April 28, 2024, 10:19:00 PM

Author Topic: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden when trying to run  (Read 6450 times)

Offline SusiKette-Baka

• New Moon
    • View Profile
HTTP Error 403: Forbidden when trying to run
« on: January 14, 2016, 07:39:42 PM »
Whenever I'm trying to run Last Moon I'm getting the following error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 77, in <module>
  File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 126, in urlopen
  File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 406, in open
  File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 519, in http_response
  File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 444, in error
  File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 378, in _call_chain
  File "C:\Last Moon update\build\pyi.win32\Last Moon\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 527, in http_error_default
HTTPError: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden

When I tried running the update.exe from the game's main directory my anti-virus noted that it was trying to connect to internet and asked me if I want to allow it. Of course I allowed it, but unfortunately I'm still getting the same error :/

Offline Dutchval

• June & August 2014 MotM
  • That girl who is always has too much on her plate
    • View Profile
Re: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden when trying to run
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 07:43:54 PM »
Your antivirus or firewall is blocking the updater. You need to create an exception for it in your antivirus's/firewall's settings. Either make an exception for the Last Moon.exe or the update.exe. (Or just both)

Avatar done by Sinprince! Signature done by UltimateCreations!

Offline SusiKette-Baka

• New Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 08:01:13 PM »
Your antivirus or firewall is blocking the updater. You need to create an exception for it in your antivirus's/firewall's settings. Either make an exception for the Last Moon.exe or the update.exe. (Or just both)

Didn't I already allow it when it asked if I want to let it connect to internet? :D
The updater is now displayed in my anti-virus' exceptions list as 'allowed'. Last moon isn't listed there, but there is no button to let you add programs, which makes me believe that last moon isn't even blocked.
Also I have allowed both updater and last moon on windows' firewall.
Another thing I noticed is that last moon seems to be 32 bit (according to the log I posted). Could this be a problem as not all 32 bit programs work on 64 bit OS (although most of them will).
I also tried to set the updater and last moon to run in compability mode, but it was no help here.

Offline Dutchval

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 08:12:03 PM »
I run a 64 bit system and I can run any 32 bit program fine. The only problem with that would be performance issues, and increased ram usage if you use the wrong bit. But seeing as there is no  64 bit Last Moon, you won't have an issue. And if you always should have somewhere that you can add exceptions to your antivirus. Just google it if you seriously have trouble figuring out how/ cant see where.

Offline SusiKette-Baka

• New Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 08:36:16 PM »
Hmm... I may have found out the problem. I found this on F-Secure's forums:
What DeepGuard does, is that it might block the connect attempt for a while, until it decides whether to allow it to pass. This is where some applications crash. They are not prepared for the connect to block that long. Another thing is that it might prevent the connect from succeeding. You must also handle this in your application properly. I find it very unlikely that DeepGuard would directly cause the crash - most likely it modifies the system behaviour enough so that your application can't handle it properly.

Since F-Secure doesn't seem to allow you to add exceptions on your own to the list (requires DeepGuard to analyze it first), you would need to disable F-Secure (or DeepGuard at least) to play Last Moon. I personally think that it would be more convenient to the players (it seems like I'm not the only one with this issue) to actually make the updater to be able to handle the connection begin delayed/blocked temporarily because completely disabling your anti-virus always comes with a risk.

Offline Dutchval

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 08:47:06 PM »
I've had many other players have this issue with no problem, to be honest. I've heard of and dealt with the antivirus "F-Secure" and from what I can see it always blocks Last Moon.
While it may be so that you have some special version of some sort, I can assure you that Last Moon's methods have nothing wrong with it, however because of it's lack of certification, many antivirus programs have issues with it.
Personally I've never had any issues with it ever. Hell I've even made it run on a Mac without too much of a problem.

Edit: Upon googling "deepguard has blocked an application" I've already found a solution.
Copy pasted from other website:

Open Computer Security.
On the main page of Computer Security, click Tools.
Click Applications. The Monitored applications list is shown.
Find the application that you want to allow.
Note: You can click column headings to sort the list. For example, click the Permission column to sort the list into groups of allowed and denied programs.
Select Allow in the Permission column.
Click Close.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 08:50:52 PM by Dutchval »

Offline SusiKette-Baka

• New Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 09:04:40 PM »
I have seen that same text you copy pasted. Like I said last moon is not in the monitored programs list. The updater is and it is already allowed.

Offline Jenxie13

• May 2015 MotM
  • Full Moon
  • corruption is the result of too much power
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 11:02:41 PM »
Well you could try disabling your anti-virus while you update and play Last Moon.

Offline SusiKette-Baka

• New Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2016, 05:39:19 AM »
Well you could try disabling your anti-virus while you update and play Last Moon.

Tried that too but it didn't help :c
What else could be causing this problem?

Offline Dutchval

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2016, 06:37:35 AM »
Nothing else could be causing the problem. It's either your antivirus or your firewall, because those (can) block out your outgoing/incoming connections.

Offline SusiKette-Baka

• New Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2016, 11:42:58 AM »
I found some more settings on my firewall. Hopefully the translation is clear enough (+my handwriting is awful, lol)

I found these in the advanced firewall settings in the "arriving traffic rules" (or something like that) section. The same 4 lines are for the update too. The settings are exactly the same as for the 4 Last Moon lines. Could these be incorrect for LM to work?

Offline Sebby

• New Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2016, 11:33:08 PM »
I admit, have the same problem, Last Moon and update.exe are allowed, using F-Secure, am from the same country, can't fix it. Whether it was with or without firewall and anti-virus, still giving the same thing. Is there like a port on the downloadable site which should be forwarded on the router?

Offline Jenxie13

• May 2015 MotM
  • Full Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2016, 11:45:29 PM »
Err, maybe it's F-Secure itself then? Or the version you guys have? I've honestly never even heard of the anti-virus before, so I don't know how it works or what it does.

Offline Ciel

• New Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2016, 12:22:48 AM »
They have said countless times that it is not F-Secure.

Offline Jenxie13

• May 2015 MotM
  • Full Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2016, 02:01:59 AM »
Well, all the evidence points to it otherwise.