April 29, 2024, 07:35:40 AM

Author Topic: Why was my account deleted?/PLEASE make Last Moon for Ubuntu  (Read 6351 times)

Offline Flufferanian

• Quarter Moon
    • View Profile
Why was my account deleted?/PLEASE make Last Moon for Ubuntu
« on: September 28, 2014, 04:37:04 PM »
Please, please, PRETTY, PRETTY, PRETTY PLEASE make Last Moon for Ubuntu. My other account Felislupus, "supposedly" got deleted for being inactive. I can't afford to buy another computer at the moment, and I don't want this one to get deleted too. My current one cannot take Windows, so the best I have is this. I can't find any good games to play, and I'm tired of playing Animal Jam and Transformice all the time. I tried to download Feral Heart through the terminal, and it didn't work. Also what happened to ProBoards?

Offline Haruki

• Your friendly neighborhood mofo
  • Full Moon
  • Don't be such a haur.
    • View Profile
Re: Why was my account deleted?/PLEASE make Last Moon for Ubuntu
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 06:35:06 PM »
Wow, whoa, okay slow down, dude. This looks like a ton of issues conglomerating into you not being able to play.

Ubuntu: From what I understand, that is a separate operating system than your average windows or mac. Usually for these (Like Linux) people will use an adaption system like WINE. You might need to google adaption programs from windows to Ubuntu.

Old Account: Are we talking about your ingame account? Because I've been here a long time and never heard of anyone getting their account deleted because of inactivity. In fact, people from years prior who take hiatuses and come back often keep their same accounts. So that isn't the problem, man.

Unless you're saying that Felislupus is your FORUM account, in which case, it's irrelevant. It's still on the old forum, and we've left it back there. Everyone started over, not just you, so you're fine.

Disregard FeralHeart; Acquire the finer things in life.

We left Proboards behind to move into the Alpha stage of LastMoon's development.

Offline Myz

• Mooo
  • Head Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 03:03:53 AM »
Try running it in Wine, and we never delete accounts for inactivity.

Offline Flufferanian

• Quarter Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 09:16:03 PM »
See, I tried to run Feral Heart in Wine, and it doesn't work. Is there any REALLY BASIC instructions on how to download it? I was worried because I haven't been able to play the game for serveral months. For the account thing, is this a seperate forum thing? I typed my old username and pass and it said "This account does not exist" and I typed it again and it logged me on this one. I tried using the link below as a tutorial and the music and stuff works but the login screen is all black, it sometimes crashed, and the tutorial is very confusing. So is there anyway to run it without Wine?

http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=25782.0

Offline Husky

• Cobcat
  • Remember your constants
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 09:29:03 PM »
I don't think they're talking about running Feral Heart
This is Last Moon that's in discussion

Offline Bazookaneon

• Full Moon
  • BAZOOKA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 03:55:52 PM »
If you are inquiring about FeralHeart, then ask on the actual FeralHeart forum rather than here in LastMoon. The two are completely different servers and are run by different people. You're better off making a thread for that question on the forum where it belongs.

As for logging into LastMoon ingame, you do need to make a second account ingame. The ingame accounts and forum accounts are not connected, so creating an account on the forum does not create an account of the same username and password in the game itself.

Basically, your ingame account was never deleted. Rather, it was never created. Fix that by clicking "new user" on the main menu, fill out that stuff, and you're set.

Also, if you're saying that you tried to log on to this forum using your username and password from the old forum immediately, then let it also be known that no accounts from the old forum were transferred onto the this one. You had to have recreated your account on this forum instead.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 04:04:24 PM by Bazookaneon »
B A Z O O K A ! !

Offline Flufferanian

• Quarter Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 10:00:04 PM »
If you are inquiring about FeralHeart, then ask on the actual FeralHeart forum rather than here in LastMoon. The two are completely different servers and are run by different people. You're better off making a thread for that question on the forum where it belongs.

As for logging into LastMoon ingame, you do need to make a second account ingame. The ingame accounts and forum accounts are not connected, so creating an account on the forum does not create an account of the same username and password in the game itself.

Basically, your ingame account was never deleted. Rather, it was never created. Fix that by clicking "new user" on the main menu, fill out that stuff, and you're set.

Also, if you're saying that you tried to log on to this forum using your username and password from the old forum immediately, then let it also be known that no accounts from the old forum were transferred onto the this one. You had to have recreated your account on this forum instead.

No, I'm not trying to ask for help on installing Feral Heart HERE, but giving a suggestion about creating Last Moon for Ubuntu so I wouldn't have to use Wine. Sorry for asking, but does this use Open GL like Feral Heart does? My dad thinks it's something to do with that and not finding it. Is there anyway to make a BASIC terminal tutorial? Cause if I go through that then it'll screw up like Feral Heart.

Offline Dutchval

• June & August 2014 MotM
  • That girl who is always has too much on her plate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 10:00:25 AM »
Sorry, but if you want help from Feral Heart, we would really like it if you asked on their own forums. There is a reason why we have separate forums for these two games, because they aren't like each other, at all.

As for your questions about tutorials and such, I'm afraid Google is your Best friend, as they like to say.

And yes, we use Open GL as one our our two rendering systems, along with Direct.

As for making LM for Ubuntu, I'm afraid that's very low on our priority list, as we are in the middle of creating a Revamp, or \The\ Revamp for LM. It's very time consuming as is, let alone having to re code LM for Ubuntu. We don't even have LM for mac, let alone Ubuntu.

Sorry Hun!

Avatar done by Sinprince! Signature done by UltimateCreations!

Offline Haruki

• Your friendly neighborhood mofo
  • Full Moon
  • Don't be such a haur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 10:33:43 AM »
No, I'm not trying to ask for help on installing Feral Heart HERE, but giving a suggestion about creating Last Moon for Ubuntu so I wouldn't have to use Wine. Sorry for asking, but does this use Open GL like Feral Heart does? My dad thinks it's something to do with that and not finding it. Is there anyway to make a BASIC terminal tutorial? Cause if I go through that then it'll screw up like Feral Heart.

Oh, okay, you're suggesting that LastMoon is more like FeralHeart. Well, they both run Ogre, which is the base game. Really, they're the same thing, with different concepts and coding is all. You're not gonna get far with that. Let's be real here. You're working on a rather exotic operating system. I hadn't even heard of Ubuntu until this thread. LastMoon can't be adapted to every single operating system because they're all different.

I doubt the question of rendering systems is the issue. You said that Wine wasn't working? I'd recommend looking through Wine's help threads and tutorials. Perhaps there was an installation or running error. Here, I found this for you:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/988/how-can-i-install-windows-software-or-games

If you manage to work this out, perhaps you could try writing that basic terminal tutorial on your own and helping others with your problem.