April 27, 2024, 02:34:31 PM

Poll

Should more be added to this post?

Yes! Yes! Yes!
It would be very interesting.
Sure.
I quess.
Skeptical.

Author Topic: New ideas for models, maps, creatures, quests, and characters.  (Read 2810 times)

Offline Emubird1

• Quarter Moon
  • https://postimg.org/image/unjaw2ysd/
    • View Profile
New Ideas!

(By the way this took a few more than 3 hrs so it would be kind of you to reply, thank you.  :) )

1.0 New Character Additions
          1.1 Entirely New Models
          1.2 Specialties in Skills
          1.3 Stats
2.0 Quests
          2.1 Quest Pay
          2.2 "Boss" Quests
3.0 Maps
          3.1 New Maps
          3.2 Secondary Maps
          3.3 Map Spawn
4.0 Boss animals
          4.1 Entirely New Creatures
          4.2 Links to quests
          4.3 Difficulty
          4.4 Positives

(I'll give you a hint to the length of this post; this is the table of flippin' contents)

1.0 New Character Additions

1.1 Entirely New Models
Bovines:
Bovines are the animals like buffalo, bulls, cows, etc. but are much more different then deer. This model would be a ungulate, a hoofed animal, but the hooves would be special because they would be split like a cow's. Meanwhile the body would be much broader and larger, maybe having the hunched-looking shoulders that seem to lower the head, a thick barrel-chested upper body,  then tapering to the hind legs and a thinner body, ending in a tail similar to a lion's; ending in a tuft of fur that would be the tail tip. Going back to the head of the model, it would need to be thicker than a deer's head, with non-perked ears that would face outwards, and horns. Now the horns would need the same work that was done to the deer's; it would need to be made into the "mane" category, which would be beneficial because there could be a multitude of horns that would be Mane1, Mane2, Mane3, etc. all of which could be from different bovines.
Examples: Buffalo horns, bull horns, and one or two more.
Or what could happen is that all the horn items would need to be fitted onto the bovine model.
Onto the tufts the bovine model could have a special under neck to chest and head to back tuft, this could give the illusion that the bovine has the thick fur of a buffalo.
(And if able, the bovines could maybe even get a utter somehow  :D)

Birds:
The bird model would be especially interesting because it would on have two legs instead of four, as well as different feet that wouldn't be paws. Another thing about a bird model is that there could be many different heads, wings, and tails.
Heads: Bird of prey(longer, curved beak.), a rounded chickadee head, a parrot head, a sparrow head, and maybe a ostrich head with a long neck.
Wings: Short round wings, longer sharp wings, flightless wings, and possibly penguin flippers.
Tails: Peacock tails(With the "eyes" being the tail tip), bird of prey tails, short feathery tails, fluffy flightless bird feathers, and just a little tail like a penguin.
These bird models could really be very cute, if you think about it, and the walk could even be a bit of a strut/waddle.

Lizards:
Lizards themselves make up a entire group themselves, and the lizard model could even be made into a dragon with a different head and bat wings. The body could be a lower-set body like the weasel model, only with different bends in the arms to make the lizards walk differently.
Heads: Dragon, iguana, chameleon, normal lizard.
Manes: Dragon horns, cheek thorns, triceratops crest.
Tails: Long tin tail, short stubby tail, tail ending in a ball of bone, bone-horned tail.

1.2 Specialties in Skills
The skills that these models could have would be similar to the bears and the roar skill, being that they damage more with certain skills.

Bovines: Specialties could be stomp.

Bird: Specialties could be lunge.

Lizard: Specialties could be sweep.

1.3 Stats
Bovine:
Health: 25
Damage: 5
Flying: -0.2
Running: 0.2
Swimming: -0.3

Bird:
Health: -90
Damage: -40
Flying: 3
Running: -0.2
Swimming: 0.2

Lizard:
Health: 5
Damage: 5
Flying: -0.1
Running: -0.2
Swimming: 0.5

2.0 Quests

2.1 Quest Pay
To have a greater pay for certain quests would be quite nice for Last Mooners who want to buy items, pets, or shards but don't have the time to do a quest over and over and over again. This isn't needed, but it would make it less upsetting when the incorect shard, pet, or item is bought with well-earned money.

2.2 "Boss" Quests
What would they be? Well it would be a quest involving killing a boss animal, which in Section 4.0 is explained, and would most likely involve more than one player to defeat the boss animal. A few situations/quest could be these:

Bats! Bats! Bats!
NPC: "There are a bunch of bats that are eating all of my fruit on my apple farm! Kill them and their leader in Echo Cave in Farm."
Checklist:

0/100 Fruit Bats
0/1 Mega Monster Bat

Pay:
x1 diamond
x5 Silver

Sunken Ships
NPC: "I've lost two ships to the serpent; she swallowed them whole! Go to Underwater World and kill the Yellow Sea Serpent. 

Checklist:
0/1 Yellow Sea Serpant

Pay:
x1 diamond

Crikey!
NPC: "I saw 'er out in the the great plains, close to two stories tall with her pups, mate! Go to Savannah and kill the Mega Dingo."

Checklist:
0/1 Mega Dingo

Pay: x1 diamond

Chilled to the Bone
NPC: "It was the most horrifying thing I've ever seen in my life, and I don't want to ever see that monster again. Go to Friged Peaks and kill the Windingo"

Checklist:
0/1 Windingo

Pay:
x1 diamond
x5 gold

3.0 Maps

3.1 New Maps
Farm:
Farm wound be a large amount of land that has a apple orchard, a farmhouse, a pasture that is fenced in, and a large barn near the farmhouse that can be entered to find a large amount of hay and a few water troughs.

Portals Within Farm: Forest, Town, Echo Cave, and Really Big.

Frigid Peaks:
Tall black and snow-topped mountains range entirely across the map before ending in a steep cliff that falls to a vast amount of water, only baring a abandoned camp sight and a abandoned cabin that can be entered. The sky would be dark gray with black clouds that let down snow, giving the idea that the peaks are quite cold.

Portals Within Frigid Peaks: Ice and Underwater World.

And Last Mooners can add their own map ideas! (ONLY THE MAP IDEAS PLEASE.)

3.2 Secondary Maps
Secondary maps are maps within another map that are a little smaller like Ice Cave and Serpents Pass, or at lest I'm calling them Secondary Maps. These won't be more than wild maps that are realistic.

Echo Cave- Found in Farm, Echo Cave is a brown rock cave that has twists and turns but not like a maze, just like a normal cave system, in addition stalactites and stalagmites are present(Rock formations that are found in caves).

Desolate Cave- Found in Frigid Peaks, Desolate Cave is a light grey stone cave that is covered in ice, and even has a small frozen pond inside it

3.3 Map Spawn
So what spawns in these maps? Are there ones that don't spawn anything inside?

Farm: cow, bay horse, pinto horse, smoke horse, pig.

Frigid Peaks: buck griffin, griffin, white wolf, windingo.

Echo Cave- fruit bat, mega monster bat.

Desolate Cave- None

4.0 Boss Animals
I've already talked about some boss animals but I'll explain them in context right now; boss animals are extremely strong creatures that have a lot of damage, health, and are a little rare. In comparison, Slenderwolf would be a medium boss.

For instance here is a level scale for boss animals:
Easy: Monster Cow
Medium: Slenderwolf
Hard: Windingo
Extremely Hard: (???) Something that would require a whole group of +4 Last Mooners to kill.

Some that could be created are.........
4.1 Entirely New Creatures

Mega Monster Bat- Found in Echo Cave, the Mega Monster bat is a easy boss, and it is a mega fruit bat(real) that is extremely large. It's fur is dark brown, has black leathery skin, and has green eyes with red pupils. Even though it has wings, it isn't able to fly due to how the caves are too small for it's wingspan.

Yellow Sea Serpent- Found in Underwater World, the Yellow Sea Serpent is a easy boss, and it is a huge legless, arm less, sea snake that has a frill and a blue tongue and eyes. It moves like a snake.

Mega Dingo- Found in Savannah, the Mega Dingo is a easy boss, and is a dingo that has been supersized. The Mega Dingo looks like a completely normal dingo that has no other appearance.

Windingo- Found in Frigid Peaks, the Windingo is a hard boss, and it is a mixture of animals that is based off the Windigo(A folklore legend of a cannibalistic mold of a human and a deer, normally having a deer skull instead of a head). The Windingo is a mix of a dingo, a deer, and a polar bear. It has the head of a deer skull which has the teeth of a wolf, the upper body of a thin bear that could include a wolf, the stomach of a dingo, the legs on a white deer, and the tail of a dingo. All of this is blue or white, and it has dark blue slashes on it's white deer thighs.

Griffin Deity- Found in Crater, the griffin Deity is a medium boss, which is a large mix of a unicorn and a dove. It appears to be a generic griffin; bird head, bird frontal legs, back legs of another animal, bird wings, and the tail of another animal. But instead, it has the head of a white dove that has a unicorn horn, the front legs of a dove, dove wings, the back legs of a unicorn, and the tail of a unicorn. (The entire griffin is white except for the unicorn tail that is silver.)

(Maybe more)

4.2 Links to Quests

Yellow Sea Serpent- Sunken ships

Windingo- Chilled to the Bone

Deity Griffin- The Fallen

Mega Monster Bat- Bats! Bats! Bats!

4.3 Difficulty
Generally these "Boss" animals are quite hard to defeat and will most likely require
a) A special character model and number of skill
or
b) More than one person to fight it
and this is because how much money they give; at the very least 5 gold, and at the most 2 diamonds and 5 gold. This would make questing more interesting and getting a lot of money quicker, which is always good to get items and other things you like.

Difficulty for Each Boss:

Slenderwolf- Medium

Monster Cow- Easy

Yellow Sea Serpent- Easy

Windingo- Hard

Deity Griffin- Medium

Mega Monster Bat- Medium

4.4 Positives
1. We'd have some new awesome quests that would be a bit more exciting.
2. More money would be made and would allow more items to be bought.
3. In order to make these things more people might donate if they're expecting some quite exciting new things.
4. More people will interact with each other, and it's not fun to be alone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading, even if it was only parts due to how long the post was. Feel free to reply, it was a bit of a project so.......... I'd enjoy a few replies. >_<:;

« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 10:24:19 PM by Emubird1 »

Offline Jenxie13

• May 2015 MotM
  • Full Moon
  • corruption is the result of too much power
    • View Profile
Re: New ideas for models, maps, creatures, quests, and characters.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 04:20:55 PM »
I love this entire idea you have here, Emu! However, while it may make items to get easier with such high rewards, I think we should probably lower it just a tad (maybe only gold?) since a majority of actually hard quests are only worth gold. Plus, if a quest is worth diamonds, normally they would not be repeatable since the reward is so high. This way people can have a challenge they want so they will not become bored with the game. :3 That way they will still be able to have the fun adventure of getting hard-earned medals and being satisfied because they worked so hard to get it and be satisfied with their reward!
If it were so easy to get medals with these quests, people would start to take it for granted and they wouldn't be as excited when earning medals and buying a pet or shard they want. I myself have been playing since early March 2014, and when I got my first gold pet, an adult dragon, it took me a while to get, yes, but when I finally DID get it, it brought me sort of a giddy, happy feeling, it made me feel proud of myself that I could get such an interesting and unique pet! I feel as if we make it so much easier to get gold, diamonds, and rubies, people will not feel the same way when getting a pet, and it would sort of defeat the purpose.
But trust me, overall, I love the ideas of new quests, prey, maps, and characters!

Offline Emubird1

• Quarter Moon
  • https://postimg.org/image/unjaw2ysd/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 04:43:04 PM »
I love this entire idea you have here, Emu! However, while it may make items to get easier with such high rewards, I think we should probably lower it just a tad (maybe only gold?) :3 That way they will still be able to have the fun adventure of getting hard-earned medals and being satisfied because they worked so hard to get it and be satisfied with their reward!
But trust me, overall, I love the ideas of new quests, prey, maps, and characters!

I understand all of this, which is why I give it the title of "boss" quests, they are much harder do(even harder then slenderwolf) and they can't be repeated. Along with that I agree that hard-earned cash, and I've felt the same feeling with my old and first pet.  Not only that but I'm fine with the lower reward, maybe one or two could diamond? I'd be glad either way, I just wanted to give some ideas that would make Last Moon a bit more flashy.....or dark. It is a 13 and up game so we can stretch it a small bit right? All I can say is I had inspiration, and it needed to be shared.  :)

Offline faun

• Full Moon
  • Discord Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 05:59:27 PM »
All these ideas are great! Seriously this must have taken you a very long time, since it's so well organized, good job, it was worth it!
I must agree with Jen here, I was never really into having a huge dragon following me everywhere since I don't really hunt that much anymore. But I think get such a pet must make someone happy and proud as stated, therefor, I think we should think more on the rewards.
Overall all the suggestions are very interesting, I specially love the map and prey ideas!
faun . she/they
i am not affiliated with this game anymore, please don't message me for help!

Offline Husky

• Cobcat
  • Remember your constants
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 07:28:50 PM »
I actually
Quite like all of this. It's well thought out, presents very clear ideas, and you clearly put some time and effort into it. I'll keep this bookmarked and we'll see what happens in the future c: