April 26, 2024, 11:29:07 AM

Author Topic: Share your favourite media?  (Read 2488 times)

Offline Vessan

• Developer
  • Shhh, I think they have heard us
    • View Profile
Share your favourite media?
« on: February 09, 2017, 10:06:29 PM »
Oh yeah, I guess I wanted a thread like this.

To share and discuss some non interactive media we all like. Maybe recommend or critique the things we love or want to share.

(Media to discuss: Comics, cartoons, films...)

So yeah tell me what you guys like.

I really like those super obscure old-timey cartoons like:

Samson and Sally (A tale of two sperm whales)
Ringing bell (Chirin no Suzu) (A tale of vengeance.)
etc

But also some more 'recentish' stuff like Kill la Kill, Over the garden wall.
I kind of liked Steven Universe ;c but the fandom repelled me.
OH ALSO SAMURAI JACK SAMURAI JACK.
I recently began to rewatch it, as an art student just...ugh it makes me MELT. The colours, the style, the composition.....aaadaspaewčqšlqrć3qš3.

Havessan.exe has been corrupted
Proceed to terminate file?

WHAT?       Yes        No

Book series like Salvatore's Drizzt books. (only posessed one trilogy, sob, the second one)

But I also absolutely love cold war related books :D
Anyone read 7000 days in siberia!

I have the following books in mind to read next time:
L'Étoile du sud
Ice station zebra (There is also a movie)

(yes, I know my taste is very varied, but tell me about your tastes :3)
I am playing star zoo :'v
I died
I WILL BEAT THIS GAME
I take it back
[sobbing]
This game is a nightmare

I rock with DeadlyKight

Offline Ro

• New Moon
    • View Profile
Re: Share your favourite media?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 04:41:16 PM »
I'm a huge twd geek lmao

as for books well i don't read much but i've read warriors (warrior cats) and damn that fandom has taken me places
wouldn't have met my best friends if it weren't for the series pfft

also been in the spn fandom for a while but a certain someone had to ruin it for me ugh

Offline Vessan

• Developer
  • Shhh, I think they have heard us
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 03:43:42 PM »
I know a little bit of the story, but it was easy enough to join all those warrior cat rps. Generally I am not much op for such literature (more darkish, interesting, slightly retro feeling fantasy books catch me sooner.) But I see how they got popular. Cats are popular pets. Badass cats are cool yo ;p
I am playing star zoo :'v
I died
I WILL BEAT THIS GAME
I take it back
[sobbing]
This game is a nightmare

I rock with DeadlyKight

Offline Dutchval

• June & August 2014 MotM
  • That girl who is always has too much on her plate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 08:58:44 AM »
I'm a huge fan of high detal/poly 3D models/scenes.
Example: Literally any shot from the Disney film Moana. Holy shit if you haven't seen that film, you need to see it. And if you've already seen it, but only once, I recommend watching it a second time, and just look at the detail in the scenes. From the texture of the sails on the boats, to the hairs on the coconuts (especially the coconut head dudes), that film is amazing, story wise, music wise (if you love Hamilton, you'll love this, a lot of the music is written and composed by Lin Manuel Miranda), and artistically. I sincerely hope that Moana gets A LOT of awards for its work.

I also LOVE rotoscoping.
Rotoscoping, if you didn't know, is a technique in animation where the artist traces over a 3D or real life animation, and then redraws it in 2D. The results are amazing. Videos like the music video for Lone Digger-Caravan Palace (Be warned though, there's blood and minor gore in that video if you wanna look it up. Also the reason why I'm not linking it here LOL) is an example of rotoscoping. There's also a few other examples that I need to find back. I also recall that a few music videos from the game League of Legends uses rotoscoping as a technique in their animations.

I also like general graphic novels?
I'm a visual person by nature, and reading books normally doesn't peak my interest often, so there's very few books that I'm actually willing to read. However, graphic novels (not cartoons/comics, but ones with a fleshed out novel like plot) I can never get enough from. The Flight book series is amazing, which is essentially a series of books from multiple different artists  PER BOOK. Each artist basically writes a minature graphic novel, and some are relatively long, ranging from literally like 1/4 of the book, to just 3-4 pages. I highly recommend picking one of those up, but some of the books contain a few NSFW scenes. Not as in sex, but also not something I recommend reading at school LOL.

Avatar done by Sinprince! Signature done by UltimateCreations!