April 27, 2024, 05:03:48 PM

Author Topic: Ogre issue  (Read 2559 times)

Offline Spacepimp

• New Moon
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
Ogre issue
« on: September 03, 2016, 11:15:17 PM »
This is Devvarahfox here ! i had to make a new forum acc since i cant seem to remember anything (i suffer from memory loss) ive been a long time user on this game for who knows long but ive always been on and off with this game, leaving for months at a time.  Recently ive been having laptop problems and had to refresh it, in doing so it uninstalled my LM game so i reinstalled it. of course i got errors and i managed to fix the missing file one (cant remember what it was) and i thought i was good ! and i made it onto the log in screen in game, but when i tried to log in i got an error and im unsure how to solve it.  I took a screenshot, http://sta.sh/03osy6z7g2f i tried to install the second link below directx when downloading the game but it said a new version of it or soemthing like that came out but it didnt tell me what and i dont want to download something if i dont need it or know what it really is

i also have a question, when downloading directx i couldnt find my LM folder so i placed everything in my pictures since its the easiest to find and, do i really need all these files ?  http://sta.sh/01wze5q4y6so

thank you

Offline Aetherna

• July 2016 MoTM
  • Full Moon
  • ~The original potato queen~
    • View Profile
Re: Ogre issue
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 11:29:40 PM »
If you have the LM icon in your desktop, do right click on it and a bunch of options appear. There is one that shows you the location of the file (the LM folder). Click on it and the LM folder should appear.

Then, delete the "version" file and start the game as you normally do.

What deleting version txt does, is forcing an update, and therefore "downloading" all the files that are part of the game.

Hope this helps!

Offline Spacepimp

• New Moon
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 01:12:23 AM »
it worked, thank you !!

but do i need all those files from directx in the second question/sta.sh link ?

Offline Myz

• Mooo
  • Head Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 01:17:25 AM »
it worked, thank you !!

but do i need all those files from directx in the second question/sta.sh link ?
not if it's working