April 28, 2024, 12:52:01 AM

Author Topic: Micro-Pet? Tiny Pet? Flea Pet?  (Read 3374 times)

Offline Tortuga

• June 2016 MotM
  • Full Moon
  • Weeeeeeeeee!
    • View Profile
Micro-Pet? Tiny Pet? Flea Pet?
« on: May 17, 2016, 10:35:38 AM »
Hi, everyone!

I am not sure if it is a bug or if it was meant that way, but I will ask just to be sure...

So, I have a Golden Dragon pet, which is pretty huge. When I am on Portal Island, I shrink it so people dont get disturbed by blocked views. Sometimes I want to shrink it to hunt much easier.

But there is a small issue.... -pun intended-

The dragon shrinks to the size of a flea. I mean, it is just a dot on my screen. I just want to shrink it to make it not as large like other pets I see around but this is a bit of an overkill when it comes to shrinking. I still would love to see my pet xD.

Seriously, the first time I wanted to shrink it at the Bazaar -after I bought it- I thought the game deleted it because I couldnt see it.

Is this a bug or should I make a suggestion for it?

Thank you!
Tortuga

Signature done by Ulti!

Offline CanineCat

• Full Moon
  • freddie is a god
    • View Profile
Re: Micro-Pet? Tiny Pet? Flea Pet?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 10:56:35 AM »
All pets get super tiny when they are shrinked. This is kinda normal. But if your bothered, grow it again it will still be small, but noticeable and not annoying to the other players. If you want to grow it to normal size, switch dims or restart LM.
woah im back wtf

Offline Tortuga

• June 2016 MotM
  • Full Moon
  • Weeeeeeeeee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 11:38:43 AM »
I had other pets too but none of them shrink to this tiny size. I only noticed this with my dragon so far. Other pets shrink to a reasonable size, like the manta rays, elephants, etc.

There is no point in the tiny flea size, since we cant even see the pet and sometimes I am having trouble finding it on my screen.

When I shrink it, it gets flea tiny. The only option I have from there on is to grow it to the what I would call 'intended shrinked size' or shrink it back to its flea size. But I cannot revert back to its original grown size. The only way is to restart the game or go to another map, as you said.

To me, it looks like a bug.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 11:41:41 AM by Tortuga »

Signature done by Ulti!

Offline Dutchval

• June & August 2014 MotM
  • That girl who is always has too much on her plate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 12:05:30 PM »
It depends on the pet on how much it "shrinks" I know with the Big Mama Morpho, it becomes so small that I can't see it even on my super massive monitor zoomed in xD
You can either just regrow it if you happen to find it, or if you can't find it, just quickly restart and it'll be back to normal size.
The shrink function does just what it was intended, to have a pet that may not be visible, but can still be useful if hunting.

It's not a bug, trust me xD

Avatar done by Sinprince! Signature done by UltimateCreations!

Offline Tortuga

• June 2016 MotM
  • Full Moon
  • Weeeeeeeeee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 02:07:57 PM »
Cant the amount they shrink be modified in the code?

I just see no point in flea-sized pets. It is nothing else but a hassle to keep restarting each time I want them back to original size and it is really a bother to not be able to see the pet on the screen. Restarting each time is really frustrating.

Signature done by Ulti!

Offline Lyric

• the real slim shady
  • Full Moon
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 04:28:13 PM »
It's actually not a glitch as Dutch stated, just really funny.
You can shrink and re-enlarge your pet. I know that sounds weird but if your pet is that small and you grow it it'll still be small.
You'd have to leave the map to make it full size again once coming back from a shrink to grow.
Hope that makes sense.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 04:30:47 PM by Lyric »

Avatar by iMorpheus! Signature by DubstepiC!

Offline Tortuga

• June 2016 MotM
  • Full Moon
  • Weeeeeeeeee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 05:34:31 PM »
I guess I am off to make a suggestion, then.

Thank you, guys!

Signature done by Ulti!