April 27, 2024, 08:51:12 PM

Author Topic: Pets and Quests  (Read 2891 times)

Offline Tortuga

• June 2016 MotM
  • Full Moon
  • Weeeeeeeeee!
    • View Profile
Pets and Quests
« on: May 27, 2016, 09:54:47 PM »
Hi there!

Yet another tiny suggestion coming from me.

So, sometimes when we do quests and kill our prey, our pet might be strong enough to kill multiple with a single hit, when prey spawn in a cluster or suddenly walk right towards one another. That is no issue....

The problem is when these multiple kills dont count to our quests. This brings in two issues... All those uncounted prey could have helped finishing the quests faster... and the pet keeps killing all the prey around us, thinning them, so we are forced to dim skip.... only to have the pet do the exact same thing.

I have two suggestions:

• Make it so the pet's kills also count into the quest. I mean, it is our pet. We tamed it or purchased it, so its kills should count too.
  • Make it so the pet can only hit a single prey at a time, so at least we have something to still kill once our pet is done attacking.

Thank you for reading!

Cheers,
Tortuga

Signature done by Ulti!

Offline Luminescent

• Half Moon
  • yeet
    • View Profile
Re: Pets and Quests
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 12:13:13 AM »
I have a question, doesn't your pet help YOU kill it? So I mean the pet, if strong enough, might be killing it for you, but the game might perceive that your pet's kill is your kill? Probably am being stupid.

Other than that, another very well done suggestion my dear Tortuga.

Offline Tortuga

• June 2016 MotM
  • Full Moon
  • Weeeeeeeeee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 08:17:47 AM »
Haha, thank you.

Yes, that is what the game is doing right now. If you dont attack a prey but your pet accidentally kills it, it is currently not counted as 'your kill'. For it to register as your kill, you need to attack the prey at least once.

Signature done by Ulti!

Offline Luminescent

• Half Moon
  • yeet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 02:01:03 PM »
See I was being dumb.

You want your pet's kill to be counted as yours, okay gotcha. Love the idea, and this would make quests easier so I don't know if that's a bad thing or a good thing, but I love the idea, Tortuga.  :D