April 28, 2024, 01:38:09 PM

Author Topic: Why is this game going down  (Read 4110 times)

Offline ElectricAurora

• Quarter Moon
  • The community is dead, SIKE.
    • View Profile
Why is this game going down
« on: May 05, 2016, 02:32:33 AM »
Seriously. Half of the players that play this still don't talk. the other half does. Why are we losing players??? [EDIT: This should be as active as feralheart to be honest. ]
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 04:09:14 AM by ElectricAurora »
file:///C:/Users/Bridie%20Marks/Desktop/Lucas%20and%20Boney.gif

Offline Aetherna

• July 2016 MoTM
  • Full Moon
  • ~The original potato queen~
    • View Profile
Re: Why is this game going down
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 05:45:16 PM »
Indeed. When I talk, most of the players ignore me and the rest of them don't say a single word...

Offline Venadryl

• Lead 3D Modeler
  • Developer
  • Previously known as Venwolf
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 03:07:15 AM »
To be honest it's up to the community.

If you want an active, great, social experience then the entirety of the game's players and you will have to pitch in. Start a conversation, talk around, start posts on the forum. One of the reasons we could be losing players is because of the inactivity and lack of community.

Keep in mind that people can be afk as well, most likely they aren't ignoring you. Spread out to make friends, this game has multiplayer for a reason. It's all about the community.

If you want an active community, start with yourself. Rather than complain about it, try to fix it.

Offline Tortuga

• June 2016 MotM
  • Full Moon
  • Weeeeeeeeee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 10:18:52 AM »
When I am online, most of the time Portal Island is pretty silent. When someone talks, it is usually either on another language I cannot understand (I think russian or polish?) or they are already having a conversation that is about something only they want to talk about.

What I notice is that people usually arent approaching one another. They rather sit around and watch than be part of a conversation. One reason why it is declining. I am around for some time and I never had a conversation with others -sadly. I am still trying to catch roleplayers rping or invitations. But so far, just close friends speaking, people with foreign language or silent people seem to be around.

Doesnt make it easy to make friends.

Signature done by Ulti!

Offline Dutchval

• June & August 2014 MotM
  • That girl who is always has too much on her plate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 10:43:22 AM »
To be honest I've been wondering the same thing. Thanks for the info Tortuga.
I'll try and host an event today to see if I can boost people's social-ity more xD Maybe it will give people a boost in the right direction. I don't want this to become one of those little games where people just sit around waiting for stuff to happen kind of thing.

Avatar done by Sinprince! Signature done by UltimateCreations!

Offline Tortuga

• June 2016 MotM
  • Full Moon
  • Weeeeeeeeee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 01:17:37 PM »
I just saw you ingame.

Maybe you and the other admins/mods could try to coax people into conversations? Not just events. Just speak to people in general. About anything. Once a conversation starts, people will join in, chip in, give their two cents. People get drawn in. If it is a topic that isnt all that personal and limited to individuals, that is.

It is the same to all games, dont worry. Even Feral Heart and browser based games have this. If there is a conversation, it is usually within a friend circle that one doesnt really want to intrude. Hence why people choose to remain silent most of the time. Or are generally too shy to go over to a stranger and start up a conversation on their own.

Like me. I am pretty awkward at first xD I usually dont know when it is appropriate to drop into a conversation, as I dont want to be rude and disturb them. So I sit nearby or around them and see if they address me and include me or not.

Signature done by Ulti!

Offline Venadryl

• Lead 3D Modeler
  • Developer
  • Previously known as Venwolf
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2016, 01:44:32 PM »
I attempt to include all in my conversations, but there are always inside jokes or other things that people who haven't been in my friendgroup for long would not understand.

Just as a broad public announcement, never be afraid to talk to, have a conversation with, or chill around me and other members of staff! We won't bite! I'm always open for conversation and I love meeting new people online because it's much easier than doing it irl, and also, some players here are the sweetest people I've ever met.

Offline Luminescent

• Half Moon
  • yeet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2016, 05:12:56 AM »
I definitely agree. I believe this game isn't as active, is because there have been so many Impressive Title Servers, that all feel the same. I mean wolf soul, last moon, and dragon's den are very similar, having critters that you can kill and gain items, skills, and more, and also the same character styles. But, the Last Moon developers seem to me that they have been trying to implement many DIFFERENT functions in the game, such as NPCs, and different animals, which is great! By making this game a little more different, it may attract more ITP (Impressive Title Players). But, maybe we haven't been advertising this game well enough. Every product and game for the community needs to be well introduced in order to get the community's attention. And I mean the online community. It should attract many different gamers. So, it should be DIFFERENT, welcoming, and maybe advertised.

I'm not saying that we can do this, or this is true, but I'm just throwing out thoughts.

Offline Dutchval

• June & August 2014 MotM
  • That girl who is always has too much on her plate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2016, 11:57:33 AM »
Yeah I've considered advertising on the FH and Kito Forums, but never actually done it LOL.
I'm slowly starting to see an incline again in people online, so I think one of the reasons behind the drop may have been a lot of people had their end of year exams (mine are still coming up) and now people are slowly starting to get out of school again :P

Avatar done by Sinprince! Signature done by UltimateCreations!

Offline Tortuga

• June 2016 MotM
  • Full Moon
  • Weeeeeeeeee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2016, 12:39:31 PM »
Not to mention it is summer soon. Which means summer vacation. Which means more free time, which means more Last Moon players!

Signature done by Ulti!