April 28, 2024, 04:58:00 PM

Author Topic: ~|Newbie Alert!|~  (Read 10824 times)

Offline PaperWolves

• Quarter Moon
  • 0 . 0
    • View Profile
~|Newbie Alert!|~
« on: September 29, 2015, 08:55:32 AM »
Hi everyone! I'm new on here and I cant wait to meet many of you in-game! <3 <3
I would appreciate some tips from older users so I have at least the slightest idea of what to do!
XD
Thanks,
Cant wait to meet ya!
❀Dan and Phil/Harry Potter/Warriors/GMM/Pokemon/Cats/Role Play/Voltron/Anime❀

Offline Cookee

• Master of Halloween 2015
  • Developer
  • ▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100% ℓєт тнє gαмє вєgιη🎮🎧
    • View Profile
Re: ~|Newbie Alert!|~
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 12:06:12 PM »
Welcome to Last Moon! ^^

I'm not really a long member, but I'm pretty sure that I could help you in-game anyway.
So see u there. c:

And yea, if you've any special problems with the game or download or what ever, you could make a topic in the correct folder here on the forum.
The staff is rlly active here and I'm sure they'll help you as good as they can.

Offline elvis

• Quarter Moon
  • i'm not elvis presley : ' )
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 01:55:16 PM »
aaa hello
i'm elvis !! i'm an old member from the original good ol' impressive title. if you need help with anything, i'm here!
hope to meet you in game
hii i'm elvis and i'm 16
they/them

Offline Jenxie13

• May 2015 MotM
  • Full Moon
  • corruption is the result of too much power
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 07:45:07 PM »
//Moved to Introductions.~
Welcome to Last Moon, SkyPaws! Hope to see you in-game sometime. nwn
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 07:49:06 PM by Jenxie13 »

Offline PaperWolves

• Quarter Moon
  • 0 . 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 11:22:24 AM »
Hi yeah, I kinda do need some help. :3 I understand part of the game and how the creators make money is through the ads program that is downloaded onto your computer along with the game. Though I don't want that on my computer, and I don't really trust those programs.... (there considered spyware in a way, they watch what your doing and springs ads on you...) If not that's fine. Just a future thing I would suggest is a different way to earn money. Possibly hosting the game online, and putting ads in the margins.
Thanks for any help!

Offline Jenxie13

• May 2015 MotM
  • Full Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 07:30:46 PM »
Hi yeah, I kinda do need some help. :3 I understand part of the game and how the creators make money is through the ads program that is downloaded onto your computer along with the game. Though I don't want that on my computer, and I don't really trust those programs.... (there considered spyware in a way, they watch what your doing and springs ads on you...) If not that's fine. Just a future thing I would suggest is a different way to earn money. Possibly hosting the game online, and putting ads in the margins.
Thanks for any help!
We do not add any viruses/malware/spyware into a computer. Last Moon is 100% virus free, otherwise we would mention it on the Download page. c:

Offline Venadryl

• Lead 3D Modeler
  • Developer
  • Previously known as Venwolf
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 10:08:50 PM »
Last Moon doesn't contain any viruses. We are completely malware, spyware, adware free! We don't make money off of installing any ads on your computer either. The only thing installed from the Last Moon download is the game itself. If you're still concerned the game contains ads, then either don't download it or ask me for a preview of what the game looks like. I'd be glad to give you pictures to show that we are ad-free, in-game wise.
I guess I can consider myself an experienced player; if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 10:12:43 PM by Venwolf »

Offline PaperWolves

• Quarter Moon
  • 0 . 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 05:04:38 AM »
Hmm... I find that kind of astonishing to hear. Did you ever read the fine print? It says: By downloading this you understand we will be downloading 'this' and 'this' onto your computer. I looked the programs up and it's made by google, it watches your computer to suggest things and bring up ads. And did it never occur to you that you cant scan a google doc with virus detectors and anti malware bites? I would consider that, and its kind of suspicious. I understand thousands of other people play this, but they probably let the downloading thing slip by..... Hmm I only wonder. I understand this is how the game makes money, BUT, this isn't the best way. I would like some explaining.... What have I been doing wrong?!? :3

Offline Dutchval

• June & August 2014 MotM
  • That girl who is always has too much on her plate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 06:21:46 AM »
Hmm... I find that kind of astonishing to hear. Did you ever read the fine print? It says: By downloading this you understand we will be downloading 'this' and 'this' onto your computer. I looked the programs up and it's made by google, it watches your computer to suggest things and bring up ads. And did it never occur to you that you cant scan a google doc with virus detectors and anti malware bites? I would consider that, and its kind of suspicious. I understand thousands of other people play this, but they probably let the downloading thing slip by..... Hmm I only wonder. I understand this is how the game makes money, BUT, this isn't the best way. I would like some explaining.... What have I been doing wrong?!? :3

Huh? No where on our downloads page do we state that you will be downloading what you call is an "Ads program." When you download Last Moon, you download our installer which installs 3 things: our updater, our game.exe and the base files. The only logical thing I can see you are mixing up with is our updater, which shows up as a black box when you run Last Moon for the first time.
Jenxie and Ven have already stated this, but we do not provide any kind of Malware, Virus, nor Adware in our installation of Last Moon. I have downloaded Last Moon through Google drive (which is what I assume you meant by google docs) and ahve had no issues with Google stating that it is a virus.
As well, Last Moon is freeware, and the only way we make money to keep the server afloat is via Donations.
The only logical conclusion that I have is that you may have clicked on an ad that said Download, instead of the actual downloads link, and assumed that that was the actual LM download.
Regardless, this has been said many times before, but I'll say it again: Last Moon does not make you download nor provide you with an "Ads Program" in any way, shape or form.

Avatar done by Sinprince! Signature done by UltimateCreations!

Offline PaperWolves

• Quarter Moon
  • 0 . 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2015, 06:26:56 AM »
(ok sorry I sound stubborn) Mhmm.... Right. Sure. So why did it come up for me? I clicked on the ACTUAL DOWNLOAD link. (I'm not that dumb) It brought me to a 'google drive document' I know it doesn't include viruses but I'm kind of curious WHY those things came up for me. I know I sound really stubborn and annoying but I guess you can say I'm over protective of my computer. Though I will try the downloading thing again, for it could have just been a trick of the eye. Thank you for all your time and help, I'm so sorry I had to ask this question. :3

Offline Dutchval

• June & August 2014 MotM
  • That girl who is always has too much on her plate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2015, 06:32:14 AM »
(ok sorry I sound stubborn) Mhmm.... Right. Sure. So why did it come up for me? I clicked on the ACTUAL DOWNLOAD link. (I'm not that dumb) It brought me to a 'google drive document' I know it doesn't include viruses but I'm kind of curious WHY those things came up for me. I know I sound really stubborn and annoying but I guess you can say I'm over protective of my computer. Though I will try the downloading thing again, for it could have just been a trick of the eye. Thank you for all your time and help, I'm so sorry I had to ask this question. :3
Ever considered that you downloaded this "ads program" from somewhere else?

Avatar done by Sinprince! Signature done by UltimateCreations!

Offline Jenxie13

• May 2015 MotM
  • Full Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2015, 09:04:54 PM »
It brought me to a 'google drive document' I know it doesn't include viruses but I'm kind of curious WHY those things came up for me.
That's where Myz, the owner of the game, decided to upload the file.

Offline Aquathest

• Quarter Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2015, 09:38:21 PM »
Hi! I hope we can be friends.
I'm new, but I know a lot about IT games, so I can help you out a little.
Hope to see you ingame!
♥ Dragon lover ♥