April 26, 2024, 04:44:16 AM

Author Topic: Public discussion: community's behaviour  (Read 5114 times)

Offline Aetherna

• July 2016 MoTM
  • Full Moon
  • ~The original potato queen~
    • View Profile
Public discussion: community's behaviour
« on: August 25, 2016, 03:28:45 PM »
PUBLIC DISCUSSION: COMMUNITY'S BEHAVIOUR

I didn't think I would end up making something like this, but the situation has beaten me to it. I decided to discuss this with all the Lm players, even the ones who quit and stayed in the forum. This topic will be divided into different sections so it's easier to navigate. No people will be named. Keep in mind this is just a reminder of how unpleased part of the community feels
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THE COMMUNITY?

I would spend hours talking about this, but I'll say the most important things. Many players are unpleased with the way the community is starting to behave, me included. From the random drama, to the lately frequent rape jokes (and awkward sexual stuff in general) to even some people representing an annoyance to all of us.

Sadly, this is a thing that never stops, but we can always collaborate to make our community better. This will be discussed in the following sections.

2. RULES: DO WE CARE ABOUT THEM?

The title is a good question to start this section: do you care about the rules?
The fact is, every player must care about following them, but this isn't always true.

The rules that leaded me to make this thread, as I think are the most disrespected ones, are the following:

2. No BULLYING, RACISM or EXPLICIT CUSSING!
Swearing at or bullying other players is not permitted and will result in a straight away ban. We do not tolerate bullying on Last Moon. Also, any user found using unacceptable account or character names will be asked to remove it, if they don't it will result in an automatic deletion and ban. Spamming in-game is not acceptable. e.g, Full capitals in every sentence.

3. No extreme sexual content.
We all want to have a little bit of silly fun sometimes, but if it annoys another player, stop straight away.

13. DO NOT create drama!
No drama what-so-ever! If someone starts an argument with them, simply walk away! If it's bullying or insulting to you, tell a staff member if they are online or screenshot it and send it to a staff member! Do not try to resolve things by yourself with arguing.

As I mentioned before, drama is a thing, a thing that creates problems among the community. These problems eventually lead to the infraction of rule number 2, as whenever is drama, there is bullying.

The extreme sexual content also happens. One thing is a rape joke, another thing is a ton of them. This has become a real annoyance, as the person who is making the jokes or whatever it is won't stop until they get  a warning from staff (if there is staff online, of course)

3. WHAT IF I DON'T FOLLOW THE RULES?

The thing is, most people are already aware of the consequences, but if you're not, then this section is for you.

1- Warning: if you do any of these, and staff sees is, you will probably get a warning. If you get one, stop right away. If you keep acting the same, you'll get a ban, which talking about...

2-Bans: a ban mean you won't be able to use the multiplayer mode for a set time. The time of the ban is decided depending on your actions. Be careful, they can be permanent!

4. HOW DO I DEAL WITH PROBLEMATIC PLAYERS?

The most important thing is, DON'T FOLLOW THE DRAMA. This will only create more problems and more people might get involved. The best thing to do in this situation is reporting the player to the staff. To report someone, take a screenshot and PM them through the LM forum. Don't forget to send the screenshot! If there is a staff member online, tell them your problem and they will get it solved.

5. DISCUSSION

Now that I said everything, it's time to discuss the topic. You can share your opinion, thoughts and tips to help the community be better.

Rules for discussion:

-Don't hate, or spread hate of another player.
-Don't call out names in your post.
-Constructive criticism is appreciated
-Don't double post or spam. Edit your post instead.

Reminder: the purpose of this topic, isn't ranting about the community. With this post, I want to make new players and veterans aware of our situation and help us solve this problem

-Aeth-
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 04:20:45 PM by Aetherna »

Offline SophyTheLioness

• Quarter Moon
    • View Profile
Re: Public discussion: community's behaviour
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 07:27:02 PM »
This.

Offline Dutchval

• June & August 2014 MotM
  • That girl who is always has too much on her plate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 07:58:14 PM »
We as staff would love to help, however since we cannot be online all the time, we need reports, and how are we supposed to know the wrong doings of the community when we get little to no reports for an extended time? Also keep in mind that often people tend to act differently when one of us is on, versus if we were offline.
I agree that I've heard by word of mouth that a few users have been causing trouble, but we cannot fix said trouble if we have no proof/evidence/etc to go off of!
Keep that in mind too please :)

Avatar done by Sinprince! Signature done by UltimateCreations!

Offline Aetherna

• July 2016 MoTM
  • Full Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 08:17:23 PM »
We as staff would love to help, however since we cannot be online all the time, we need reports, and how are we supposed to know the wrong doings of the community when we get little to no reports for an extended time? Also keep in mind that often people tend to act differently when one of us is on, versus if we were offline.
I agree that I've heard by word of mouth that a few users have been causing trouble, but we cannot fix said trouble if we have no proof/evidence/etc to go off of!

Yeah, that is another issue. We can't do anything with those problematic users, as long as staff doesn't get reports of it. I can't take screenshots because my computer doesn't have the keys to take them (I use a shitty laptop), but I'd love if someone told me another way to take them.

And it's true that people act a different way depending on if there's a mod or not, but still, they should now they can get reported.

Offline Dutchval

• June & August 2014 MotM
  • That girl who is always has too much on her plate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 08:35:10 PM »

Yeah, that is another issue. We can't do anything with those problematic users, as long as staff doesn't get reports of it. I can't take screenshots because my computer doesn't have the keys to take them (I use a shitty laptop), but I'd love if someone told me another way to take them.

And it's true that people act a different way depending on if there's a mod or not, but still, they should now they can get reported.

You can save the chat by typing /savechat [filename]
that will save a .txt document of the chat log as the name of the file you gave it (filename.txt) in your Game Folder

Avatar done by Sinprince! Signature done by UltimateCreations!

Offline Aetherna

• July 2016 MoTM
  • Full Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 10:15:56 PM »

You can save the chat by typing /savechat [filename]
that will save a .txt document of the chat log as the name of the file you gave it (filename.txt) in your Game Folder

That will work, thank you.

Offline SinPrince

• Full Moon
  • "ur weak bc you eject yourself from drama!!!1"
    • View Profile
    • New Art. Better site.
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 10:49:25 PM »
lmfao wow the community is terrible at this rate
huh, why did i leave?
look at my like, 12+ blocklist
i'm probably not coming back
:3c
bc ppl can b sore babies

Offline Vessan

• Developer
  • Shhh, I think they have heard us
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 01:14:58 PM »
You guys have the full right to tell them to stop in a non agressive way and move their banter to a private discussion. Such things do not belong to the public for all to see but I could care less how commrades talk to eachother among themselves.

I bet in most cases they'll stop, but if they don't and you need some help, I'll be always available like last time to step in this nonesense.
I am playing star zoo :'v
I died
I WILL BEAT THIS GAME
I take it back
[sobbing]
This game is a nightmare

I rock with DeadlyKight

Offline Aetherna

• July 2016 MoTM
  • Full Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 02:30:34 PM »
huh, why did i leave?

It's a shame users like you, and damn, that blocklist is huge X_X

You guys have the full right to tell them to stop in a non agressive way and move their banter to a private discussion. Such things do not belong to the public for all to see but I could care less how commrades talk to eachother among themselves.

I bet in most cases they'll stop, but if they don't and you need some help, I'll be always available like last time to step in this nonesense.

Thanks for your help, Vess. The issue is, that some users react aggressively to us telling them to stop or don't even care about what we tell em to do. Welp, I hope nothing like the last time happens again. It was a discontrol.

Offline Vessan

• Developer
  • Shhh, I think they have heard us
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 04:05:37 PM »
Like I said, in such case you guys have us to give them the boot and never be scared to contact us with pictures and the such or an alert if you see us on <3
I am playing star zoo :'v
I died
I WILL BEAT THIS GAME
I take it back
[sobbing]
This game is a nightmare

I rock with DeadlyKight

Offline SinPrince

• Full Moon
  • "ur weak bc you eject yourself from drama!!!1"
    • View Profile
    • New Art. Better site.
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 10:35:17 PM »
huh, why did i leave?

It's a shame users like you, and damn, that blocklist is huge X_X

me, being shameful or what?

no, i am very tired of both the in-game community and suddenly three people on here I can't stand at all. i am very tired of it in general, and I'm pretty close to quitting due TO all of this. thats why i say its "terrible" because a good portion is making me angry and pretty messed up in the head. it makes me SICK. thats plainly speaking.

the blocklist grows as long as I find more annoying and irritating users here.

clarification: the attitudes of people are disgusting. it is pushing me away. the age rule breaking, the spamming, the rudeness, the drama, the thieving. all of it. MINIMODDING is something i run into. a lot. and i can very well report that to the mods, i just haven't because its useless. i feel that they, the ones breaking rules, get away with just a strict pm most of the time because it isn't much of a big deal. i feel there needs to be a "__ warnings and a ban pursues" action now.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 10:39:38 PM by SinPrince »
i'm probably not coming back
:3c
bc ppl can b sore babies

Offline Lyric

• the real slim shady
  • Full Moon
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2016, 12:03:24 AM »
I'm locking until shit calms the fuck down.

Avatar by iMorpheus! Signature by DubstepiC!