Applications board.

That's about it at this point!
The update is expected to be released around the end of July.
You can find more information on the update & ask questions on the F.A.Q.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 08:07:11 AM by RakshaWw »

Offline Manapotion

• Half Moon
  • "We're scary, very very scary!" - Maitlands
    • View Profile
    • LastMoon
Re: Welcome to the website! + Update Previews
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 12:25:15 PM »
I like em all ! The new update is gonna be totaly awesome. If i can help with something please PM me
-Crow

Offline Shadziulec

• New Moon
  • Yo guys :D
    • View Profile
    • Shadziulcowa
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 02:12:23 PM »
It looks like Last Moon will be one of the best servers of IT <3 I love the new forum.Also,i love the new features! You are great guys!
Icon made by myself,please,do not copy (c)

Offline Aɴᴄᴀ

• Half Moon
  • I'm here for the food.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 03:13:05 PM »
Ohmy
The models look awesome
Same with the weather and the forum
Cant wait for the update woo : D

Offline ~HatsuneMiku~

• New Moon
  • Kawaii!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 04:51:28 PM »
Awesome guys!

Offline Nick

• Full Moon
  • All It Takes-IsASpark-To Ignite My Bad Intentions.
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 05:10:00 PM »
Yes, I can't wait for the update.

Hah, looks like I came back to LastMoon just in time.

Offline Warriorlunacat

• New Moon
  • Epic profile picture drawn by abby123abc
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 07:33:52 PM »
wow omg hope my game works so i can play it :D

Offline Husky

• Cobcat
  • Remember your constants
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 10:53:14 PM »
Eeeep those models look fabulous! I love the fur tex, it's something I've always wanted on here. Also, nicely done on the environments, you've brought them to life very well!

Offline StormWolf

• New Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2014, 12:33:26 AM »
i'm so excited! i'm getting this game on my birthday :D also, can someone post a picture of what the sky's and new graphics look like? i accidently deleted my face book :(

Offline Abomine

• September 2014 MoTM
  • Full Moon
  • Just your friendly neighborhood deer-goblin. :)
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2014, 12:50:04 AM »
OMG HELLS TO THE YES NEW FUR TEXTURES. That was the one thing I had always loved in FeralHeart and sorely missed when I moved to Last Moon. I'm looking forward to this update. Keep up the good work, folks! :D

The hills are aliiiiiiive with the sound of uzis...

Offline FerretFoo

• The One You All Love
  • Half Moon
  • lawlz TurcoClurn bestest wow, jurn naow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2014, 06:57:43 AM »
Ooooo yes I like the new site, the new models, new everything i'm excited for the update :D

Offline Draco1182

• New Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2014, 07:14:27 PM »
Does the new update require downloading the game again? Because if it does my laptop will get even more slower.
I love feralheart, last moon, minecraft and many more!

Offline DragonFruit

• New Moon
  • MORIARTY
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2014, 12:21:57 AM »
Dear lord this will take getting used to.

Offline narco

• New Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2014, 11:29:53 AM »

I'm hoping for a sell items feature, where you sell items for a right amount of medals<3

[H O P E]

Offline City

• September Monthly Prizedraw Winner
  • Quarter Moon
  • wuss poppin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2014, 05:33:04 PM »
The models are perfect lol.. Just the back legs need some work but I'm pretty sure you will fix them, xD