April 28, 2024, 12:59:54 AM

Author Topic: What's the meaning behind your username?  (Read 3367 times)

Offline faun

• Full Moon
  • Discord Admin
    • View Profile
What's the meaning behind your username?
« on: January 02, 2017, 06:02:44 PM »
I was recently discussing this with someone and I thought it would be interesting to see what's the actual meaning behind the usernames of other players. You can even talk about other usernames you may use!

So I shall start
As you may know my actual usernames are UltimateCreations/UltimateCreator. While the latter one is just a shorter version to fit in the actual game, UltimateCreations was created when I was around 11, back in the days of a small disney art website, Disney Create. I think the actual name of the website explains the "Creations" part easily, being partially inspired by others with a similar formulated username. From then I just tried to find an interesting and "cool" word to shove in there. I saw ultimate writen somewhere and that was it. I kid you not at the time I didn't even fully know what the word meant. But it seemed cool so I just went with it LMAO.
I guess that explains my hatred for this username. It feels as if I'm all full of myself by calling myself the "OOOH ULTIMATE CREATOR" while in fact silly little me had no idea what it meant

But I nowadays mostly go by Ulti which, despite being an obvious diminutive for Ultimate, wasn't exactly started by me. In fact it was pretty much created by felow last moon players. People just started using it on their own. It's short simple and easy to remember, not to mention it isn't really used by anyone else on the IT community and that's why I liked it so much. And so that's what I named my fursona as wellafter leaving the 13 year old emo phase. It's pretty much my artistic/fake name as well.

So what's the history behind your username?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 11:58:48 PM by Ulti »
faun . she/they
i am not affiliated with this game anymore, please don't message me for help!

Offline Venadryl

• Lead 3D Modeler
  • Developer
  • Previously known as Venwolf
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
Re: What's the meaning behind your username?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 07:01:14 PM »
I had a sparkle-dog emo fursona back when I was 11 named Venom and I wanted a cool username for my art page on Instagram so I combined the word "Venom" and "Wolf" to make Venwolf.
The name stuck ever since and although I now don't really like it, I can't seem to lose it.
I still have my sparkle-dog fursona, though I'm out of that emo phase everyone seems to have, and her name is Venom... RIP me.
People started calling me Ven and one really cool fact about that is that it means "friend" in Danish.
So yeah. And here I am today.

Offline tessabear2008

• Tess loves Pixel
  • Half Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 08:55:43 PM »
Well, my user is Tessabear2008 but I go with Tess now as the same as you people started calling me Tess. Ok so we had this dog unfortunately shes in heaven now but she was called Tessa, but we always used to call her Tessabear or Tessiebear. And then the 2008 is where we got our second dog. So I guess this user is emotional as me as Tessa was with us for 16 years! That's older than me

Also your user past is very cool!

Offline CloudFish

• Admin
  • cloudfish#8217
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 11:46:14 PM »
when i was little i thought the sky was just an upside down ocean and i would call the clouds fish. my siblings made fun of me for it for years. so when i was trying to pick a username for a game, i came up with cloudfish.

Offline Peggles

• Quarter Moon
  • ♤ Perpetually Sleepy ♤
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 08:00:22 AM »
A very long time ago I used to play this mobile app game called 'Peggle', and thought for a username, it would sound better and I could kinda make it my own if I changed it to 'Peggles'. I can't quite remember, but I think that Last Moon was the first time that I used this username.

Signature by: Akumachun

Offline Dutchval

• June & August 2014 MotM
  • That girl who is always has too much on her plate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 03:21:03 PM »
I needed an easy to remember username for tiny dutch, so I easily picked dutch, because my family comes from there and largely are dutch. And as I child I took so much pride in the fact I was dutch, maybe because I was such a minority in the US? Dunno
The val part is simple.....
It's my real life nickname LOL

I have a duuuuuutch
I have a val
UH
DUTCHVAL

Avatar done by Sinprince! Signature done by UltimateCreations!

Offline SkyPie

• Quarter Moon
  • Darky is my bby<3
    • View Profile
    • Lastmoon
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 04:15:19 PM »
Well when i was like 13 i always loved (PIE) and i outside i would eat blueberry pie all the time where did I added sky? its because its blue like blue berry pie so thats why i love my username;)

Offline Yolo<3

• Quarter Moon
  • Howdy.
    • View Profile
    • LastMoon
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 09:19:42 PM »
When I had gotten LastMoon I was a little stuck on a username. Plenty of people had amazing ones but I wanted one that stood out. Then for some odd reason YoloSwagDancer was born. (Although I am a horrible dancer ;) If you'd like to see me dance click here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuxWRI_tH3Y) Then I just played LM. Until a few of my friends helped me realize the real me. That's when I learned my sexuality (I'm gay *LOUD&PROUD*). I honestly thought of Yolo as a name and not the acronym. The more I played LM the more I discovered the changing of me. On LM I was actually something, actually someone. In real life, I was just someone you saw in a crowd but never noticed. And like magic something hit me. I compared myself to my Yolo. She was strong, full of courage, and never afraid to show the real her. She was the real meaning of YOLO to me. I, on the other hand, decided to not come out of the closet as a gay yet, I was terrified of what they would say. By they, I mean the entire world. I always cared what people thought, as if their opinions actually ruled my life(& at the time..they did.) That's when I guess Yolo finally reached through to me. November 9, 2016 was the day I finally told my parents I was gay. I was so happy because for once I could actually be myself. Yolo was a teacher to me and still is. She is teaching me that hiding behind a computer screen and being someone else your not is wrong. Being yourself is what matters. ;) Sorry for the long post. But that's how much she changed my life. That's why I like the saying "You only live once."

Offline LOSER

• Full Moon
  • Nice work, bone daddy.
    • View Profile
    • Oshima
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 11:19:15 PM »
Well, I go by Cookie & Cookaine nowadays. But the reason behind ThatLoserCookie is that Cookie was already taken, and Cookaine wasn't a created name yet. Not to mention I was having a lot of mental problems & dealing with depression. I knew a friend years back as ThatNerdoMarko, I used to make fun of his name to just mess with him, that was until a year later, he was diagnosed with cancer. He was fine for a while, he soon died a year or so later. So my name is actually a memorial for Marko. Loser of course I made with Cookie, cause I'm a goober, and I like my names to be either memorial or goofy, Maybe both. So yeah, that's my story pretty much. Sad, but heartwarming :)
Helpful Links:
HELP || RULES || FAQ
"Life is for the alive, my dear."

Offline Gone

• Proclaimed Batman
  • Full Moon
  • Cya later.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 09:35:28 AM »
I was named after a movie i used to watch when i was little - Batman -Dark knight. The 56, Came from my dads race car he used to drive in the speedway when i was little, It was a 56 speed drag yx56.

goodnight.